THIRTEEN

Irresistibly Wicked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


My Saturday begins with a ride to Luhan’s house. I plop at the backseat, minding my own business of randomness and disbelieving that I had really survived that tough week. It was such a disaster, wasn’t it? But then, I can’t say to myself that I regret it either.

Now, since everything is going back to normal, all I have to do is to seize the remaining day before my family comes back.

Speaking of their home-coming, I’m thinking about celebrating it by buying a cake.

I’ll definitely buy a cake, but maybe later.

I wonder how the wedding went? I wonder how my mom looked in her wedding dress? I wonder the look on dad’s face while watching his former wife marrying another man? And most especially, I wonder how Jaera kept up with the whole act of being me in front of our parents.

I heard from our maids that dad had actually called a couple of times but I wasn’t able to be at home during those times. Although I miss him, I think it was also better in way, since I’m still under the wicked operation of my sister’s switching-antics.

Exhaling lightly, I grasp the direction-sketch that Luhan gave me. I recognize the Ramyun Shop indicated on it, which is our cue to turn to a narrow way, heading to Luhan’s house.

I drop off and utter a respectful goodbye to Mr. Driver, which shocks him a bit, but he returns a warm smile after. I begin to trudge to the third house that has the X-mark on the direction-sketch.

As I stop by the gate, excitement creeps up from the pits of my chest. I feel like I’m really a highschool girl feeling the high school life! Haha! Does that even make sense? Well I have always wondered about this kind of things before since Jaera often leaves off the weekends because of school projects and now I’ll finally be able to know what it’s like.

I smooth down the red coat that I’m wearing, checking first if I look presentable. I simply wore a white-printed shirt and tight jeans. I brush the strands of my loose hair with my fingers and squeeze its ends.

“Okay..” I whisper to myself, pressing the doorbell.

The gate creaks open, and a lady quite older than I am, with a petite and small figure, doe-eyes, and rosy cheeks, stands in front of me. I suppose she’s Luhan’s older sister because she extremely resembles him without a doubt. Her gaze sparkles as she scans me from head to foot. I notice that she’s holding a pair of icky gloves on her left hand, which she then hides on her back quickly.

“You must be Ms. Project-Buddy?” She asks cheerfully.

“Uhh.. Annyeong Haseyo..” I bow. “Yes,”

“Oh! Annyeong Haseyo! Come in!” She escorts me in excitedly. I stagger awkwardly as I make my first step inside.

Walking along, I marvel over the potted flowers and wallgarden in their yard. Their house is simple and small, but it emanates a warm hearth.

The first thing that catches my attention as I enter their house is the huge portrait of a boy pinned on the wall beside me. The boy is merrily laughing with a stufftoy supported over his head. He looks so carefree and over-all adorable. I chuckle because I know it’s Luhan.

“5 years old,” The lady informs me as she notices my amazement. I automatically turn, and she smiles warmly with a bearing look. “What’s your name?”

“Oh I’m sorry unnie, my name’s Jaera by the way, Park Jaera.”

She laughs so vociferously after what I said, as if I told a funny joke. Her cheeks flushes to a very pink shade (just like Luhan’s), and she palms them while shaking her head bashfully. “Ahahaha! No wonder!” She cracks gleefully. It got me confused though.

It takes some time before she gets over her laughing spree, and then shocks me when she says, in her high-pitched girly voice, “Aigoo. I like you..” with an accompanied hand-down.

She coughs and gets herself together.

“You see, Luhan is still asleep.. He really had a hard time sleeping last night..” She tells me, “Now I know why.”

“Eh?”

She beams once again and takes my wrist, dragging me up the short staircase until we halt by a room. She eyes me and gestures a knocking-move across the door. I nod stupidly and knock on the door lightly by myself. She pats my shoulder before hurriedly scooting away.

The door didn’t open on my first attempt and so I knock harder the second time. I wait patiently, until finally, it sways open, and the sleepy figure of Luhan catches me by surprise. He stands there so wobbly and groggily with a disheveled bed hair and droopy eyes. He is still in his colorful, spongebob pajamas, and the sight makes me clasp my lips in awe. He rubs his eyes while so cutely under his morning voice, eyebrows knitting and small lips pouting in protest.

GOSH. THIS.IS.THE.CUTEST.THING. EVERRRR!!!

“Hi?” I say.

And that’s then that Luhan’s eyes finally shoot open. And they’re not just open, they’re widely open. He freezes as his face drains into a pink color in an instant. I lift my hand for a greeting but a slam of the door welcomes my face.

I swear it stunned me to my feet. I hear small giggles underneath, and it’s cute unnie giggling and giving me a knowing shrug.

I must have surprised Luhan that’s why he reacted like that. But even so, the sight of him a while ago was super duper worth it! I wanna squeeze him! He’s such a baby! In his pajamas! He’s so cuuute!

“He’s still getting ready,” Unnie informs me, “Wanna help me make some kimchi instead?” She invites, lifting another pair of gloves.

I smile and nod.

 

 

*

 

 

While waiting for Luhan to come out, unnie and I head to the back portion of their house, and I immediately see three buckets of unfinished kimchi.

Wow. I have never tried making kimchi before. The spices smell stronger, and I’m sure that these kimchis taste super duper hot. Unnie sits down on a small stool and gestures for me to do the same. I take off my coat and put on the gloves she handed me. Unnie demonstrates first and I quickly learn the procedure. I take my first Chinese cabbage and carefully the scarlet mixture in its every leaf. It gets heavier but I’m having fun.

“You are very pretty..” She suddenly mutters. I didn’t even notice that she’s been staring at me. I stop awkwardly. I'm shocked. It’s the first time that someone has ever told me that compliment.

“I’m sure you hear that all the time..” She continues. I bow my head shyly because actually.. I don’t.

“Unnie is prettier..” I say with a small smile, and she cracks up once again.

I’ve gotten comfortable with unnie all the more as we continue wrapping on the kimchis. She also has a warm effect in her that eases me just like how I am with Luhan.

I didn’t even notice that Luhan is already standing before us, newly-bathed and dressed in a plain sweatshirt and jeans. He watches us in disbelief.

“MOM!” He bellows.

My eyes widen, “Mom?”  I turn to look at unnie dramatically and she childishly grins from ear to ear.

“Jaera-ssi, you don’t really have to help with this, I–“

Then Luhan rumbles to his mom in Chinese furiously, and there’s worry in his tone. Yes. They are arguing in Chinese and I wish I can understand a thing.

“Aigoo, you know what, why don’t you help us here so that we get to finish fast, sleepyhead?” His mom smirks and pulls her gloves. Luhan blinks and looks at me, and I smile, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter