White day dates

The Man who never Dies

This year's white day coincidentally fell on a Saturday, which meant there wasn't a need to go to school to meet all the shrieking fangirls looking at them with expectant gazes.

The BAP boys had discussed the arrangement for White day beforehand and it was a custom for them for the past few years.

They had agreed that if they were still single, they would bring So Eun out. If So Eun had a boyfriend, heck him. They could bring their best friend out if they wanted to.

Usually, the day went on with all of the boys going out with So Eun like a large gathering instead of a date. However this year's plans were a little different from the rest.

Youngjae had suggested that they all take turns bringing So Eun somewhere. Each of them could take up perhaps one to two hours of her time as they brought her around town.

That way, she would seem to enjoy six dates.

It was a pretty good idea, except now Yongguk had to think of a gift for So Eun and where to bring her instead of just pooling his money with the rest. AISH.

Youngjae was grinning secretly when everyone accepted his idea, ignoring the glare from a certain someone. He knew someone wouldn't be too happy about the arrangement, but really, he couldn't care that much.

Youngjae just LOVED pissing Daehyun off. Heh.

So when White day came, So Eun woke up and was surprised to find Yongguk waiting for her outside the door. Daehyun hadn't even woken up that morning yet.

"Yongguk?" So Eun blinked at him and looked at his attire. He was wearing a decent button down shirt and pants, which was nothing like his usual tees. "What's the occasion?"

"White day." Yongguk grumbled. "The boys are changing plans this year. We're going to take you out on dates one by one." He made a face to let her know what he thought of the idea.

He eyed her pajamas. "Although I do love you like my daughter...I wouldn't want to be seen with you if you're wearing something like that."

"AISH you never know what to say." So Eun rolled her eyes. "I'll be quick, wait for me!"

She darted off to her room and changed into a black sleeveless blouse and maroon high waist plaited skirt. She added a silver necklace and a black ribbon hair band to match.

She smiled at herself in the mirror and grabbed a bag, darting out of the door. She faltered slightly when she passed by Daehyun's door and wondered if she should say goodbye.

She decided against it as she ran down to meet Yongguk. "What took you so long." He grumbled, and So Eun knew she looked pretty good. Yongguk only grumbled when he was stumped and didn't know what to say.

"Where are we good then?" So Eun looked at him.

"Breakfast." Yongguk grunted.

The two of them went to a breakfast eatery and Yongguk bought them breakfast sets, constituting of scrambled eggs, lovely pepper sausages and a hash brown.

"AYEEEE not fair don't you think?" Yongguk asked. "You give us a chocolate each and you get a meal like this from me in return."

"You're forgetting how you're the guy and I'm the girl." So Eun whacked his head. Yongguk grumbled under his breath again and she laughed, knowing that he was just joking.

They continued their meal while Yongguk continued complaining about absolutely everything in sight, even about how ugly the waitress's uniforms were and how the sun was too bright. Like seriously, the sun was too bright? As if he had any control over that.

So Eun had finished eating ages ago and she watched Yongguk continue eating and eating and grumbling and grumbling and simply put, enjoying himself.

She rolled her eyes and laughed inwardly. Yongguk was as such.

They finished their two hour breakfast and So Eun already lost count of how many scrambled eggs Yongguk had since the beginning.

Yongguk grinned at her finally and patted her on the head when he walked her to the arcade. "Go in, someone else is waiting for their date with you."

So Eun nodded and hopped inside, wondering who it would be.

-----

Zelo was so immersed in playing a racing game that he didn't even notice when So Eun walked right to him and stood right beside him.

She watched in amusement as Zelo invested all his attention on the game and furrowed his brows, muttering under his breath.

"Come on, faster. Faster!" He murmured.

He had the tendency to grumble when he didn't drift as to his expectation or if he didn't make the turn correctly. "Darn the controls. Why are they so difficult to press?"

So Eun shook her head. *Zelo's taking after Yongguk. This is a bad sign.*

Zelo finally finished first and he pumped his fists in the air in excitement. "Yes!"

He grinned brightly and immediately reached into his pocket to bring out another coin for a second game when he stopped. "! Noona!"

He bounced up from his seat and nearly knocked into So Eun who was standing right next to him. She raised a brow and shook her head. "Did I just hear you cursing, Zelo??"

Zelo's eyes widened and his hands flew to his mouth. "I didn't! When did you get here? Why didn't you say anything?" Questions flew out of his mouth.

"Yes you did. Just two minutes ago. I tried but you ignored me." So Eun grinned. She bumped his shoulders and went to sit at the machine next to Zelo's. "Aren't you supposed to be my white day date? Lets play."

Zelo grinned. "You owe me ten chocopies if I win this one."

-----

More than an hour later and more than fifty chocopies in debt, So Eun was finally escorted out of the arcade by Zelo to a nearby eatery that the BAP boys and So Eun always went to when they were young.

Zelo grinned at So Eun. "So that's it for my segment of your white day date. How did you think of it?"

"Meh, I might have considered you as a boyfriend material if you didn't make me owe you a debt of fifty chocopies." So Eun muttered.

"Fifty three." Zelo corrected.

So Eun threw her hands up in frustration and Zelo laughed. "Go on in, your next date is waiting for you. He's gonna nag if you're late."

