Last Day On Earth: The last goodbye

My Girlfriend is a Ghost

Seo Eun and Jonghyun chatted easily and enjoyed each other's company. Time flew and soon it was already 8pm.

"Jonghyun Oppa." Seo Eun called.

"Hmmm?" Jonghyun answered sweetly.

"Can we go to the hospital? I want to meet my parents for the last time." Seo Eun said, trying to keep her tears in.

"No problem my love." Jonghyun smiled.

They walked hand in hand (almost. Just placing their hands near cause they can't touch each other.) and strolled lovingly to the hospital.

Jonghyun opened the door and saw the two haggard looking people watching over Seo Eun's body.

"Oh Jonghyun sshi, you're here." Mr Park greeted wearily.

Seo Eun flinched at how tired-looking her parents were. They were even more tired and depressed than how they looked yesterday, if it was even possible. They looked as though all the essence of their soul had been away from them.

*Its all because of me..* Seo Eun thought sadly.

*Its the right choice to go. They are suffering because of me. Because I'm still here. I should have gone long ago..

If I did, my parents and Jonghyun won't have to suffer like this.*

"Mr and Mrs Park." Jonghyun greeted respectfully.

"You're here to see Ji Eun for the last time?" Mrs Park asked, eyes shining with gratitude. "It's really kind of you. Its just too bad you weren't together with Ji Eun when she hadn't gotten into the accident."

Jonghyun gulped. "Yeah too bad."

*If only I had met her earlier, then I would have been personally connected to her. So my missing and longing for her would still keep her by my side..*

"You're a good man Jonghyun ah." Mr Park smiled.

"I can see that you love my daughter a lot, but since things have come to such a point, it is only fair for you to let her go." Mr Park persuaded.

"I can't.." Jonghyun breathed, looking at Seo Eun straight in her eyes.

"Jonghyun ah.." Seo Eun cried.

"But I know I have to let her go no matter what. She'll be leaving my side.

I may act brave. But I'm not brave at all. I can't bear it. I don't know how long after her departure am I going to need to recover. And even then I don't think I can ever recover to the Kim Jonghyun I ever was.

But I don't regret anything.

Your daughter was the most amazing woman I have met in my life.

If fate doesn't allow us to be together in this life, I will fight for her in the next life. If I fail, I will fight for her in next life that comes. No matter how long it takes, I will fight for her till fate allows us to be together.

But for this life, even if she decides to leave first, she'll forever be the most important person in my heart." Jonghyun said, his voice trembling from the gush of emotions.

Seo Eun broke into loud sobs, her being trembling.

"Jonghyun I'm sorry." she cried..

Jonghyun shook his head slightly and smiled mildly.

Mr and Mrs Park broke into tears as well from his touching speech.

"Jonghyun ah, you really are the best man I've ever seen." Mr Park praised. "Do you want to stay till 12? The doctor is going to turn her oxygen device off. It'll be the last time you'll ever see her."

"I'll be here all night." Jonghyun promised.

"Jonghyun Oppa." Seo Eun called.

Jonghyun turned his head slightly to acknowledge her, not too obvious cause her parents were still there.

"Can you do me a favour?" Seo Eun asked. "Can you buy some drinks for my parents? They look worn out."

Jonghyun smiled at her thoughtfulness and nodded.

"Mr and Mrs park, I'll be getting some drinks. Pardon me for a while." Jonghyun greeted.

Jonghyun left the room hastily, as he wanted to be back to Seo Eun's side as soon as possible to enjoy her last moments.

Seo Eun gazed at his retreating back, tears never ceasing to fall.

*I'm sorry I used such an excuse to lure you away Jonghyun Oppa.

But I don't want to part with you and see your crying face. I don't want to let you see how I disappear from the surface of this earth.

Perhaps if I just disappear like this, you will hate me for leaving so abruptly and forget me soon.

Jonghyun Oppa, you really are the best boyfriend a girl could ever get.

Even if you've only been my official boyfriend for a day, you are still the best guy ever.

I love you Kim Jonghyun.*

"Goodbye." Seo Eun breathed and she flew out of the room as fast as she could.