Rude

The Man who never Dies

"So Eun, are you okay now?" Jongup asked worriedly as he looked her up and down. "The fall sounded pretty bad. I could hear you even from so far away."

So Eun nodded with a small smile. "I'm fine, honestly. Not even a single bruise." she assured.

Jongup nodded, letting out a small breath in relief. "That's good. I was worried." he muttered. "When I heard those plates clatter on the ground I was absolutely horrified. And then you were nowhere to be seen and only on the floor! I thought something bad happened!"

So Eun grinned and pinched Jongup's cheeks. "Awwieeee our Jongup is such a cute boy~" she cooed.

"So Eun!" Jongup pushed her hands away, embarrassed and pinking.

Youngjae flicked So Eun's forehead and nudged her. "Don't bother Mr Nice, So Eun." he muttered. "Our Jongup's too pure. Even purer than Zelo I think."

Himchan wriggled through between Youngjae and So Eun and looked her up and down. "But honestly my poor baby, are you okay?" he cooed. "Himchannie oppa will bring you to the doctors if we need to."

So Eun shuddered and rolled her eyes. "Himchan, please don't talk like that. Even if I was alright, I might not be anymore if you continue this way." she gagged. "And I'm fine. See?" she spun around and struck a cute pose.

"Eww." Yongguk frowned and So Eun smacked his head. Yongguk winced and rubbed his forehead, muttering under his breath. "Of course she's alright. Look at her strength right now."

So Eun harrumphed and pouted, biting her lips as she thought about what happened in the afternoon.

She thought about how Daehyun had saved her. That act alone was astonishing, especially when he portrayed himself as someone so cold and icy and practically emotionless.

She thought about how he had looked at her and asked if she was alright. That concern in his eyes right then, it could rival any of the BAP boys' genuine concern and it seemed as if he had been even more uptight and nervous about her welfare than any of the boys even.

She thought about how he had shut his expression off all of a sudden and those emotions she initial saw disappeared again.

"I'm alright." So Eun murmured softly. "But Jung Daehyun wasn't."

The BAP boys looked at her curiously. Youngjae studied her expression and knew that she was confused and her mind was working overload, and he nudged them towards the cafe near their houses. They settled in and ordered a cup of ice cream each, Yongguk paying for them all.

Zelo shoved a large spoon of ice cream into his mouth and looked at So Eun. "Noona, are you very familiar with Jung Daehyun? Why would he save you?"

So Eun jutted her bottom lip and wrinkled her nose. "I don't know. Today was the first time he talked to me."

"He was sitting further from where you were then all of us, actually." Jongup tapped his chin. "And even we didn't notice what was going to happen until you actually fell. How did he know?"

"How did he get there in time?" Himchan echoed.

"Because he was watching the entire time." Youngjae concluded, frowning lightly. "But why would he?"

So Eun blinked, looking around the boys in confusion. "Wait, you're saying Jung Daehyun was watching me? Why would he?" she asked, even though she had that thought in her mind.

"Do I look like I Jung Daehyun? Of course I don't know." Yongguk muttered. "Meh I don't think he was even watching her right? Kim So Eun isn't anything good to look at anyway."

"Yah Bang Yongguk!" So Eun pouted, and flicked ice cream at the leader.

So Eun wrinkled her nose and shoved some ice cream in . "Maybe he just looked over at the right time." she shrugged. "What matters is that he saved me, and that proves he isn't as heartless as he seems. And what more, he actually grazed his arm while saving me. I hope he takes good care of the wound."

Yongguk rolled his eyes. "Who cares if he takes care of the wound. It would be even better if he bleeds to death and-"

"Oh shut up." Youngjae shoved a waffle into Yongguk's mouth. "Don't corrupt us with your violence." Youngjae turned to look at So Eun and she shrugged, looking slightly confused.

He scratched his head and pouted. He was confused too.

Jung Daehyun was only in Kyungnam for two days and he had caused so much confusion between the boys and So Eun. He was really something.

 

 

 

"So Eun?" Mrs Kim knocked on her door and opened it, peeking in. "Studying?"

So Eun looked up from her books and smiled. "Yeah. Come in umma." she chuckled, reaching for her bag. "I've got a test I want to show you."

Mrs Kim took the paper from her and laughed. "I'm not even surprised. 100 percent again?" she mused. "So Eun, you don't have to study so hard all the time."

"I honestly don't study very hard, umma." So Eun defended. "I just do my work on time and all. Because you compare me to Yongguk, I seem very hardworking." she grinned. "Your daughter is very smart don't you know?" she pretended to flick her hair.

Mrs Kim shook her head in amusement and sat down on the bed. "I know. Since you were young I've been getting these 100% test scores from you. If only you weren't lacking in History, you would have overtaken Youngjae."

"Oh don't talk about History." So Eun pouted and slumped against her table. It was the only subject she actually struggled to pass.

It was strange really. Kim So Eun could handle anything. Integrals, differentiation, lab analysis, quantum physics, so many different things that would have stumped any other regular student. So Eun was practically a genius in everything else.