Nag? So Eun had no idea who her next date was.

Kim Him Chan.

Indeed, he was waiting there at one of their usual tables and he jumped up, waving at So Eun enthusiastically when he saw her arrive. "MY BABY!!"

Everyone around them turned to look at So Eun as she entered and she burned red with embarrassment. "Such a cute couple." One Ahjumma sitting near their table commented.

Himchan slung his arm around So Eun's shoulders and gave a smirk. "She's not my girlfriend, Ahjumma. She's my daughter. I'm her mother!" He announced shamelessly.

So Eun collapsed into her chair and tried to hide her face behind the menu. "Can't I skip you to the next person?" She groaned.

"Nuhuh, your stop with me is lunch. Lunch is very important." Himchan called out to the store lady and ordered a few of their regular dishes: a plate of ddubokki to share and kimchi pancakes.

"But it didn't seem too long ago since I was eating breakfast with Yongguk..." So Eun scratched her head.

"Exactly. It didn't seem long but it is." Himchan concluded. "You, being my daughter of all people, should know the importance of eating on time. Don't you know that if you don't eat your meals regularly you'll-"

And So Eun tuned out. As the food was served to their table, she stuffed them into and tried to close her ears. *At least the food is great.* she nodded as she chewed.

"Yah Kim So Eun, are you even listening to me?" Himchan frowned and clicked his tongue.

So Eun looked at him and nodded nonchalantly, pushing an entire kimchi pancake into his mouth. "You must be hungry. Eat."

-----

So Eun waited for her fourth date by the water fountain and tapped her feet impatiently. Darn, she knew who her date was now.

Since Daehyun was most slightly not going to agree to something like this, her options for her next date was either Jongup or Youngjae.

Since Jongup wasn't going to turn up late, like ever, her next date was definitely DEFINITELY Youngjae.

"Where is that guy?" She muttered under her breath. "Darn that guy. So what if he's first in school, that doesn't mean he can turn up late when he's meeting the second in school."

"Aha, so you figured who it was." Youngjae popped out from nowhere and So Eun nearly fainted from school. She hit his arm hard and eyed him. "What the hell was that?"

"Just fun." Youngjae sang. "Trying to see if my date has the mental capacity of my expectations and I was trying to decide whether or not to show up."

So Eun punched the same spot on his arm. "Of course I would know it would be you. Would Jongup ever be late?"

Youngjae tapped his chin. "You're right. I think I'll have to take a rain check on this date-"

"Yah." So Eun raised her hand to hit his arm again and Youngjae eyed it carefully. "Just kidding."

The two best friends strolled around the park and Youngjae rented a two person bicycle for them. So Eun hopped on after him and grasped her own handles.

She tried stepping on the pedals and Youngjae quickly stopped her with his feet planted firmly on the ground. He turned around and narrowed his eyes at her. "Yah."

So Eun grinned and tried making them go forward again but Youngjae stopped them again. "Yah, aren't we going to cycle around in this thing?" So Eun frowned.

"Yes. But at least after I put on my helmet and safety gear. Damn it, I'm riding a bicycle with you, I have to at least take precautions." Youngjae tried to fit his gigantic head into the helmet given.

So Eun rolled her eyes and waited for him to get ready. He took a long time adjusting everything before finally announcing that he was ready. So Eun stepped hard on the pedal and the two of them were off within a flash.

"Woman! Slow down!" Youngjae steered the direction carefully and his thin legs pedaled slowly. So Eun ignored him and continued pedaling as if her life depended on it, zooming past the scenery.

She finally ran out of energy when she got to the end of a long road and she stopped, her legs aching. "Wow, that was great." She fanned herself.

Youngjae got off the bicycle after her and made a face. "At least you weren't the one trying to steer the bicycle while it was going at 100km per hour." He sighed and looked around. "Let's sit there to rest."

The two of them plopped on a bench and Youngjae produced bottles of orange juice magically, heaven's gift to the thirst. They sipped on their drink for a bit, trying to catch their breath.

"So, how was your white day today?" Youngjae asked, interested. "Up till me, which one has been your favorite date?"

"Hmm..." So Eun tapped her chin. "Yongguk ate too much, like a pig. Zelo concentrated on his game, ignoring me too much. Himchan...that guy nagged incessantly. And you," she turned to look at him. "Too much of a scaredy cat and not enough of an adventurer."

Youngjae rolled his eyes at her but inwardly smiled. He knew even if she pointed out all their weaknesses, she still loved them as much as they loved her. He plucked a grass from the ground and started twirling it around his fingers.

"Are you looking forward to the following dates?" He asked carefully, watching her expression.

So Eun smiled. "Of course. Jongup is a nice guy, we've cleared up our relationship so I think it's going to be fun." She chirped.

Youngjae waited for her other answer and waited, and waited. So Eun blinked at him questioningly. "What?"

"Is that's all of your answer?" Youngjae bit his lip. So Eun nodded and blinked at him. "Yeah, it's not like I'm going to have more dates coming up aren't I?"

Youngjae shrugged uncommitted and looked away, grinning. This whole date thing was his idea, surprisingly, since he hadn't cared about white day before.

That last guy on the list for the date had better turn up like he had been asked to, Youngjae thought.

*Or I'll shred him into pieces.* he grinned.