Anyone you like?

The Man who never Dies

Even after the failed test date between So Eun and Jongup, Himchan still continued to nag about them getting together.

"You know what? I was so excited to see my daughter finally start dating!" He had repeated countless of times. "I thought maybe So Eun would finally be saved from spinsterhood!!"

And he often suffered a whack on his head because of that.

But he would continue on like nothing happened. "And you know what?" He would ask, as if expecting an answer. "When you two were out on a date, I was already surfing the net for your wedding dress! See what a nice umma I am?"

So Eun rolled her eyes and buried her face in her hands. "Himchan...."

"You need to see a mental doctor." Yongguk informed. "Seriously."

"What?" Himchan looked at So Eun. "At least I know that Jongup is a nice enough guy for her! There isn't anything to worry about if she dates Jongup!"

Jongup pinked. He scratched his head. If only he hadn't mistaken his feelings for So Eun, all this confusion wouldn't have happened.

Youngjae grinned slyly as he glanced at Daehyun at the side who was just listening to their conversation without saying a word. Youngjae just had that nagging feeling that Daehyun liked So Eun, despite what he might say.

If only some day Youngjae met Mrs Kim and started discussing this matter....

"Nice isn't the only thing that contributes to a relationship Himchan hyung." Youngjae commented. "There's also the matter of chemistry and spark." He grinned.

He walked over to Daehyun and patted him on the shoulder. "Let's say for example, So Eun and Daehyun feel the sparks when they're together, it doesn't matter if Jongup is a nice guy and Daehyun is a rude one, because Daehyun is the one So Eun will choose."

Daehyun froze and glared at Youngjae. Darn this person.

So Eun's eyes widened as she glanced at Daehyun, who had looked over at the same instant. He quickly looked away, his expression unreadable.

So Eun bit her lip and looked at Youngjae in confusion.

Even though what Youngjae said was right, the part about spark and chemistry as compared to niceness, why did Youngjae drag Daehyun into this?

Zelo looked confused as well as he looked between So Eun and Daehyun. "Huh? Are you saying Noona and Daehyun hyung experience sparks when they're together?"

Daehyun choked on his saliva and he patted his chest hard. So Eun didn't know why her cheek reddened at that prospect of Daehyun feeling something for her, and she cleared as well.

"Mwo?" Himchan shrieked. "Since when? How did I not know all this when I'm supposed to be the only person you're supposed to spill your heart to, my daughter???"

"Oh shut up with the daughter thing." Yongguk muttered, annoyed.

Daehyun glared at Youngjae for bringing the topic up. Darn, this guy was too observant and clever for his own good. "There's nothing between So Eun and I. Youngjae's bullting."

Youngjae shrugged with an innocent expression. "You never know what will happen in the future~" he sang.

Zelo blew on his bangs. "Meh, it was a joke?"





So Eun had to stay back for tutoring lessons after school. After that fateful history test challenge with Daehyun and intense tutorial lessons with Youngjae, she managed to get 87 marks.

However, that was just for that single chapter that was being tested.

The rest of the history topics were still foreign as Greek to her. Youngjae, who was supposed to be her tutor, had to stay back along with her.

In the meantime, the Daehyun-Yongguk tutor tutee pair had to stay back as well because Yongguk needed whatever help he could get.

The four of them stayed back in one of the empty classrooms to catch up on the topics they had to know for the exams.

"Argh this is !" Yongguk grabbed his hair in frustration. "So what, in 1500 Kim Kibum crown prince died of food poisoning-"

"1587." Daehyun corrected.

"It's around there." Yongguk rolled his eyes. "And his fiancé Princess Sooyeon married Prince Jaejoong instead. Prince Jaejoong went crazy in 1562-"

"That's the year he was born." Daehyun piped up. "He went crazy a year after his brother Kim Kibum died."

"The Byuns took over after that." Yongguk ignored Daehyun. "And the next big thing is Crown Prince Byun Baekhyun marrying his bodyguard Han Eunyeon-"

"Han Eunbyul." Daehyun corrected again.

Yongguk glared at Daehyun. "Damn this." He sighed and slammed his textbook down. "History is hard."

"You're not trying hard enough." Youngjae rolled his eyes. He went over to Yongguk and purposely pushed Daehyun over to So Eun.

"Hyung, you coach So Eun and I take Yongguk hyung." He kept a straight face.

Daehyun gaped as he suddenly got pushed into the seat beside So Eun. He blinked at her and she beamed at him.

"Don't worry. I studied this topic quite a lot of times at home. You can test me about it." So Eun assured.

Daehyun nodded and asked a few random questions and So Eun got them all correct. But well, they were just plain hard facts which didn't mean she could write an essay about it well enough, but at least the facts were in her brain when she needed examples.

So Eun was reading through a passage while Daehyun sat there staring at her. Should he say something about it? But it would seem strange if he suddenly expressed interest in that matter. But he needed to. AISH.

Daehyun finally decided to open his mouth the moment So Eun looked up at him. She blinked at him and touched her own face. "Is there something on my cheeks?"

"No." Daehyun cleared his throat. "Uhm I think..." He took a deep breath. "I think you should get together with Jongup. He's a nice guy."

So Eun blinked at him, surprised. To think that Daehyun offered his opinion out of his own will!

However, she felt a little upset with this particular opinion he offered. Why did he want her to be with Jongup? The prospect of that made her a little sad.

Was he bothered about being teased with her by Youngjae just now?

"It's just what I think." Daehyun quickly said. "You should get together with him. You two look...g-good together." He murmured the last part quickly, looking down.

So Eun bit her lip. "But Youngjae's right. I don't feel anything for Jongup and he doesn't either. We just treat each other like friends and that's all we're going to be. Why the sudden interest?" She leaned nearer, raising a brow.

Daehyun backed away, not meeting her gaze. "Nothing. Just a thought."

"Hm." So Eun harrumphed. She eyed him and twisted her lips as she thought about what Youngjae had said.

"Daehyun, do you have anyone you like?" She suddenly asked. "Someone that makes your heart beat quickly and someone that makes your pulse race, that sends butterflies fluttering in your tummy?"

Daehyun's gaze snapped towards her. *You, darn it.*

He lowered his gaze. "No comment."

So Eun pouted and shook his arm. "Aww! Tell me if you do! Come on!" She whined and hit his arm. "You're so mean!"

Daehyun ignored her and pretended to be interested in an educational poster on the wall while So Eun tried to get his attention back.

Youngjae watched them and shook his head.

*Babo So Eun, that girl he likes is you.*