However when it came to History...

She remembered the time when she got back her first History test result and she burst into tears on the spot. 8 year old Kim So Eun who had never gotten anything less than a 90 percent, she actually failed her first History test.

And no matter how she tried to study this subject, she never aced it. Yes she passed nowadays because she put a lot of effort in it, however she usually got a 60 or 65 percent. That was the main reason why So Eun was the second in level as compared to Youngjae who got the first even though So Eun scored higher in every other subject.

Darn History.

"Yes let's not talk about History, how about the incident in the cafeteria this afternoon?" Mrs Kim asked worriedly. "I went over to the Moons and Jongup mentioned how you were almost crushed by a stack of plates! I was horrified! Are you sure you're alright now? No need for the doctors?"

So Eun's face fell and she cursed Jongup under her breath. Oh why did he have to be such a caring Mr Nice?

"I'm seriously fine, umma." So Eun assured. "This guy actually took the impact for me. When the plates were falling, he shoved me aside and the plates fell on him instead."

"Really?" Mrs Kim gasped. "How is he?"

"Grazed his arm." So Eun bit her lip guiltily. "But he refused to go to the nurse's office. I left him antiseptic and a band-aid."

Mrs Kim nodded. "Good job. Who is it? It's not one of the BAP boys?" she asked.

So Eun shook her head. "It's this new guy in my class. He's called Jung Daehyun. The moment he came to class, he told us that he didn't like people and he didn't want people to talk to him! He's so weird, umma!" she frowned. "And now he comes saving me like he's a nice guy. I don't get him."

Mrs Kim smiled softly. "You don't have to get everyone, So Eun." she shook her head. "And he may have reasons for his actions. He may not show all his emotions on his face like you do. He might have a lot of pain going on in his life, you don't know. No one knows except for him, so don't judge him so harshly yet, So Eun."

"I know. I'm not shallow like that." So Eun nodded, twisting her lips. "I've yet to put judgement on his character but I know he's not exactly a bad person. I mean, he saved me."

She frowned to herself. "But even when he does something good, why does he have to be so mean about it?" she scratched her head.

Mrs Kim laughed and ruffled her hair. "Don't think about it. I'll bake a few cupcakes and you bring it to him okay? Say thank you for not letting the plates crack your head open."

"Okay." So Eun muttered, biting her lips. Her mother went out of her room and So Eun pouted. "But I doubt he'll accept it. Jung Daehyun."

-----

So Eun threw her head back and laughed as Himchan told them a joke, and she shook her head, wiping away a tear.

"And then I said sorry, I'm not interested. I'm gay." Himchan told them. "And she fainted on the spot!"

"HAHAHAHA!!!!" The boys laughed.

So Eun laughed, panting and shaking her head. She heard the sound of the chair scraping against the floor behind her and she turned immediately, stopping in the middle of the conversation.

Daehyun set his bag on the ground and sat down, blinking when he saw her looking at him. He swallowed discreetly and raised his brows tauntingly, rolling his eyes and looking forward in a bored manner.

So Eun bit her lip and grabbed her bag, searching for the container she knew she brought. She pulled it out and turned to him, Daehyun looking to the front and ignoring her all the way.

"Jung Daehyun." So Eun murmured.

Daehyun blinked once and his fingers fidgeted. His heart gave a little skip and he bit his lip. *I like the way she calls my name.*

"Jung Daehyun." So Eun frowned. "I'm talking to you can you look at me? Please?"

Daehyun turned, angling his head. He didn't give any indication that he was listening but him turning his head was already good enough a response to encourage So Eun to continue talking.

"Here." So Eun pushed the container to him. "My mother made this. They're cupcakes and well, I'm not bragging but my mother makes the best cupcakes."

She looked at him curiously, Daehyun not making a move to take the container. She pouted and placed the container on his table. "It's a...thank you gift for yesterday. Thanks for saving me."

Daehyun didn't give a response.

"I uh...if it wasn't for you, I'd be seriously hurt. So thank you." So Eun shifted in her chair uncomfortably from the lack of response on his part. She looked over to his arm and peered. "Is your wound okay?" she asked in concern, touching his arm lightly.

Her light touch sent tingles down his spine and Daehyun pulled away abruptly, swallowing hard. *Don't touch me like this. I'll want to hug you. And when I hug you, I'll want to kiss you. My greed is uncanny, it's insatiable. Don't tempt me, So Eun.*

So Eun smiled. "Hey! It's gone!"

Daehyun shifted. Of course it was gone. All wounds disappeared as long as they were on Jung Daehyun. Not even a scar left.

Daehyun reached out to take the container and So Eun brightened, thinking he was going to keep it. Until he threw it onto her lap again and faced the front. "I don't want it." he muttered in a low voice.

So Eun frowned. "I swear, it's really good and-"

Daehyun turned to glare at her and So Eun instantly stopped talking. Daehyun rolled his eyes and faced forward again, the teacher entering just at this moment.

So Eun shrank back to her own seat and hugged the container on her lap. *Rude.* she huffed to herself. *Immensely rude.*