chapter twenty four.

Pandora

 JINWOON, SORA, JR, & JISOO - WE ARE THE B


Summer passed by in a blink, and it was finally time to go back to high school. Minyoung sighed as she glanced at herself in the mirror, fixing her blazer collar. Finally, she was entering school as a senior, her very last year until going out into the world on her own, and it was the last year she will compete with Jaesun. But she could not help, but have a strange feeling that she had never felt on the first day of school. Usually when it was time to start school again, Minyoung was always nervous, and she had stress from all the studying during the summer. This time, the feeling was calm, and relaxing. Her heart wasn't racing from getting to see her classmates that might bully her when she comes to their view. Plus, for once, she felt enough courage to stand up to Jaesun. Whatever game he's playing to make Minyoung fail, she'll play back.

But her feeling had a mixture of sadness in it. Sehun only limited his visits to her for once a week, and even when he did come, he didn't talk much to her. He told Minyoung that her younger brother was staying at his house, but that was the only thing that he seemed to have said to her throughout the whole summer. Sehun never realized that Minyoung's books had disappeared from the shelves, and that her desk was clean as ever, and the bottle of pills of hers was gone, and it seemed as if he hasn't felt the atmosphere in Minyoung's apartment had lighten up.

Minyoung sighed as she fixed her new bangs and short hair. Sehun probably hadn't noticed her new look at all either. Glancing at the time, she grabbed her bag and put her books and pencil bag inside, and slung her bag over her shoulders. One more glance in the mirror and she headed out the door and to school.

When she entered the gates of the school, she found a group of freshmen standing shyly in a group away from the elders; sophomores were lounging at the steps of school. She walked into the school and found juniors standing around in the hallways, acting as if they owned the hallways, and the seniors? They were crowding around the bathrooms, and as usual, chanting fight. Of course, it was the Song girls who had started. "You don't mess with a senior, freshie," Hyerin snapped at the helpless newbie. The first bell rang, saving the girl from being punched by Hyerin, and everyone ran to their homeroom.

"Noona!" Minyoung stopped at her homeroom door and turned around, finding Hyunchan with a happy smile on his face. He ran towards her and hugged her tightly. "I missed you!"
Minyoung looked at her classmates in homeroom, found them all eyeing Minyoung and the freshman that happens to be Minyoung's sister. She pressed her lips into a straight line, and pushed Hyunchan away from her. "Don't do that..." she said.
Hyunchan pouted. "But noona, I haven't seen you in so long!"
"This is just for your safety," Minyoung said, and walked into the classroom.
 Hyunchan sighed and walked to his class, shoulders slumped forward. Jaesun looked at Hyunchan, then at Minyoung. Sighing, he continued to walk to his class.

Minyoung sighed as she walked into the classroom. She found her classmates had stopped talking and turned their attention to her. Death glares and whispers were still made, but that suddenly changed when she came their way. They realized the dark aura around her was gone, which made them feel a tad strange. Minyoung glanced around, finding Sehun sitting in his old seat, not the one next to hers. He didn't look up when she came in at all. It was as if he didn't want anyone to know that he knew her. Sighing, she sat down in her usual seat. The bell rang, and class started. "Welcome back," the teacher said as she walked in.

Minyoung sighed as she wandered around the school. It was finally lunchtime, and she wanted to get her mind organized. For a whole day, Sehun hasn't spoken to her. She wondered why he was ignoring her, and thought that it was unusual for him to not ignore her. Sighing, she tried to get her mind off of Sehun. Students that were in the same grade as her watched her, actually liking the new aura around Minyoung, and have the courage to at least wave to her. But even though it has changed, she was still getting the bad treatment in school.

Sehun heaved an exhale as he drummed his fingers against the surface of his desk. "Do you think that our class's atmosphere has... Lighten up a little? It's like a strong weight was lifted off our shoulders," Chanyeol said.
Kai shrugged. "Kinda does. But when Minyoung came in this morning, she seemed different..." he said, and then looked at Sehun. "Dude, what did you do to Minyoung over the summer?" he questioned and let out a laugh. Sehun shook his head and sighed, standing up and left the classroom. Kai blinked as he and his friends watched Sehun leave. "Did I say something wrong?"

Sehun walked down the 3rd year student's hallway. He stopped at classroom 22A, finding that all of the students were gone. He walked inside, and his eyes were on full attention of the very back seat beside the window. His gaze shifted to the seat beside it, and he walked towards the desk. He pulled out the chair out from the desk, and sat down. Sehun sighed as he looked at the empty seat next to him. He suddenly remembered the times he had with Minyoung. He couldn't explain to himself why he wanted to ignore Minyoung for the whole summer, he just felt the need to. *Seeing you walk into the classroom, makes me happy. I missed being by your side. When you walked past me, I had a feeling that you seemed a tad different, but it was a good feeling. Are you happy?* His thoughts were interrupted when he heard the sound of multiple footsteps of students run down the hallway. Without thinking, Sehun stood up from the seat and rushed out.


I want a happy song here. :D So, why not let Minyoung finally show the world who she really wants to be?
Guess what. I just found out that I'm one of the Top 100 authors, and I'm No. 54. /s0bs. Do you guys know how much I love you guys?
IT'S NOT OVER YEEEET.