chapter twenty three.

Pandora

 TAEYEON - CLOSER


At last, it was time for Sehun and Minyoung to get back to the city. Unfortunately, they had to ride the bus home. "Thanks so much for coming, you two," Sehun's aunt said with a smile. "Hope you two had a great time here. Don't come back until you both are together," she said with a giggle this time. Sehun looked at his aunt with wide eyes. He certainly didn't expect his aunt to say that. His aunt giggled and apologized to him. Sehun glanced at Minyoung whose attention was fully on the sand under her feet. The bus finally stopped at the bus stop. "Well, you two better leave before the bus leaves. Have fun on the rest of your summer vacation!" his aunt said.

Sehun took his duffle bag and then Minyoung's, and went on the bus with Minyoung following behind. "Wait for me!" Daehun shouted as he lugged his suitcase towards the bus. He threw his suitcase in the trunk with the others and hopped on the bus. Sehun and Minyoung watched as Daehun walked towards the seat in front of the two and sat down with a big smile on his face. The bus door closed and everyone took their seats, the bus finally started moving. The three teens waved to Sehun's uncle and aunt as they left. When Minyoung and Sehun turned back to face the front, they found Daehun staring at them with a smile on his face. "Don't mind me. Just keep doing what you two usually do," he said.

Sehun sighed. "Daehun-"
"My girl name is Dahee," he whispered to Sehun.
"Dahee. Turn around, and mind your own business before I rip that wig off of you and throw it out the window," Sehun said.
"I have a lot more in my bag. Take it and I'll have another," Daehun said grinning slyly.
Minyoung sighed as she sank back in her seat, pulling her sweatshirt hood over her head. She crossed her arms and closed her eyes, getting back to her sleep.

The bus reached to a screeching stop, making everyone who was asleep wake up. Minyoung's eyes opened, finding the bus stopped a block away from her apartment. Sehun got up when the bus stopped and grabbed his and Minyoung's bags and grabbed Minyoung's hand with his free hand. Daehun quickly fixed his wig and followed Sehun and Minyoung off the bus. "Wait up!" he shouted as he grabbed his suitcase from the trunk. He yanked and pulled on his suitcase, and stumbled back when it came out. He pulled out the handle and ran towards the two with his luggage behind him. "I want to see where Minyoung is staying," he said, grinning.
"Daehun, shouldn't you be getting to Luhan's place and get enrolled to a school?" Sehun questioned.
"Psh, Luhan can wait. I want to see noona's place," he said, grinning. "Plus, I'm just going to end up going to the same school. I'm only in middle school for the second year." He skipped over to Minyoung and grabbed her hand. "Let's go to your place noona!" he said, beaming.

Daehun ran inside Minyoung's apartment and collapsed onto her sofa. Sehun grabbed Minyoung's arm and whispered to her, "Why'd you agree? The... Hershey is going to stay all night!"
"Why do you care?" Minyoung questioned.
"He's going to annoy you all night. I'm already annoying you enough," he said.
"Yeah you are. Too bad I'm used to it already," she said and walked to the kitchen. Sehun huffed and glared at Daehun who was roaming around Minyoung's house.

"Minyoung, why don't you have any family pictures or stuff like that on the walls and cabinets?" Daehun asked.
Sehun and Minyoung stopped what they were doing, and didn't respond to Daehun. Sehun glanced at Minyoung and sighed. "Daehun, go to your place, now."
Daehun looked at Sehun, and pouted. "But..." He stopped when he realized the atmosphere had gotten more tense. He sighed and grabbed his suitcase. "Fine... I'll see you both later," he said and walked out.

Sehun sighed and glanced at Minyoung. "I'm sorry for... Everything he's done. He can get pretty annoying." Minyoung didn't reply. "So... What are you going to do for the rest of the summer?" he asked.
Minyoung sighed and shrugged. "Study, work, grow."
"Okay, besides the growing and working part, are you seriously going to study? In the summer? Minyoung, didn't I-"
"I get to choose what I want to do with my life, and if I choose to continue to study, then I will," she said harshly to him.
Sehun looked at her and frowned, "Alright... I'm not going to stop you then..." he said, and walked out of her apartment without another word. He closed the door behind him as he left, and found Daehun standing out in the hallway, as if he had heard everything. Sehun patted Daehun's back and led him to the elevator, "Go to hyung's..."

Once he got home, Sehun sighed as he unlocked the door to his house. When he opened the door, he found his dog, Ttori, at the door waiting for him. Sehun bent down with a sigh and smiled at his dog as he petted her head. He picked up his little friend and stepped inside his house. Just as he was about to close the door, he suddenly felt a tug on his shirt. Sehun turned around, and found Hyunchan in front of him, red eyes. "Hyung..." he said, his voice cracked.

Hyunchan was sleeping peacefully inside Sehun's room while Sehun was downstairs in the living room. Sehun sighed as he stared at the living room ceiling of his house. He wrapped his blanket over him and closed his eyes, leaving the TV still on, on low volume. 

Hyunchan glanced at the ground as he sat down across the table from Sehun. "I'm going to start high school this year, and my parents are... Treating me like Minyoung." Sehun looked up at the young boy in front of him. "Ever since my last day at middle school ended, my parents started pressuring me with studies. Ever since, I never gotten sleep... I stayed up all night like noona did. I took those blue pills that my doctor gave. I was becoming stressed..." the boy said as he sobbed into his hands. "I couldn't take it so I took all of my stuff and snuck over here." Sehun sighed as he listened to his story. "Can you ask noona if I can stay with her?" he asked.
Sehun looked at Hyunchan. "I'm sorry, but, your sister's even more stressed now... I don't think it'll be a good idea... But you're welcome to stay here," he said. "You can stay in my room."

Hyunchan looked up at Sehun. "Where are you going to stay though?"
"I don't come home often anymore... But, I probably will now."

*First you, now your brother... You're not living in chaos, just hell. Maybe more than just hell.* Sehun sighed as he rolled onto his side. *I guess your life is more worse than I thought...*

Minyoung sighed as she gripped back her fringes, keeping them away from her face. Her grip tighten as she became frustrated of studying. She glanced at the clock and found that it was already past midnight. The bottle of blue pills was right beside her pencil bag. She grabbed the bottle, but didn't open it. Minyoung looked at the pills and sighed. "Because of you..." she said. She got up from her seat and made her way to the bathroom. Opening the bottle and looked at the pills inside, taking one out. Even though she took out a pill, she didn't put it in , instead, she steps up to the toilet and dropped the pill into the toilet. Then, the rest of the pills fell in behind. After throwing the empty bottle into the trash bin, she flushed the toilet, and the pills swam away. She sighed and walked back to her room, sitting at her desk again.

She stared at her book, her hands folded. She suddenly buried her face into her hands, letting out a heavy sigh. "You need to focus on something else besides education and Jaesun. You need to start thinking about your future," Sehun's words echoed in her mind. She grabbed her books and threw it into her desk drawer. Her arms were on her desk, and she buried her face into them. Silence filled the room, until she made a soft sniffling sound. For the first time, she was crying.


Nanana. I was depressed today. I dunno why. LOL.
Taeyeon. ; ^ ;