I Will Always Be My Your Side - Luna & Luhan

Collecting the Sunshine

The time line for this one shot happened before EXO's debut

It was rare for a busy megacity like Seoul to be silent especially when the sun just passed its duties to the moon.  Even if we say that, there is still that possibility and it is evident that tonight will be the exception.  The moonlit sky started to be covered by thick storm cloud.  Rain started to seep through the clouds, silencing everything in its path.  Every living being within the city has found shelter whether it might be hiding in a nearby cafe, bus shelter or arriving safely at home.

The streets are empty and so are most parks.  In a park located on the edge of the Han River, there was a petite brunette sitting alone on a rock completely drenched.  The depressing weather seems to be comforting her and guiding her away from the pain she will have to endure for a while.  Luna looked up at the sky letting the rain mix with her tears as it streams down her face.

Meanwhile in another part of Seoul, a blonde hair male walks out of the streaming bathroom running his fingers through his wet hair.  The wisp of fresh air caught his attention leading him to walk towards the dorm's balcony.  He slowly extends his hand to let the cool rain contact his skin, raindrops reminded him of a person he held dear to his heart, she is his sunshine, his source of life yet she was someone he can never acquire no matter how hard he tried.  Just as he was about to let his thoughts take him away he receives a phone call that causes him to bolt out the door.

The female looks at her watch and deciding it was probably time to go home.  Unfortunately the rain caused the rock she was sitting on to be rather slippery.  The soles of her sneakers did not have good traction, she was about to fall into the river when a pair of strong hand arriving out of no where roughly pulled her towards the ground.  The female fell in the embrace of her savior and the strong pair of arms wrapped tightly around her petite waist.  She heard a sigh of relief escaping her savior's lips before he started talking in a rather worried tone.

"Luna, what the heck do you think you are doing? What the hell happened? What in the world is going on in your brain. Do you know how worried everyone is? More importantly do you have any idea how worried I was?"

His grip around her tightened as each question spilled out of his lips, it was like he was afraid that he would lost her forever if he found out the answers.  At that moment she didn't need to turn around to know who has the power to suddenly give her such warmth when she thought the meaning of life and hope just abandoned her.  Too many things are happening within this short day so only 3 simple words was able to escape her lips.

"Lu Han I'm sorry"

Maybe the sky decided to pass on its duties to Lu Han so he can accompany her for the rest of the night but the rain started to lighten up.  The two of them settled down at a stone ledge a little farther away from the Han River.  Lu Han took out a pack of tissue, offering the girl to use it.  Lu Han finally decided to re-ask those questions that has been bugging him since Amber's phone call informing him that Luna has disappeared for the night.

"Luna tell me what's wrong? what would possible be so bad for you to drench yourself in the rain like this."

She started with the words "We broke up" before breaking down into tears again.  Frustration and anger started to creep up on Lu Han, he is getting annoying with her now ex-boyfriend.  He has caused her so much frustration and pain, as Luna's best friend he can't take it anymore.  Before the emotions could even settle, Lu Han's tightly fisted hand was slowly preyed open letting Luna's small hand slip in.  Lu han looks down to see the pair of brown eyes that was filled with sadness and tears a few seconds ago is now filled with worries and concern.

"Don't get mad, this time we had to.  It's not his fault, your manager oppa found out and told the higher ups.  They said it was better for your group's debut.  It was going to happen eventually, it will just take time to get use to."

He wanted to protest against the idea but he knew that It is the truth.  It is ideal to start with a clean slate when making a debut and a secret romantic relationships is like a time bomb waiting to blow up.  These type of scandals are always cause more negative publicity then positive for any idol group, it also takes a while for the fan base to go back to its former glory.  As a group waiting to make their debut, they could not afford these kind of scandals, a few couples has to break up for EXO's debut but it was for the best.  Before Lu han could comfort Luna, a rather loud sneeze escape the female's mouth.  Without much thought, Lu Han dragged Luna to the dorm for a quick shower before heading home. 

