chapter two.

Pandora

 LEDAPPLE - LET THE WIND BLOW


The next day at school was the day when the class finally gotten projects. "Since a lot of you prefer working alone a lot, I decided that I will pick your lab partners from now on." The class groaned. "And there's nothing you can do to make me change my mind," the teacher said. "Lists of partners are on the back board. Make sure to look at them before you leave today!" he said as the bell rang and walked out of the room. Everyone rushed up to the board to see who they were partnered with, everyone except Minyoung. She knew that she was staying where she was. She wasn't a big trouble to the teachers, so she was always in the back.

"Move, move, move!" Kai said, pushing everyone away as his friends followed. Kai looked for his name on the list and paused when he reached the end. "Wait, am I not in this class?"
D.O pushed Kai out of the way and grinned when he found his name. He rushed back to Suho and said, "Guess who's my partner? YOU."
Suho's face suddenly fell. "What?"
"DAMMIT. WHY HIM?!" Baekhyun said, frowning.
"The teachers love us together," Chanyeol said with a smug grin. The two turned to Sehun who was staring at the board. "Hey, Sehun, who's your partner?" he asked.

Sehun continued to stare at the list, but pointed at his name. Everyone's eyes followed his finger as he skid it across the paper. 'Oh Sehun & Lee Minyoung,' it read. Everyone let out silent gasps and took a step back away from Sehun. "Bummer, Sehun," D.O said. Sehun shot a glare at his hyung.
Suho patted Sehun's back. "Cheer up kid, she doesn't seem that bad." Suho glanced at Minyoung and then back at Sehun. "Just don't get so close to her," Suho said and went to sit down with D.O.

Sehun sighed. He wasn't scared of Minyoung, and he didn't have anything against her at all. He just didn't feel like being her partner, especially when she'd be doing most of the work in one night, and he himself, wouldn't be doing anything, but yet, he'd still get a good grade. He still felt guilty that he did nothing in their last project together. Sehun nervously looked at Minyoung as he sat beside her who was looking out the window again. As he settled into the chair, he felt its coolness, considering no one has sat there in that chair in years. Minyoung just always sat by herself.

Everyone peered at Sehun as he awkwardly sat down. He cleared his throat and said, "I'm your partner, again." Minyoung just gave a tiny nod as a response. Sehun let out a big exhale and sank back in his seat as the next teacher came in and started class when the bell rang.

The bell rang for the end of the day. "Hey, Sehun, you comin' over later?" Kai asked. Sehun shook his head as he smiled. "Aite, you're loss," Kai joked and jogged in the other direction. 
Sehun let out a chuckle as he shut his locker. Walking past his homeroom class, he found Minyoung standing up and pushed in her chair and grabbing her bag and slung it over her shoulder. She walked out the door and made her way towards the doors. Sehun immediately ran to catch up with her. He didn't know why, but it was as if his legs just automatically started running towards her. "Minyoung!" he called out, but she didn't turn around nor replied. His hand reached out to grab her arm, but then she turned around. She didn't look directly at him in the eye, but she just faced him. "About the project, do you mind if you can come over and we can work on it together?" She didn't reply. "O-or, I could come to your place." Her eyes narrowed still hasn't said a word. *Was she mute or something?*

"I will just do it," she whispered as softly as she could that made her sound like the most innocent person in the world.
Just as she turned around to walk away again, Sehun grabbed her arm. "But I want to at least do something in the project." Minyoung glanced at his hand that was grasping onto her arm. She shook her head and shook his hand off of hers and walked away. "But..." Sehun watched as she walked away. "Psh, girl's making me feel all guilty again." Without another word, Sehun crossed the street and continued his way home from there.

"Minyounggie! Hyunchannie! Dinnertime!" her mother said from the kitchen.
Minyoung walked down the steps while her little brother ran down. She was the last to sit down at the table. Hyunchan looked at the food and found a pot of ramen in front of everyone. "Umma... Are we just going to eat this?" he asked.
His mother sighed and nodded. "I'm sorry kids, but I've been really tired these days from work," she said. She glanced at her eldest child, Jaesun, who glumly looked at the pot of ramen in front of him, then she shifted her glance at Minyoung. "How has school been for both of you?" she asked, which made their father immediately look at them from under his reading glasses, putting down his newspaper.

Jaesun poked his food with his chopsticks and answered, "Fine." Everyone turned to glance at Minyoung. She just stayed silent, but then abruptly stood up from her seat and walked back up to her room without excusing herself. Minyoung let out a sigh as she closed her bedroom door and skid down the door until she reached the ground to bury her face into her knees. She gripped her hair and messed it up furiously.

She hated it whenever anyone would mention her grades or school in the house. If anyone did, her parents would be turning to her and argue about her grades over and over. But heck, her parents never even gave a crap about her grades. She always did everything by herself and learned everything by herself. She taught herself all the algebraic formulas in 9th grade and read the entire geometry textbook in a day in 10th grade. Even though she was always stress out, she continued to try her best in school while her older brother, Jaesun, was always the one getting all the attention from the family. He had always gotten all the help he could get on school. Even his parents would help him with his school work, while Minyoung would always be stuck in her room studying. No one has ever been inside her room for the last two years of high school, besides Hyunchan. She had always wanted to be a bit better at Jaesun at something.

