[check-in] case 03 reflections + chapter later today!

in the name of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Hi everyone!

Know that most of you are probably still in shock by what happened in the last chapter. No worries, I'll be releasing chapter 32 tonight so you'll get a little bit more clarity on where the story is going from here. I wanted to take this notice to do my reflections on Case 03 and also introduce you to the characters of Case 04. 

 

Reflections

I personally didn't think Case 03 was going to turn out this well. I think initially I didn't really know where to go with Wendy and Yuta - I'd actually spent more time planning out Jungwoo, Seulgi and Johnny's backstories more than the other three. You probably saw me struggle a little at the initial stages, but eventually I went with my gut and based it off the kind of people I felt Wendy and Yuta are in this story.

As many of you have mentioned, Wendy and Yuta are both the strongest, most straight-forward people in the story. For Wendy, she used to be a little bit more free-spirited and daring, as seen by how she fought bullies or pretty much tried to throttle Chanyeol (lol). But she's also been through a lot - losing her mother, singlehandedly bringing up her brother, and not being that lucky in love (and life). Initially she wasn't as successful as the others in finding a job. You could see how all this toned her down over time, though her loud personality never fully leaves her. Despite her strong front, Wendy has her moments of loneliness and insecurity, but instead of relying on a knight-in-shining-armor, she picks herself up and tries again. She understands her friends and her brother, and does what she can for them. At the end of the day, she tells herself it's going to be okay, and she lets both Yuta and (while it's just thoughts in her head) Mark that it's also all going to be okay. And to me her honesty, her strength of character are all truly admirable. All in all, Wendy is truly amazing, as a person and a character, and her story isn't finished either. Wendy will continue to play a very important role, especially if you consider how Taeil has an unspoken interest in her.

Yuta, to me, has always been the most uncomplicated guy in the story. He's immensely wise and decisive. Even in his moments of difficulty, he makes his decisions by himself, and learns how to forgive and forget, and look at the bigger picture. He's gone through life with many crutches - no parents, left in a foreign land, bullied at school, in a non-traditional career. Despite that, he continues to keep his head held high, and even when his past comes back to bite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter