chapter sixteen.

Pandora

TAEYEON - CLOSER


Sehun paced back and forth as he waited for Minyoung to get out of the emergency room. *Did she overdose herself? Was she thinking of suicide?* He kept asking himself hundreds of questions, then the doctor walked out of the double doors, taking off his mask, and adjusted his glasses. Sehun rushed to the doctor. "Well?" Sehun asked.
"Just an accidental overdose, but she'll wake up in an hour and everything will be back to normal," the doctor said with a heavy exhale. "This isn't the first time she's done that," he mumbled and walked away as Minyoung was rolled out of the emergency room and to a hospital room. Sehun exhaled in relief and followed Minyoung.

Sehun waited an hour, continuously falling asleep all over again when he told himself not to. He clasped his hands together, resting his elbows on his knees and tapped his foot to stay awake. At last, Minyoung's eyes fluttered open, finding herself in the hospital. Sehun's attention when straight to Minyoung when he heard her move. "Minyoung!" he said, rushing to her side. Minyoung didn't say anything. Sehun sighed. "Do you have any idea how worried I was? Please be careful next time you take your pills," he said in a worried tone. Minyoung looked at him, finding dark circles under his eyes, which made her glance elsewhere. Sehun looked at his watch and sighed. "We should get you back home. School starts in two hours..." he said, standing up, avoiding to meet Minyoung's eyes. Minyoung glanced at him at the corner of her eyes. *Is he mad?*

The two walked to Minyoung's apartment, and for once Sehun didn't say anything to her. He walked at least a yard away from Minyoung, and he never glanced back at her once. Minyoung, actually felt awkward in the wall of silence between them. For the first time, she wished he would talk to her. She wanted to explain everything to Sehun, hoping that he wasn't thinking that she wanted to commit suicide. Yes, she was going through a lot of stress, she just never thought of...

Minyoung bumped into Sehun, who had stopped in his tracks, making Minyoung lose her thoughts. Sehun's stiff shoulders lowered and he looked at the ground. "You weren't planning to commit suicide... Right?" he suddenly asked, glancing at Minyoung over his shoulder. Minyoung looked at him, wondered if either one of them could have read each other's mind. She gave him a small head shake no, but she didn't lie. Around Sehun, she didn't like lying to him. Sehun didn't say anything, but nodded.
Minyoung reached out and grabbed his arm before he could walk away. "Are you... Mad?" she asked.
Sehun looked at her, a tad shocked by a question like that. "Why would you ask me that such question?" he asked. Sehun immediately shut his mouth after realizing that he had just spoken what he was thinking. "I mean.." Sehun glanced in a different direction. He hesitated to answer, "I... No," he whispered. He looked at her and put on his famous smile. "Get up to your place so we can get to school for the exams! Don't want to be late, do you?" he questioned with a wide grin.

Minyoung took a deep breath as she took out her pencil bag from her bag. As usual, she sat in the very back, near the window. The only place where she was always comfortable at in class. But only, this time, she felt empty. She glanced at the desk a foot away from her, and found a girl with dark hair and heavy glasses on, focused on only her friends. Sehun wasn't there. Girls and boys were separated during exams, and this made Minyoung as nervous as ever. It was the same feeling she had gotten during her solo at the Music Festival. She needed Sehun by her side. Minyoung sighed and clasped her clammy hands together. Her heart raced as she glanced at the clock. Only a few more seconds, and she would be taking her finals. The bell rang, and classroom doors slammed shut, answer sheets and booklets were being passed out to the students. Minyoung exhaled as she looked at the thick booklet of questions in front of her. *Let's just get this over with.*

The timer started, and the students leaned forward on their desks, eyebrows furrowed, focused on the exam. Minyoung ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. She had already stopped on the tenth question of the exam, forgetting everything already. *Don't... Give up. If you want to beat Jaesun, then get a high score. You can do it, Lee Minyoung. Nothing's going to stop you.* Minyoung bit her lip and gripped onto her hair in frustration. "Minyoung~!" the familiar male voice shouted, and echoed in the room. She glanced around, not finding anyone, plus, there was no male in the classroom. She shook her head as she looked back at her booklet. "Minyounggie~" the voice said again. Minyoung sighed and looked up, her eyes widen to what she was seeing. There he was, Sehun sitting in front of her with his wide smile on his face, his propped his chin in the palm of his right hand. "Fighting, Younggie! You can do it!" he said. Minyoung blinked, and he was gone. She asked herself is she was hallucinating. Shaking her head, she looked back at her exam. "Yah, Lee Minyoung." Minyoung looked up again, but looked to the desk beside her, seeing the handsome boy next to her. He gave her a sweet smile before disappearing from her vision again. His words echoed in her mind when she was automatically focused on her exam again. "You can do it!"

The bell rang and all the students shuffled out of the classroom, all too exhausted to be happy that the exam was over. Minyoung was the only one who stayed back, still confused from earlier, but confident that she did well on her exams. Sehun rushed into the classroom and sat beside her, letting out a big sigh. "Wow, that was stressful. Good thing it's over, right?" he asked, grinning. "Sigh~ We should go home," he said, but then rested his head on Minyoung's shoulder. "But, that means I have to leave from this comfortable position. I think we should stay for a while." Minyoung glanced at him. "How'd you do on the exam?" Sehun asked as he closed his eyes and nuzzled against Minyoung's arm.
*Very... Well. I don't know why, but I think it's because of "you."* Minyoung let out an exhale and let Sehun lean against her and she looked out the window. "Good," she answered simply.

"I bet I did better than you," Sehun mumbled. "But, that's only in my dreams." He let out a soft laugh as he crossed his arms. Minyoung hid her face from Sehun, and a small smile lit on her fragile face.


Short update. Sorry guys. I just wanted to update for you guys. But right now, I have to leave for a school concert. I'll update this weekend!
Btw, I have 2 different endings for you guys. I want you guys to choose one. I'm just doing this because I'm kinda worried about what you guys would say about the ending later on.