Even when they had an orchestra concert, Minyoung was one of the soloists and Jaesun wasn't. He would receive hugs and cheers from their parents, while Minyoung would just stay on the side and watch them. She had been hiding her real self for so long. All her smiles and laughter that she brought to school every day since she was little were fake. She was never able to smile literally. Whenever she felt like crying, she just smiled to hide it all. Her friends in junior high school started to bring her down, ignored her and insulted her. Back then, she had a gentle heart. She'd cry at everything if she could, but the insulting became so severe that she had gotten used to all the insults and harassment. But then high school started, everything in life became harder. Studies would occur twenty four-seven, and no sleep would happen.

Seoul Center High was a strict school and the students would always have a hard time in life. Every day was filled with homework and projects and staying at school until midnight. But high school was just a place to compete with other students, to see who was the best, and a dangerous one in fact. Many Top Ten students were too focused on the competition that some even committed suicide, it was that serious. Even your own friends would try their best to bring your grades down, get you distracted from school and focused on other things besides school. No one could trust anyone in the school.

Minyoung was always one of them. She hasn't committed anything nor has she thought of it. But stress and screams would always build up inside her and no matter how much stress she was, she would still try her best. All she wanted to be better than her brother.

The two siblings were always like friends before junior high started. Jaesun would be the big brother that everyone wished for. He was overprotective about his family, also smart, caring, and sometimes a little of 'fighting-with-siblings-but-then-I-love-them' inside him. Suddenly their parents butted into their relationship as brother and sister, making the whole family turn into a competition. Hyunchan had just gotten into junior high and he was part of it, but he never cared about it. It was just Minyoung and Jaesun. Their relationship began to fall apart and siblings became enemies.

Jaesun was different from Minyoung. He was outgoing, she was not. He was athletic, she was not. He was social, she was not. He would get good scores when he never studied or tried to, she, would always study, but end up failing. He was popular, and she was just known as the mysterious one. If Minyoung gotten a hundred percent on a project, Jaesun would get hundred-ten percent. The two would never greet each other in the halls if they passed by each other, not even look at each other. No one in the school even knew that the two were siblings because of their actions and personality, but it seemed like one person knew about their relationship.

Minyoung stood up and walked to her desk, opening one of its drawers and pulled out a container. She opened its cap and shook the bottle until the blue pill came out. Grabbing a bottle of water on her desk, she slipped the pill passed her lips and sipped it down with some water. She sighed as she grabbed her backpack and pulled out her books, notebooks, pencil case, and her highlighters.

Sehun sighed as he looked at his assignments that were piled on his desk. He had no idea what the heck he was suppose to do. He glanced out his window, seeing the light in Minyoung's room lid up, and scratched his head, asking himself, "Is she doing the project?" Sehun glanced at the clock and found that it has just been thirty minutes since his assignments were still blank and on his floor desk. He messed up his hair and planted his elbows on his desk, burying his face into his hands. "Aish..." There was a knock on the door and Sehun's head perked up. "Come in," he answered.

His door opened and in came his grandmother with a tray of ramen and a glass of orange juice. She looked at him with a smile, which made Sehun smile as well. His grandmother set the tray on his table. "How's my little Sehun?" she asked, slowly sitting beside him and crossed her legs. "I made you some of your grandfather's famous homemade ramen. The one that you like the most," she said.
Sehun grinned. "Thanks gran," he said, taking the pair of chopsticks.
His grandmother's smile remained and she patted Sehun's back. "Whatcha working on?" she asked, looking at his assignments.
"Math," Sehun said with a heavy sigh.

His grandmother let out a chuckle. "I wish I could help, but numbers aren't my thing as well," she said and sighed. "I'm going to sleep. Don't stay awake for too long, okay?" she said before standing up and leaving his room.
Sehun glanced at the bowl of ramen, his smile turned upside down. Not that he didn't like it, it was just that it reminded him of his past.

His grandfather had made him the same meal on Christmas night when he was eleven. Sehun and his parents were staying at his grandparents' place for the Christmas night. His grandfather and his parents wanted to pick up Sehun's uncle and aunt from their house. But when they had left, a snowstorm was coming. There were not many cars out on the roads at the time when they had left. The roads were icy and slippery as well. Meanwhile, Sehun was back with his grandmother, waiting for them to return, but they never did. When his uncle and aunt arrived alone, there was a call from the hospital. Two years later, Sehun found out that they were dead from a car crash that was caused by the storm. He was angry that no one told him about the accident, especially his grandmother. But he understood why she didn't tell him at first. He was too young and she didn't want him to change because of the accident.

Sehun shook his head, trying to get his mind off of the memory. He sighed and started to eat.


It's a weird update. Psh, don't worry guys. That thing about Jaesun was just 1/10 of Minyoung's life. You guys still have a lot to learn about her. I'm just introducing you guys the characters here.
I love everyone's comments, gives me the courage to write more for you guys. Lol That's why I continued to write instead of continuing graphic designing. c: and already 200 subbers in 3 days? I love you guys. But then... You guys are all Sehun-biased, so... That explains why there's already 200. LOL
THANKSGIVING BREAK. Finally.