After the shower, Luna sat down on the couch waiting for Lu han to finish his.  Her eyes started to wonder around the room, and they landed on a picture next to her.  She found a sad smile crept up on her face, gently brushing her fingertip along the picture.  The memories of the picture overwhelmed her.  She found herself crying once more, this time the tears didn't seem like it wanted to stop.  This was the start of her many tear filled nights as she cried herself to sleep.

This was the second shower of the day yet it didn't seem to bother him much, at least not today.  He called her name as he walked back into the living room, the lack of response caused his worries to slowly surface once again.  His pace quickened towards to the living room, a sign escaped his lips when he found Luna peacefully sleeping.  He had thought the female might have left the dorm to go home while he was showering.  He went to his room to get a blanket gently wrapping it around her body before laying her across the couch.  His hand flinched when it bumped into a cold metal edge.  His hand started to look around on the couch without trying to wake up the female.  He finally found a picture of Luna, Lu Han, and Suho smiling happily, both males putting their arms around the female.  The three of them are smiling brightly at the camera each making a peace sign. 

Their first meeting was rather typical, she was introduced as Suho's girlfriend while he was introduced as EXO's chinese member.  Even if there was no language barrier, Luna always encouraged him to speak Mandarin to her.  The language has always intrigued her: the pronunciation the smooth soft sounds but the most important thing was it was something new.  Her friendship with the rest of EXO like family, she would always take good care of them when she goes to visit Suho in the practice room or the EXO dorm.

As one might have noticed by now, this was not the first time Suho and Luna put an end to their relationship.  By then Luna has already claimed all of EXO as her friend but among the 11 there was one that she has claimed as her best friend.  It was also this first break up the allowed Lu Han to realize his feelings for his leader's girlfriend isn't that simple.  Her sudden disappearance in his dorm and practice room caused his mind to often wonder where she would be doing.  It only took 2 days before his foot took him to f(x) practice room during their training break.  The scene outside the practice room caused him to freeze, it seems that Suho wouldn't keep himself away from Luna either.  Their conversation could not be heard, it might be from how far Lu Han was from them but the higher possibility was because he chose to zone out their voices.  Suho was hugging Luna tightly by the waist, whispering something to her ear.  Whatever was said was no important, all it mattered to Lu Han was that Luna was smiling happily with a teary eye hugging her boyfriend back.

There was a pain in his heart, he clutched his chest trying to hide his new found feelings.  At that point he also knew he was at no position to fight for her, the girl he loves is his leader's girlfriend.  No matter how you explain it, it is not right to take a friend's girlfriend especially if the friend is going to be someone you call family for a long time.  He swallowed his pain and slowly walked back to the practice room swearing to forever hide these feelings.  He will not let it affect his life or her but most importantly he does not want to put her in a difficult position.  He treasures her dearly: she is his sunshine, his inspiration, his reason to keep going.

Thinking back to their memories together, Lu Han's hand found its way to Luna's sleeping face, softly moving a strand of hair away from her face.  The tears stains on her cheek left Lu Han in sadness.  He dearly treasures his best friend and always wishes for her happiness even if it he wasn't the one offering it to her.  He looks up at the clear night sky and swore to himself to always be with her even if it means being just her friend for the rest of her life.  If it meant he could stay by her side it was all that mattered.

 


I hope you like this writing style, It takes me alot longer to write one chapter but it seems more artistic then how I use to write.  If you guys like it I will probably rewrite the Luna & LJoe chapter and continue writing like this.  Tell me what you think

Sorry this took so long, I had a writer's block during the backstory/flashback.

The personality of Luhan is inspired by my friend's way of roleplaying Lu Han.

I think I will have more material to write with since f(x) made their comeback. Oh my gosh I love Goodbye Summer, I hope my girls will get #1 this week.