SIX

Irresistibly Wicked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I feel this huge anxiety when I mount up the stairs, holding a cup of coffee between my quivering hands. I’m waiting for Mr. Prince Charming to pass by, and by this, I hope he’ll accept my peace offering.

I can’t afford that someone is hating my sister for something that she hasn’t done. In addition, I most definitely did an offense and I have to apologize.

Well my dad once told me to keep a good relationship with other people might they be nice or not.

After a few minutes, I hear distinct steps above me. And there he is, Mr. Not-So-Charming, stomping down the stairs with his expressionless look. I suddenly feel the push to fly away because his frightening glow, rays throughout his skin despite his charming face.

The moment he spots me, he halts bluntly before hiding his obscure shock. But I can tell that he’s very unhappy to see me. He proceeds apathetically, completely ignoring my presence, and passes by like ice.

“I’M SORRY!” I shout in reflex, my arms extended forward to offer my peace offering.

He turns sluggishly, gazing between me and the coffee. He scoffs coldly and I clear my throat in fear of his scary glare.

“Please forgive me for boiling –“ I slap my mouth. Boiling?! That’s pretty much the lamest and most ridiculous thing I could ever say to earn his acceptance!

“I-I m-mean, f-for spilling y-your –“

He doesnt let me finish talking and leaves in disgust. Oh No!

I rush after him only to be frozen to see Jongin walking beside him through the hallway. I whimper in frustration.

This is totally... not... gonna be easy.

 

 

*

 

 

Before the bell rings for lunchbreak, our teacher announces something about a project which is to be done in pairs, and it is agreed that our seatmates are going to be our partners. As everyone disperses, Luhan gives me a wearied-look while fixing his stuff inside his backpack. I smile at him which causes him to snap and look away with his cheeks draining in a pink hue again.

Cute-disease attack.. I chuckle to myself.

He presses his lips and stands up.

“Aren’t we gonna talk about the project?” I ask him.

His eyes glints in a way that I can’t explain and he plops back down with a confused look.

“You sure?” he asks me.

“Yeah! This would be fun, I think.” well just so you know it’s gonna be my first time doing a school project!

“Uhh... Hey..” He gulps in a shy undertone. “You… being… so nice to me... well I sort of, you know… think... that... well, I... I just don’t know how I could adjust... I mean.. distance myself... if ever... you—”

I lean my head in confusion of what he’s trying to tell me.

“—I-I just don’t know... how to set my boundaries… with you.” He stutters and his face turns pinker and pinker.

“Why do we have boundaries?” I furrow.

“Huh?” He chokes and I scratch my head as I try to analyze what he meant. I’m also thinking, more like realizing, that Luhan isn’t really loose with me as well as my other classmates. It’s only Tiffany that treats me in a way which isn’t, how do we put it, which isn’t... reluctant.

I certainly have this fondness for Luhan and I want him to be my friend, like my friend—Jaemi’s friend. But I don’t even know how to be a friend in the first place. I don’t know how I should act or whatever.

Right. Whatever.

“Whatever..” I beam, and it causes him to smile, and I like that sweet smile.

I should loosen up myself, too.

 

 

*

 

 

When Luhan leaves first, Tiffany trails him a look before settling her eyes on me and taking over his seat.

“So what’s with the sudden friendship?” She inquires.

I chuckle. “Just talking about the project,”

“You did?? Wow. That’s something new.”

“W-Why?”

“Why!? You always ditch him on projects, I mean, I’m sure, your secret admirer will just do your project for you..”

“Secret admirer??” I bellow in befuddlement.

“Yeaaah? The one who always does your assignments, reports, projects.. missy!”

“I have something like that??”

“You have something like that?!” she repeats melodically like it’s just a description.

 

 

*

 

 

I walk with Tiffany towards the lockers section while she whines about Gym Class. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ll be good on that subject either.

“I really don’t like our PE uniform, it’s soooo plain! and Mrs. Kim wouldn’t allow us to wear accessories!” She rants.

I just bite my lower lip and nod in agreement even though I’m so oblivious of when she’s talking about.

“I wonder what dance she’s gonna teach us tomorrow..” She blabbers as she organizes her stuff inside her locker.

I've been hugging my heavy books over my chest that my arms are getting whacked of keeping them ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter