chapter twenty seven.

Pandora

YEEUN - HELLO TO MYSELF


"I'll regret this. But this is my only hope... And there's no turning back."

 

Minyoung sighed as she looked at the tall, well built school in front of her. Certainly in better shape than Seoul Center, as if more wealthy students came to the school. The school structure seemed to be in perfect shape more than Center, which looked like it was hit by a bulldozer dozens of times. When she entered the school gates, she found everyone almost dressed like her. The atmosphere seemed different from what she was used to, and for the first time, she felt scared as a transferee, usually she'd feel brave, but it was different now. Her confident was gone, now that he wasn't going to be by her side anymore. "Lee Minyoung?" Minyoung looked up seeing a boy with short hair and a smiling face. "I'm Kwangsun, school vice-president. Welcome to Eastern."

Sehun sighed as he sat in his seat right before the first bell rang. He found his new class partner pull out his chair and sat down, greeting Sehun. He glanced at his friends that sat in front of him, and were chattering happily. They all started a happy chat. When all the rest of the students came in, they were all smiling and talking to their friends. Sehun suddenly paused. Something felt different. It was usually unusual to see his classmates smiling and laughing about, especially so cheerfully. "Do you feel a bit different?" he asked.
Kai shrugged. "It's like the negative energy is gone though."
"Where's Minyoung? Class is about to start," Chanyeol said.

Sehun looked back finding her seat empty. *Did she already choose?* He slid back in his seat and sighed. The sad feeling was coming back to him. "She's in a better place."
"You mean..." Chanyeol looked up and pointed upwards and D.O slapped his arm. 
"Not that you idiot. She's probably somewhere she really wanted to be at," he said.
Sehun sighed and glanced at the ground. "Are you guys happy that she's gone? Like everyone else?"
Suho shrugged, "It's a bit awkward. I'm kinda used to how it used to be."

"And this is your homeroom," Kwangsun said with a smile. "Classroom 2-2. If you have any questions or get lost, I'll be everywhere in this school, so don't be afraid to ask. Same with our school president..." he said and looked in the classroom. "That's weird... He's usually in class by now." Minyoung looked inside the classroom and found everyone preoccupied in their studies. "Oh, there he is," Kwangsun said, pointing at a light brown haired boy, sitting in the very back of the classroom, looking out the window. "You can ask him anything, too. He's Ilsung, our president. You're lucky to be in a class with him. You can ask your homeroom teacher anything too. She's the only nice teacher around here," he said before giving Minyoung a tiny smile and leaving. "Just wait out there for your homeroom teacher, they know that you're coming," Kwangsun shouted from down the hall and disappeared as he turned to another hallway.

The bell rang and teachers stepped into their classrooms. A teacher walked towards Minyoung with a smile and asked, "Are you student Lee Minyoung?" she asked. Minyoung sheepishly nodded. "Come inside," she said and walked into the classroom as Minyoung followed behind. "Class, we have a late transferee, meet Lee Minyoung," she said as she walked towards her desk. She turned to Minyoung with a handful of books. "These are books that you will need for the semester, and you will be sitting next to..." She glanced at her seating chart. "Park Ilsung." She pointed at the seat that the school president was sitting in.

Minyoung hesitated at first, but walked towards her new seat and sat down quietly. *Still in the back...* She glanced around, finding students still focused into their studies, but finally lifted their heads up like robots when the teacher began class. She sighed and looked at her folded hands. She felt different, as if she was almost welcomed. No one looked at her when she came in, not even a comment was made. The Eastern students were different from Center. Eastern students actually came to class early to work on homework, assignments, and study. While at Center, everyone was fooling around, creating fights, and didn't even try to get any schoolwork done, but the school wasn't as bad as Southern, where everyone tormented the teachers. Center was in between good and bad, the learning system wasn't as good as Eastern, but it was still strict. Eastern's school itself was even more different. No loud screaming throughout the hallways, no cold stares, nothing. It was a quiet environment, and everyone cared about their studies more. The atmosphere was even different, it was light and just, peaceful. Minyoung sighed once more and looked up.

The three hours of classes in the morning passed in a blink, and it was finally lunch. Minyoung didn't have an appetite for lunch, but she went to the cafeteria anyway. She entered a large cafeteria that seemed to be like a 5-star restaurant instead of a school cafeteria. Looking at the food, it was as if the school was serving steak and other luscious meals. She was already used to not eating lunch only because she wanted to save her money for something better later on. She turned back towards the doors and stepped out of the cafeteria.

Minyoung walked past her homeroom teacher, who was walking through the hallways with a handful of paperwork. "Minyoung, how's your first half of the day?" she asked.
Minyoung shrugged. "It's okay, I guess..." she answered.
"Well I hope the rest of your day gets better," she said before leaving, but then she paused and turned back to Minyoung. "Come to study hall tonight," she said. "I saw your scores, and they're indeed impressive. If you do come, I'll see you there," she said and walked away.

Minyoung sighed and walked into the girls restroom, finding no one inside. *Why do I feel so... Ugh... I don't like what I'm feeling now... It hurts me.* She shook her head as she walked towards the sink and turned the faucet on. She cupped her hands under the running water and splashed it on to her face. She looked up at herself in the mirror. *I wonder what you're thinking about my decision right now... You probably hate me, right?*

The minute hand on the clock moved towards 45. It was almost 9 o'clock, and Minyoung was inside study hall. She lets out a heavy exhale and looked at the clock. She felt as if she should leave the school. Giving up on studying, she closed her textbooks and put them into her bag, walking out of study hall and into the long hallway. "Oh, Minyoung." Minyoung stopped walking and found Kwangsun with a smile on his face, walking towards her. "How was your first day?" he asked. Minyoung shrugged. "I see you're going home. You should probably leave before strangers come out," he said before leaving. Minyoung watched him walk into a room that was labeled, 'Student Council Room.' She saw a familiar face inside the classroom sitting behind a desk, and listened to his crew give him suggestions.

Ilsung looked up, with his cold, piercing eyes, after having a feeling he was being watched. He glanced out into the hallway and found Minyoung walking away. He silently stood up and said, "Dismissed."

Sehun sighed as he glanced at his phone. *10 PM... Where is she?* He stood impatiently outside Minyoung's apartment, leaning against the wall. The elevator opened, and Sehun stood up straightly, hoping to see Minyoung. Minyoung exhaled as she stepped out. Looking up, she found Sehun waiting for her, finally getting to see her after a day, Sehun gave her his sweetest smile. He missed her. The atmosphere suddenly turned into a more comfortable way. Looking into her eyes, he sensed a new feeling of her. She was scared. Sehun walked towards her, grabbing her hand, wanting to comfort her.


Dun, dun.
Do I sense something coming up? c;