chapter twenty two.

Pandora

 GAVY NJ - PRETTY
    FEAT. BEACHYMOOD


"Turn around," Daehun demanded.
Minyoung sighed as she turned around in her denim t-shirt, and skirt. "I don't think this is necessary..."
"I think it is," Daehun said as he looked at Minyoung. "You look fine. At least you don't have to wear a bathing suit. Why don't you even like dressing like a girl?"
Minyoung pressed her lips into a straight firm line as she looked at the hardwood floor of Daehun's bedroom. "I'm... Always focused on school. I don't care about my appearance, and people don't seem to like my appearance anyway."
"Apparently, Sehun does. So you have to spiff up a little for him," Daehun said as he put on his neatly combed wig.
"He already has someone, so why does it matter?"

Daehun paused and looked at Minyoung. "He has someone already?"
"Well... Not yet. But, sooner or later, whoever it is will come to him," Minyoung said.
Daehun tied his fake hair into curly pigtails. "Or maybe he's just waiting for that one person to come, when they're right in front of him."

Minyoung sighed as she left his room and went to hers. *I should have declined his request... Ugh...* She felt the need to stay inside, not out under the sun. There was a knock on her door. "Minyounggie~" Sehun said. Minyoung opened the door, revealing a smiling Sehun. "Minyoung, follow me~" he said, grabbing her hand and ran out of the inn with her hand in his.

The two ran out to the beach, finding the sun shining brightly in the sky, families out for the summer fun, children building sand castles, and many more. He dragged Minyoung down to a sand castle near the shoreline. He smiled at her as they both sat down in front of the structure. "Can you help me make this?" he asked.
Minyoung looked at him with a raised brow. "You're not a kid anymore, you know," Minyoung said.
"You're never too old to do anything," he said with a smile.

For the whole afternoon, Sehun wanted to work on his sand castle, but in the end, it got destroyed from the ocean's heavy waves. The two had lunch back at the inn, and as usual, Minyoung was quiet around him. Evening soon followed, and families were leaving the beach. Minyoung sighed as she looked at the sun setting across the horizon, and listened to the waves lightly push itself on to the beach, and then away again. It had been almost a year ever since Minyoung had left her family. She was happy to get away from all the chaos, but she still missed them. She understood that she couldn't be mad at the two beings who had given her life, the one who used to be overprotective of her, and the other who had always been there for her. Sometimes, she wondered how the family was like without her? Is everyone okay, or the own family had broken apart? She was mostly worried about Hyunchan, the youngest sibling,that will soon enter high school. She didn't want her brother to be treated the same as she did, she wanted him to enjoy his high school years without any stress or pressure. But of course, she can't change that. Minyoung sighed when her thoughts were interrupted as the cool ocean water pushed its way between her feet and the sand. Her thoughts had suddenly turned to Sehun. All day, she had spent the day with him, and she admitted that she had fun that day. For once in her life, her stress was gone, her mind was clear from school, and she felt very relaxed. The cool beach breeze brushed against her face as she took a deep breath. 

Two hands covered her eyes, blocking her view of the beach. "Guess who~"
"Sehun..." she said.
"Darn," he said, removing his hands from her eyes. "What are you doing out here?" he asked.
Minyoung shrugged. "Just... Thinking."
Sehun nodded a bit. "Do you want to go eat?" he asked. Minyoung shook her head. "Alright, then, I'll see you inside then," he said.

Minyoung sighed and grabbed Sehun's arm before he could walk away, awkwardly giving him a hug. Sehun's eyes widen from her sudden actions. "I... Thank you..." she said. "For once, I feel relaxed, and school is far away from me."
Sehun blinked, but then chuckled, hugging Minyoung back. "I've tried my best."
Minyoung quickly stood back straightly and acted as if nothing happened. "I'm going in," she said, and walked past him.

Sehun stayed back a second, watching her, but then stepped up and grabbed her arm, standing in front of her and bent down. "I'll take you back. Get on my back," he said smiling. 
"What?" Minyoung asked.
"I'm going to give you a piggyback ride!" he said, grinning.
"No thanks," she said, and tried to walk past Sehun, but he grabbed her legs, making her get on his back.

