chapter thirteen.

Pandora

THE SEEYA - POISON (FEAT. HAERI)


Sehun sighed as he walked into his empty house. He slumped back onto the couch and looked at the Christmas tree that he had put up. It had almost been two hours since Minyoung had left him at the hospital, and now, he misses her. Of course he does. He was always around her, and was always excited to understand more of Minyoung. He admitted to himself, whenever he was away from Minyoung, he felt lonely inside. It was unlike him to have that empty feeling, considering he's lost so much, and he never gotten the same empty feelings without being with his friends. Earlier when Minyoung gave him the tiny smile, it was as if Sehun had met an angel. Ever since he had met her, it was impossible for him to even step a foot away from Minyoung. Yes, they were just school partners, but to Sehun, he felt more closer to Minyoung than just school partners, almost as... Friends. If only Minyoung had realized that...

Ever since the accident years ago, he felt as if there was nothing that could get him out of that depression. Not even his friends could change his life. Now that he's found an angel, all that disappeared. Minyoung was his angel of his perspective, and he had always thought that it was his parent's who had sent her to meet him, to change him. Now, he feels as if he needed to be by Minyoung's side forever, and he wanted her by his side forever as well. He wanted to be the special person in her life. But, he hasn't really admitted that he liked her. To him, he and Minyoung, are just very close that in other people's eyes, it may seem like the two are dating.

Minyoung sighed as she picked up the trash in her kitchen. She had her hands on her hips as she looked at the mess in front of her. Glumly, she grabbed a mop from her storage closet, and started mopping the kitchen. *Ugh, that Sehun. Such an idiot for keeping this place a mess. It would have been nice if he could at least help me clean up. I have important things to do, like study for that stupid final exam. At this rate, I'll never be able to beat Jaesun...* She sighed and stopped mopping to the thought of the little competition going on in her family. For days, maybe weeks, she had been unfocused on her studies. Without her blue pills, she wasn't able to stay awake for so long as she studied. But that wasn't the only thing that gotten her unfocused. 

For once, after so many years, she felt... As if she was starting anew. The day she met Sehun that year, she had this weird feeling that Sehun wouldn't leave her alone. She didn't know why, but the feeling just came up. Ever since he pulled her out of her parent's house and away from all the stress and chaos, she felt free. Without his help, she would have stayed in that crappy family, more and more stress would build up. He had stopped her from taking the blue pills. Only because he knew that an overdose would lead to fatal death. Minyoung wanted to know why Sehun wanted to be around her. She wanted to know why he wants to know so much about her. She wanted to know why he cared so much about her. 

Minyoung shook her head and sighed, thinking, *Just a few more months, and he will be out of my life. Then, you can continue to worry about your senior year, and after this year ends... The competition continues...* She sighed. She was tired of the competition. She wanted to end it, but she also wanted to win it. But, she was mostly worried about Hyunchan, who could be going through the same problem. But with her living as one, and not making enough money for her own lunch, she couldn't afford to take care of her own little brother. She admits, she missed her little brother, the only one in her family that encouraged her.

At last, winter break ended, but that didn't mean that the winter had ended. Chanyeol shivered as he shuffled into the school. He ran up to his friends and attacked Baekhyun, making him scream like a little girl. "GET OFF OF ME YOU GIANT!" Baekhyun said.
"NO. I'M COLD. WARM ME UP!" Chanyeol said, hugging Baekhyun tightly as he struggled to get out of Chanyeol's grip.
Sehun looked into the classroom, his heart race when he found Minyoung in her seat. He didn't know why. He didn't know how to stop it, but his heart kept beating rapidly. "Sehun, you're all red," Kai said.
Sehun stood back and looked at his friends. "U-uh... Yeah. I-I'm... Cold..." he said, a tad nervously.
His friends looked at where Sehun was looking at. "Sehun is in love~" D.O said, grinning.
Sehun frowned. "Am not!" he said.
"Then get in there and yeah!" Kai said and pushed Sehun into the classroom and towards Minyoung's desk.

Sehun stumbled into the classroom and fell onto the ground by his desk. He looked up at Minyoung, who was looking out the window, but he sensed her eyes on him. "M-Minyoung..." he said. She turned her head to look at Sehun. His eyes slightly rounded and he ran out the room. But the teacher stopped him when the bell rang. He sighed and shuffled to his seat. He didn't know why he was suddenly scared of being near Minyoung. But ever since Christmas, he had weird feelings when he was around Minyoung. He did not feel brave and strong around her, but weak and happy around her. It was something that changed him.

His friends looked back at him. Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol. "Still believe in Hunmin?" he questioned, grinning.
"It's Semin," Chanyeol said.
"Oh, shush up, same pairing."
"And..." Chanyeol looked back at Sehun. "You can obviously see that he's dangerously at the edge of his seat, of course he likes her. So... Hunyoung."
Baekhyun smiled and faced the front of the classroom. "I win~" he sang.
"Oh shut up!" Chanyeol said.

