chapter one.

Pandora

 J-MIN - STAND UP


It was lunchtime at Seoul Center High and all the students were out of the classrooms with their friends eating lunch or just roaming around the school. Minyoung sat in the very back of the classroom, staring out the window and watched the rain fall from the gray sky. All day it seemed as if she hadn't moved from her seat, and her eyes never peeled away from the window. Her book had been in her hand all day, but she never glanced at it once. No one sat next to her, no one wanted to sit next to her. The students always called her "Robot Ice Princess" since she never smiled, talked (to other students), or showed emotion. She was just like a robot one with no heart, no emotions, nothing. Many people were afraid of her because of that. She wasn't a bully or anything, but she scared them. Not once since she first entered high school had anyone spoken to her, except for the teachers. Minyoung was the kind of girl who would not stand up for herself if she was harassed, she would just walk it off.

"What do you think she's staring at?" a boy named Kai asked his friends.
"Probably at her reflection in the window," D.O said and suddenly shivered. "I could feel her cold heart from here. It just dropped 90 degrees in here, dude."
Sehun turned his head, seeing Minyoung facing the window. Kai also shivered, "Why'd you have to mention that? Now I feel it!" he said.

Sehun and his five friends, Kai, D.O, Suho, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol, were known as the the opposite of Minyoung. Actually, everyone was known as the opposite of her. She was the only one in school that was so emotionless, so plain. Sehun always thought of Minyoung as what everyone had thought of her, but he knew her since primary school. But they never talked to each other, but he did know her. He was the one who was always curious of who Minyoung was. She was a cheerful, bubbly girl from primary to junior high school. But since high school started, her smiles were gone, her social life began decreasing, her friends all ignored her and started being the girls who wanted to be more modern than everyone else. She rarely stepped out of her house, except for school or to go to the market. Of course, Sehun would only know that because he lived near her. His house was just right across hers. Each day, he would always be greeted by her parents, but he was always walking home with Minyoung after school, not together, but just on-the-other-side-of-the-road-together.

He had always had a feeling that she was hiding something. Something that no one knew, nor did her family knew. He could just tell by watching her. He felt as if he was on her side a lot. Sehun never insulted Minyoung behind her back like his friends did. He just felt that Minyoung didn't need all of the offense. She was already going through enough. Sehun has once tried to talk to Minyoung, but she never spoke a word to him, and that was when they were paired up as partners in Biology the last year for only a week during a project. In fact, Sehun didn't even work on the project. They both just went home the first day, and Minyoung came back the next day with the project first completed, and up until now she did all projects by herself. She didn't need a partner, there was no need for one when she could finish it in a day when the project should be finished in a week.

His friends would always make fun of him for not talking when they're talking about Minyoung. They always thought that he liked her. But Sehun always kept his mouth shut whenever his friends would insult another classmate. Sometimes, he would smile and laugh with his friends, just trying to follow along. But Sehun was no different from Minyoung. He, too, was a quiet boy. He didn't show emotion a lot, but he always showed emotion with his words. People call Minyoung the "Robot Ice Princess," well Sehun was just another robot, but with a real heart. He always cared for the people who he has been with and those who have always been by his side. Even though his friends , he would consider his friends one of those people.

Sehun's thoughts were interrupted when he heard the sound of Chanyeol's wild laughter as he ran through the classroom, chasing Baekhyun who was trying to get away from him. Baekhyun ran around the class with Chanyeol following him. "Oh c'mon, hyung! It's just banana milk!" Chanyeol said.
"Yeah! But the last time, you put pepper in my milk, and I will definitely not fall for it this time!" Baekhyun said, running towards the back of the classroom.
"But what if it isn't poisoned?"
"Then too bad!" Baekhyun said.
"Aish, just take the dang milk hyung!" Chanyeol said.

Without even caring who was around his target, Chanyeol threw the banana milk at Baekhyun but Baekhyun quickly dodged out of the way. "AHA! MISSED ME. NA NA NA NA-" Baekhyun stopped mocking Chanyeol when he found everyone had stopped talking and all eyes were in the back of the classroom. Baekhyun's eyes rounded in fear and he stumbled back.
Everyone looked at Minyoung who showed her famous emotionless face. The banana milk had hit her and since the milk was opened, it splattered all over her face. Everyone froze, staring at Minyoung as if she was the one who was in charge of time control and froze everyone. The milk dripped off her face features as she wiped it off her face.
Chanyeol and Baekhyun approached her, eyes wide as ever. "W-we're so sorry-" Without letting the boys finish their sentence, Minyoung stood up and walked out of the classroom still with an emotionless face.

"Oooooh~ Dude, you are in trouble~" D.O said in a singing voice.
"And dead," Baekhyun said. The two boys ran out of the room, screaming. Kai and D.O followed them out, leaving Sehun behind still looking at where Minyoung sat.

School finally ended for the day. The incident earlier was never spoken about again. Sehun crossed the street and started walking from there to his house. He plugged his ears with headphones and walked in the beats of each song that would be played. In the corner of his eye, he found someone walking in the same direction as he was, but just on the other side of the street. He glanced over to the side and found that it was Minyoung. Her head was lowered, she was looking at her feet with each step she took. She didn't look up until she reached to a stoplight. Sehun watched Minyoung's every move. He suddenly remembered her earlier in class. When Kai and D.O were insulting her, Sehun found that her eyes weren't even looking out the window, her face just faced it. Her eyes were shifting everywhere, watching the students before her. He saw something in her eyes that made him sigh. Minyoung's eyes were filled with sadness and sorrow, but everyone thought differently. When she accidentally got hit with the milk, he saw her small hands turned into fists under her long sleeves. Her eyes were fired up with anger, but he saw some forgiveness in her.

When the two arrived on the street they lived on, Minyoung's parents had just arrived home and honked at Minyoung. She ignored them and continued to the house. Their car stopped in front of their house and Mr. Lee stepped out first and waved at Sehun. "Good afternoon, Sehun!" he said, greeting him like any neighbor would.
Sehun smiled and waved back. He stopped walking as he watched Minyoung's parents enter the house after her. He shook his head when the front door closed, then his house door opened. "Sehun~ I made you some after school snacks," his grandmother said.
Sehun gave her his sweetest smile. "I'll be inside in a sec, gran'," he said. His grandmother smiled and left the door opened, making their little puppy run outside, towards Sehun.

Sehun grinned, picking up his toy poodle named, Ttori. As the dog barked, Sehun looked back at Minyoung's house. His eyes shifted up to the second story window, where Minyoung's room was. He found her staring out the window, her face was faced towards him, but she was looking elsewhere. When the two met eyes, Minyoung stepped back and closed her curtains. Sehun sighed and walked inside his house with his puppy.


How's the first chapter? orz not my very best work in my world. oAo