Sehun stood up effortlessly, his hands securely at her legs, and grinned. "You're heavy," he teased.
"Then let go of me!" Minyoung said.
"Nah. I like where you are now," he said, chuckling as he started to walk as Minyoung argued with him.

The two ended up on the other side of the beach, near a fire that Sehun had built. The two had skipped dinner with Daehun's family and spent the rest of the evening on the beach. Sehun sighed as he looked at the fire. "It seems that you and Daehun gotten closer over night," he said.
Minyoung shrugged. "Daehun is... Interesting. Definitely not like all the girls or guys I've met," she said.
Sehun looked at Minyoung. "How come we couldn't be close like you and Daehun?!" he asked, pouting.
"Because you annoy me," she said.

"But you said—and I quote—'I'm suddenly used to having him following me around,'" he said, grinning. "I heard your conversation last night with Daehun. You can't possibly be annoyed when you're used to my presence." Minyoung sighed and didn't respond. "You know, you're not the only one I care about... Neither is my grandmother," he said. "I worry about Daehun sometimes. I wonder how his love life will go if he keeps cross-dressing," he said with a chuckle.
Minyoung shook her head. "You are so despicable to Daehun. He only cross-dresses because he feels that he doesn't fit in with the world around him."
Sehun glanced at Minyoung. "You're doing the same thing, by ignoring the world, and hiding from it," he stated.
"That's because I don't want to be noticed," she said. "It's like... Why should you even stay in a world where you're not appreciated?"

Sehun sighed and pressed his lips into a thin line. He looked at the dark ocean beyond him, and then the sky that was filled with stars. "Your parents expect you to be perfect; you expect yourself to be perfect. You’re just an emotionless robot if you’re perfect... You think that if you don’t make mistakes; everyone likes you; you’re treated like royalty; everything you do, is, perfect." He looked at Minyoung. "You make mistakes; you're not perfect; you're not what everyone expects you to be; in my eyes, that's perfect enough to this world. Imperfect is perfect." He turned his attention back to the ocean. "You know, there's a million chances for you in life. If you can't get what you want, you can't just keep trying to get that one thing in life. You need to try to reach out for another." He heaved a heavy sigh. "If you don't, you'd just end up staying where you were since the beginning." He finally spoke his last sentence, "You need to focus on something else besides education and Jaesun. You need to start thinking about your future. Senior year is starting for us, and this is the last year for us to prepare. After that, we're on our own." Sehun at last stood up. "Come on. We need to get back before they lock the doors," Sehun said, stuffing his hands into his pockets and walked towards the inn with Minyoung following behind.

Once they had gotten back, Minyoung headed straight to her room, losing her appetite when Daehun asked if she wanted to join his family for dinner, same with Sehun. Minyoung sighed as she sank into bed. She wanted a good night sleep, while her mind was becoming stressed. Minyoung sighed as she stared at the ceiling of her room. She reached over to the nightstand and turned off the lights. When the lights were off, she lay there in the darkness and her eyes closed. *What you said... was true. But I can't do any of that...* Her eyes fluttered open and she sat up in bed. She glanced at the door in her room that led out to the back porch. She could see the beach, and the ocean waves digging against the sand. Her feeling of wanting to sleep faded away, and she continued to look out at the dark scenery. Sehun closed his door and stood there in his bedroom in the darkness. *Yeah, you're not the only one I care about. But I care for you more than anyone else now. That's why I told you all that.* Sighing, he shuffled to the bathroom, getting ready for the night. 


I was going to make this chapter happy, but then, I decided to go with this.
Psh, this story is so far from ending. I'm proud. c: LOL Probably in mid-thirties or around the fourties I'll finish.
There's a hint to one of my upcoming stories in this chapter. O u O
I hit 40 upvotes. ; w ; <3 Hit
upvote if you haven't yet. LOL