Finally after hours of being lectured in class, the bell rang for lunch. Sehun hesitated on whether he should stay with Minyoung, or go with his friends. But Minyoung stood up and made her way out of the classroom, making Sehun lose his chance. "Should have done something, man. Just letting your lady go off like that?" Kai teased.
Sehun frowned. He had now regretted that he told his friends about his relationship with Minyoung. "C'mon, you have to admit, you have a tiny-big crush on Minyoung~" Baekhyun said.
"I do not!" Sehun declared, his whole face turning to a deep shade of red.
"If you don't, then why is your face all red?" D.O asked.
"I told you, I'm cold! It's winter, and snowing. So... Yeah..." he replied, looking elsewhere. "I'm going... to the cafeteria for... food," he said, and walked out of the classroom as his friends looked at him.

Sehun sighed as he walked through the hallways with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He took deep breaths as he glanced at the ground. His thoughts were interrupted to the sound of lockers banging. He looked up, seeing a crowd around a row of lockers. Having a bad feeling, he instantly ran up to the crowd and pushed his way through. His eyes widen, finding Minyoung on the ground. She rolled to her side, wrapping her arms around her stomach and her body curled up. His heart shattered into a million pieces finding Minyoung in pain.

Chanyeol pushed his way through the crowd with the others. "Oh shoot! A fight?!" he questioned, getting excited about a fight. His excited smile faded when he found out what was really going on.
"Yah! Sehun! You're special girls is on the ground! Get out there and rescue her!" Baekhyun said.

Sehun stood there, not knowing what to do. He wanted to pull Minyoung away, but he didn't have the energy to. He swiftly glanced up and found Jaesun glancing at his younger sister, not doing anything about what was going on. Sumin stepped toward Minyoung and gave her massive kicks. Immediately, Sehun ran towards Minyoung, pulling her away. Everyone froze and looked at Sehun, including Sumin. Sehun pressed his lips into a firm line. "What is wrong with you people?" Sehun questioned, glaring at the crowd. His eyes stopped at Jaesun, whose eyes widen when he found Minyoung in Sehun's arms.

Minyoung twitched as Sehun dabbed a cotton ball against her bleeding elbow. Sehun apologized everything she flinched. The two didn't talk at all as they sat in Minyoung's apartment. Minyoung was in pain, same with Sehun, from just seeing Minyoung in pain. "Why was Sumin start a fight with you?" Sehun asked. Minyoung sighed.

Sumin was one of the girls out of the three that Minyoung was closest to. She was a bit different from Yura and Hyerin. She was Yura's sister, the younger one. Yura was the musical one, and Sumin was the one with the smarts. Yura was the one who was the most popular between the two, Sumin was the one who always wanted attention. She always wanted to reach the Top 10 in exams. And, she was jealous of Minyoung. Minyoung was smart, and gotten the most attention, even though not many people liked her. The only thing she didn't understand was, Minyoung's real life. Even when she was younger, she always expected that Minyoung had the perfect life, the perfect family. Now, she was furious of Minyoung. She was stilling Sehun's attention when Sumin wanted Sehun to pay attention to her.

Minyoung glanced at Sehun. "Sumin... She likes you..."
Sehun looked at Minyoung and gave her a delicate smile. "I know..." His smile faded. "I liked her too," he said. "But that was five years ago. I've moved onto... Someone else."
Minyoung pressed her lips into a line. "She thinks that you like me... Because of that... That's why the fight started..."
"She's not very... Bright... She got in two fights last year just because she thought that I liked these other two girls. I know she was obsessed with me ever since she found out that I had a crush on her," Sehun explained. "But when she started with the obsession, I was over her," he said, as he securely put the bandage on her elbow. He looked at Minyoung with a smile. "Are you sure you're okay?" he asked. Minyoung nodded. Sehun looked at the clock and found that it was already past 9 PM. "Alright, well, you should get some sleep. No pills," he said, letting out a chuckle.

Sehun stood up and had his hands under Minyoung's knees and back, pulling her up effortlessly, and carried her to her bedroom. For once, Minyoung didn't argue with Sehun. When he set her down on her bed and pulled the blankets over her bandaged body, he couldn't help but, feel happy that he was able to stop the fight, to cure Minyoung. When he stood back up straightly, he found Minyoung already fast asleep. He smiled as he looked at her, and then left her loft as fast as he could.

Once he stepped out of her apartment the feeling was gone. He was no longer happy. He glanced at the ground as he walked towards the elevator. When he was with her, he felt happy, and always had a feeling to stay with her 24/7 and to not leave even if she told him to. He paused and looked at Minyoung's door. *Maybe I just want to stay with you, just to keep you safe...* As he stepped inside the elevator and leaned against the cool steel wall, he smiled to himself. "She thinks you like me..." he remembered Minyoung say. *Sumin must be right then... I think I like you too...*


Yay. Finally able to update. Sorry for not updating the past 5 days, I've been too busy with schoolwork that takes me 5 hours to finish per day. Plus after school classes. orz.
Sorry if this is a weird update for you guys. Like I said, I've been too busy to think of anything to write about. But I do have 3 waiting story plots for you, ones that I think aren't very common in AFF so, hopefully, I'll get to work on those and you guys will like it in the future. c: