chapter twenty six.

Pandora

EUNJI & SEO INGOOK - OUR LOVE LIKE THIS


"Alright, class, make sure to check the board to see who your partners are going to be for your projects. Have a nice day," the teacher said right before the final bell rang.
Sehun and his friends grinned as they walked towards the board. Baekhyun looked at the partners list and frowned. "I wonder if our teachers are fans of Baekyeol," he said.
"Why do you ask?" Chanyeol said.
"Because you and I are always paired with each other. Even in gym!" he said.
Kai scanned the list and grinned. "I'm with that one girl," he said.
"Yeah, 'cause we know who 'that one girl' is," D.O said. He looked at the list and turned to Suho. "I'm your partner!" he said.

Sehun hesitated to look at the list. He didn't know if he was still with Minyoung or not. A part of him wanted to be her partner, but another said to not. Minyoung stepped up to the board and looked for her name. Her eyebrows pinched together and she strode away. Sehun looked at the list, and found his name beside someone else, not Minyoung's. His world crashed into a planet full of disappointment. He quickly searched for Minyoung's name, but didn't find her name. "Where's Minyoung?"

Minyoung rushed towards the staff room and happened to meet one of her teachers. "Oh, Minyoung, the principal sent me to get you. She's inside waiting for you," she said with a smile. Minyoung bowed to her teacher as she left and she made her way towards the principal's desk.
"Minyoung, sit down please," the principal said. Minyoung quietly sat down in the chair in front of the desk. "I suppose you have a question, that's why you came here?"
"Yes, but I was just here because I needed to see my science-"
"I have your answer," the principal said. "Due to what has happened to you yesterday, I can see that you're still healing?" she asked as she looked at Minyoung's wounded knees. "We, the teachers and others, was thinking that we should transfer you to a different school."

Minyoung sighed as she walked home.

"This is for your safety. If you transfer to this school, you won't get hurt like you do here, you will be able to study here as well. The school lets students stay until midnight to work on their studies." The principal gave her a bag of the school uniform. "Take your time to think this over. If you go, you can come back if you want."

Minyoung looked at the new uniform in her hand. *A chance to be away from Jaesun, focus on school without any family disruptions, but this means staying away from Sehun...* She walked into her apartment and say down on her sofa with a sigh. *Seoul Center, or Seoul Eastern?* She looked at the TV that she , but had no interest in it. *Seoul Eastern High is more strict, and there's study hall...* She stood up and walked into her room, changing into the new school uniform. The school colors were navy blue, black and red. Instead of a blazer, it was a sweater, which was black, and the tie was navy and red striped. The plaid skirt was knee-length, no longer or higher. She glanced at herself in the mirror. She pressed her lips into a straight line, uncomfortable with the uniform. But she still questioned whether or not she should go, then the doorbell rang. She rushed to the door and opened it, seeing Sehun with a smile on his face. 

"Minyoung," he said. His smile suddenly disappeared. "Why are you in Seoul Eastern uniform?" Minyoung looked at him, but didn't say anything. "You know that school is our rival right?"
Minyoung hesitated to tell him. "The school wanted me to transfer to Eastern, because of what happened yesterday," she said.
"That's not necessary," he said.
"Well apparently, the school doesn't want me to be in more harm."
"You won't be."
"And how do you know that?"
"Because I'll protect you from Hyerin, Sumin and Yura! I'll even continue protect you from your family!" he exclaimed. Minyoung stared at him, surprised about what he had just said.

Minyoung hugged her knees to her chest as Sehun sat beside her on the sofa. "So are you going to go or not?" he asked.
Minyoung shrugged. "I thought about it... Eastern is a more strict school. I could stay at school until midnight to study, and I'd be away from Jaesun." She glanced at Sehun, "What should I do? A part of me is telling me to go, another is telling me not to... School would be a lot easier on the guards if I was gone."
Sehun sighed. She expected him to talk her out of changing schools, but he spoke to her in a calm voice, "You're an adult now. Choose your future..." he said. Minyoung looked at Sehun as he shrugged. "I always rage about your decision, only because you never think things over. But in this situation, you have. If you think it's best to then, I won't stop you," he said.

Minyoung looked out the raining view of Seoul. She was confused with feelings and thoughts. The only there were pros and cons to her decision. But the only con was something Minyoung would finally fear, leaving Sehun and being unable to see him. Sighing, she rested her chin on her knees.

Sehun exited Minyoung's apartment with a sigh. It was past 9 PM, and as usual, he would leave at that time. After their conversation about her transferring, Sehun quickly changed the subject into something more comfortable talking about. His smiles and laughs were fake. Whatever choice Minyoung would make, if it was her leaving, then Sehun would be utterly disappointed, but he would support whatever she chose. He might not like it, but he just had to go with it. His thoughts suddenly turned to a sharp turn from the memory the night before, when he had kissed her. That was an unsuspected move that he pulled on. *Is she leaving because of that?* He shook his head, trying to get his mind off of the memory. *But then... Seoul Eastern is next to Daehun's school... He can watch over her...* Sighing, he made his way to the elevator.


I'm sensing something coming on. Can you guys sense it? c;
Sorry for a short update. Updating this from my phone. Laptop is currently unusable. /sobs.