Stranger to Friends - Luna & L.Joe (Part 1)

Collecting the Sunshine

A long haired brunette girl sat on a couch outside of her company CEO's office with a blonde haired male around her age sitting next to her.  There was a strong evidence of nervousness in the air as the girl started shifting side to side in her seat while mumbling under her breathe.  The male on the other hand was playing on his phone without an ounce of worry.  She stared intently at the wall clock behind the reception, time seems to have stopped or even gong back in time since every time she looks at it a second does not seem to have passed.  The minute finally hit the 7 mark and as if on cue the door next to them opened and two males appears gesturing them to enter the office.

The pair walked in and stood infront of the door with the young male gently closing the door behind him.  The older man sat down in their respective chairs with their arms crossed and a stern look on their faces.  The female idol's CEO made the first comment

"Park Sunyoung and Lee Byunghun, Andy and I called you in today to discuss the sudden hike in the search engine after Sunyoung's collabration comment on Weekly Idol last week.  Is there something we should know about your relationship?"

Sunyoung and Byunghun exchanged looks before shaking their heads.  The two men smiled and nodded before they continued to speak.

“Even if the both of you are just friends and there is no photos to prove otherwise, comments like the one Sunyoung made on Weekly Idol still sparks fan's interest.  Normally the ratio of fangirls bashing the female idols outweights fans supporting the idol.  Suprisingly this time around, the both of you seem to be increasing the limelight of your groups, search engine ratings for both groups have increased.”

“Andy and I have decided utilize this and promote both groups by pretending to be a couple.  The two of you will leave subtle hints about each other during interviews and present slight skin ship when you are on music shows together.  Act close and friendly when you see each other, I want for the fangirls and boys to be curious about whether there was a reason behind Luna’s comment on Weekly Idol.  This will improve the popularity of both groups as well as take the attention away from the other real couples in our company.  Is that understood children?”

The adults continued to talk without waiting for a response so they did not have time to retort against the plan.  It was obvious that is was a retorical question, also the whole situation is extremely strange for the both of them to not be speechless.

“Neither of you are not allow to date each other or anyone else during these times.  We don’t want the fans to know it is an act.  We want to make this as smooth as possible so we need the both of you to get to know each other.  When you go on your “dates” please remember to be cautious.”

The idols nodded their heads again before the CEOs ended the meeting.  Sunyoung and Byunghun walked out the office completely confused about their next step as a "couple".  They decided to take their relationship slow by getting to know each other first.  They left the SM building with your basic disguise and walked towards Sunyoung's favorite cafe.  Sunyoung led Byunghun to her favourite table in the cafe, it was a secluded table for 2 by the window at the back of the cafe.  They looked at the menu is complete silence, the only sound the filled the awkward air was the metal corners hitting each other as they flipped the pages.  The silence was finally broken but only for a few seconds when the waiter came over to take their orders.

Sunyoung stared out the window in a complete daze as she waited for her order.  She wanted to say alot of things to Byunghun but she did not know where and how to start the conversation.  She took a deep breathe to gather the last amount of courage and spoke softly as she looked directly into his brown eyes.

“I’m sorry that you go dragged into this LJoe.  The director has the weirdest ideas sometimes but this one honestly takes the cake.  Normally I would try my best to get us out of it but for some odd reason I do not think it will possible. I hope you wouldn't mind it too much.”

“Don't be sorry Luna, it was not anyone's fault especially not yours.  This was clearly a plan both of our directors wanted to do for a while.  I honestly did not think they would be crazy enough to actually try it out.  All we can do now is follow their plan and hope nothing goes extreme wrong.  No matter what happens we are trying increase awareness of our group.” Byunghun spoke as he gave her a smile in hopes to comfort and reassure her.  

Luna continues the conversation with her signiture smile plastered on her face "It is really wonderful that you are so understanding of this situation.  Let's start this all over again"  Lune bows her head at a 45 degree angle towards him "Nice to meet you, I am f(x)'s vitamin Luna, my real name is Park Sunyoung.  Please feel free to call me Sunyoung.  I hope we get along L.Joe"

Byunghun felt a warm and familiar sensation enter his body as she smiled at him.  He couldn't help but smil back at her before replying her. “Nice to meet you Sunyoung, I’m Teen Top’s Mischevious Rapper LJoe at your service.  Lee Byunghun is the name my parents call me, you can call me Byunghun if you are comfortable with that.”  Byunghun extends his hand towards her as he finished talking, without much thought Sunyoung responded with the same action.

The two of them sat in the café for a few hours talking about a variety of thing.  They covered alot of life experience from how they got into this business and their basic profile to more intimate topics people usually do not venture into the first time they talked.  They would have continued their chat if it wasn’t for Jinri calling Sunyoung's cellphone asking about where she is since their manager wants their group to hit the practice rooms.  Sunyoung tells the visual her location for their manager to pick her up.  She ends the phone call with a deep sign and expresses her reluctence to leave towards Byunghyun.  She was about to get up to pay for her half of the bill when Byunghun grabs her waist pulling her back.

"Sunyoung, It's my treat.  Don't worry about it”

Sunyoung's eyes widen and frantically tries to reject the offer.  “LJoe I can’t let you do that.  That is very impolite of me to have an acquaintance pay for my share.”

Byunghyun chuckles at her reaction, he gives her a bright smile and retorts “We are supposed to act like a couple anyways.  Boyfriends are supposed to pay for their girlfriend right?”

Sunyoung looks at him in dazed and tries hard to find a defence against this but Byunghun has already walked toward the counter.  The bill was already paid for by the time Sunyoung wanted to intercept the transaction.  A helpless and defeated look appeared on her face, the pouty lips and puppy eyes made Byunghun's heart skip a beat, this has never happened to him before.  Byunghun slightly shook his head hoping that this strange feeling would go away.

Luna replies in a defeated voice “Fine, you win LJoe. But this is not the end okay? I will find a way to repay you for this.  I still feel bad about it.”

He was silent for a while before he continued the conversation in a playful voice. “  How about you call me Byunghun then.  I think you calling me Byunghun is alot more intimate then L.Joe.  If you call me Byunghyun we can call it even”

After a few seconds the pout on Sunyoung's face disappeared and the bright smile was plastered on her face.  "Alright alright, but you know you are still winning Byunghun.  It is not really fair but I will settle for now".  The argument was settled with the two of them laughing at their childishness.  Sunyoung's phone vibrated again, it was a message from Jinri saying they are outside.  This marked the end of their first "date", they gave each other a quick hug before Sunyoung waved good bye and dashed out the door.

Byunghun wanted to exchange phone numbers with her but the events today made things harder.  The entertainment industry is pretty small so it won't be that hard to get her number but he debated against it, so he plans to ask her himself the next time they meet.


A/N:

This ended up WAY longer then I thought.  I have come to the conclusion that one shots are not my thing.... I think 2 shots are better.

Part 1 is the background information between the Idols and Part 2 is the REAL Story

150421 - I reread the story and decided to edit it.  The details won't be changed on the most part but I will be adding a new part to this story.