Beginning of Forever

Marry Me

Song Used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ess2qlVHl6E&feature=player_embedded#at=25

“So, what is going to happen now that Super Junior is breaking up?” The host asked and we all looked at each other, searching the familiar faces for an answer to the painful question.

As I realized that none of the others were going to speak, I took the initiative.

“Super Junior isn’t breaking up. We may not be making music anymore, but we are brothers, friends for life and nothing will ever change that. Super Junior and ELF will be a family forever.” I explained and the others mumbled words of agreement behind me.

“Spoken like a true leader. Now, unless anyone else has anything they would like to add, this concludes today’s interview.” The host explained and right before the cameras shut off Kangin surprised everybody by standing up.

“If it’s alright, I would like to say something.” He spoke and the host nodded, encouraging him to continue.

“My years in Super Junior have taught me so much. These boys really are my brothers, and nothing will ever change that. There is one, however, that means much more than that to me.” He began and my eyes widened in horror as I realized what he was about to do.

Kangin and I had been together since he had come back from the military. However, we didn’t dare reveal our relationship to the world. Idols being gay often ruined their careers, and we had thirteen other lives on our hands if we revealed our relationship. Now that it was ending, maybe it wasn’t that bad of an idea to reveal it now.

“Leeteuk is a wonderful leader, an amazing friend and the most loving boyfriend.” He announced and I heard the gasps of not only the audience, but also the host and the other members at the shock of what he was announcing sunk in.

“You mean Kangteuk is real?” The host asked in shock.

“Yes.” Kangin answered.

“Leeteuk, is this true?” She asked again, still not sure whether or not to believe it.

I looked from the host to Kangin, unsure of what to say or do.

“Just say yes.” Kangin told me, as though reading my mind. Before I could answer, however, music began to play and the lights of the stage went down.

I looked around, unsure of what was happening. The host and the other members had walked off the stage, leaving me sitting alone and Kangin standing looking at me with a serious gaze.

I opened my mouth to ask what was going on, but before I could do so he began to sing.

Forever can never be long enough for me

To feel like I’ve had long enough with you

Forget the world now, we won’t let them see

But there’s one thing left to do

My jaw dropped as I realized what song he was singing. It was an English one, but it was so popular that everyone knew what it meant.

Now that the weight has lifted

Love has surely shifted my way

He walked over towards me and knelt down on one knee, taking my hand in his free one, the other one clutching his microphone.

Marry me

Today and everyday

Marry me

If I ever get the nerve to say hello in this café

I saw tears starting to form in his eyes. He was hardly ever over emotional, and I knew that showing me this much love on stage was difficult for him.

Say you will

Say you will

 

The tears started to form in my eyes as his fell. My emotions in tune with his, as they always had been.

 

Together can never be close enough for me

To feel like I am close enough to you

You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you

And you're beautiful

He stood only to sit on the stool next to mine, putting an arm around my shoulders and pulling me into him. His eyes never left mine.

Now that the wait is over

And love has finally shown him my way

A small smile spread across my face as he changed the only pronoun in the song.

 

Marry me

Today and everyday

Marry me

If I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe

Say you will

Say you will


His voice cracked over the last line as the emotion became too much.


Promise me

You'll always be

Happy by my side

I promise to

Sing to you

When all the music dies

I took over for him, supporting him like I always have. I wanted him to know that we were in this together; for life.

And marry me

Today and everyday

Marry me

He joined me again, regaining control for long enough to finish the song.

If I ever get the nerve to say hello in this café

Say you will

Say you will

Marry me

I let him finish the song on his own and wiped his tears away as he gathered up enough of his voice to speak. Before he asked what I knew he was going to, he bent down on one knee and pulled out a box and opened it to show a ring. It was simple, just a gold band with our names engraved on it. It was perfect.

“Leeteuk, will you marry me?” He asked and I beamed at him as the audience began to chant.

“YES, YES, YES, YES, YES.”

I didn’t need their encouragement.

“Yes.” I said quietly, so that only he could hear it.

He stood and wrapped his arms around my waist, picking me up into the biggest bear hug ever. I buried my face in his chest, tears flowing freely as love overwhelmed me. There wasn’t a place in the world I would rather be than in his arms.

Soon I heard the other members coming back out on stage, all fifteen of us together on stage for the last time, as they shouted out their congratulations. I felt warmth behind me that I knew was one of them hugging me from behind. Pretty soon they were all hugging us; a true family hug, with Kangin and I at the center of the circle.

“Well ELF, I guess you don’t have to worry about Super Junior breaking up, as they will always be together!” The host said while coming back on stage and we broke our hug only to form a line, holding hands like we did after every show.

“Hana, deul, set!” I started, just as we had done for years.

“SUPER JUNIOR-YE-YO!” We all chanted in unison as we took our final bow.

I looked at the man standing next to me and squeezed his hand. Super Junior may be ending, but it was my new beginning with Kangin; the beginning of our forever.

Please excuse the author as she goes and VOMITS!!!! Too much romantic cheesyness....

KANGTEUK FOREVER!!!!!!!! Comments are loved <3