Cooking for Hyun Su (part 2)

Babysitting with the Stars

When Sunggyu and Woohyun went into the living room, they saw Hyun Su planted on the couch, pouting, with his arms folded, while a female staff member tried to cheer him up. As soon as she saw them, she shuffled away, leaving Sunggyu and Woohyun to deal with the grumpy boy.

Sunggyu sat down beside Hyun Su, and gestured for Woohyun to do the same, but as Woohyun walked towards the couch, Hyun Su glared at him angrily.

“Go away.” He pointed at Woohyun.

“But Hyun Su….” Woohyun tried to get closer. “Woohyun appa wants to sit with Hyun Su too~”

“No!” Hyun Su grabbed onto Sunggyu’s arm, protectively. Woohyun stood there awkwardly until Sunggyu suddenly grabbed his wrist and pulled him onto the couch beside him.

“Hyung?” Woohyun blinked. “What’re you doing?”

“Hyun Su, you can’t be like this.” Sunggyu explained but Hyun Su’s bottom lip quivered and he looked as if he was about to cry. “Listen to me.” Sunggyu continued. “Woohyun is your appa too. He—.”

“No he isn’t!” Hyun Su yelled. “I hate him!” Woohyun quietly looked down somewhat sadly.

“Why?” Sunggyu asked. “Why do you hate him?” Hyun Su grabbed onto the end of Sunggyu’s leather jacket, not saying anything. “Is it because I was nice to Woohyun appa before?” Hyun Su nodded in response. “No?” Sunggyu blinked. “Then why?”

“…Y-You like him more.”

“...What?” Sunggyu chuckled. “Where’d you get that idea from?”

Hyun Su looked up and frowned. “You always talk about him!”

“When’d I do that?”

“You said he was pretty!”

Woohyun glanced at Sunggyu. “Hyung…you said I was—?”

“Th-That’s not what I said!” Sunggyu blushed. “I-I was just trying to get Hyun Su to like you, so I—.”

“You were trying to get Hyun Su to like me?” Woohyun smiled. “Hyung—.”

“Sh-Shut up! It wasn’t like that…I-I mean I just felt kind of bad because you were always getting rejected and you always make that annoying face…”

“Annoying face?” Woohyun frowned. “I have an annoying face?”

“Yeah...” Sunggyu sighed, and then muttered mostly to himself. “Its better when you smile for real…”

But Woohyun had still heard him, and he didn’t know why but Sunggyu’s words gave him this odd tugging feeling in his chest.

“A-Anyways…Hyun Su, just because I like someone else doesn’t mean I don’t still like you too.”

“But you like him more!” Hyun Su cried.

“N-No I don’t…” Sunggyu felt flustered, and quickly looked to Woohyun for assistance.

“You like me hyung?” Woohyun gazed at Sunggyu mystified.

“Not you too!” Sunggyu groaned. “It’s like I’m taking care of two children!”

“R-Right sorry…” Woohyun came back to reality. “Um Hyun Su…Gyu hyung doesn’t—.”

“Don’t call him that!” Hyun Su shouted. “Gyu appa is mine!”

Now Woohyun was starting to get frustrated as well. “No he’s not Hyun Su. Gyu hyung doesn’t belong to anyone ok?”

Hyun Su pouted. “You just want him for yourself!”

“Wow this kid…” Woohyun snorted. “Someone’s been hitting the dramas pretty hard huh?”

“Your hair looks dumb.” Hyun Su commented.

“That’s it!” Woohyun attempted to grab Hyun Su, but luckily Sunggyu was sitting between them and stopped Woohyun, grabbing his wrists.

“Hyung, he was being mean to me!” Woohyun whined.

“Woohyun….” Sunggyu sighed. “He’s six.”

“Yeah…I guess you’re right…” Woohyun gave in, just as his stomach started to grumble. He clutched it immediately, remembering that he hadn’t eaten anything since waking up that morning.

“Do you ever actually eat?” Sunggyu grinned.

“I-I was just busy so I didn’t get a chance to…” Woohyun mumbled.

Sunggyu patted him on the thigh and stood up. “How about we eat now? Didn’t you say you were going to cook something for Hyun Su?”

“Oh yeah!” Woohyun got up as well, full of determination as he turned to Hyun Su. “How about we make up and I’ll cook you some yummy food ok Hyun Su?”

Hyun Su ignored Woohyun, looking in the opposite direction.

“Hyun Su…” Sunggyu gave him a warning look.

“I only want to eat Gyu appa’s food.” Woohyun and Sunggyu exchanged hopeless glances, just as the director walked up to them.

“Did you guys work everything out?” He asked them.

“Not exactly…”

“Well too bad. We don’t have all day and we’ve got to film this thing.” The director sighed. “Get in the kitchen and start cooking. We have to get Hyun Su to eat something Woohyun cooks for the episode.”

“But Hyun Su said he’d only eat Sunggyu hyung’s food.” Woohyun said.

“Fine, then both of you will make the meal together.”

++

“Since the weather is cold, I thought I should make a soup.” Woohyun said to the camera, as he took a pot out of the cupboard, and then headed for the fridge and took out carrots and celery. He placed the vegetables on the counter in front of Sunggyu and handed him a cutting board.

“Hyung you can chop these up.” Woohyun instructed grabbing some potatoes and putting them down as well. Sunggyu nodded in response and hesitantly picked up the knife.

“I feel like we’re filming a cooking show.” Woohyun grinned at him, before turning the stove on. Sunggyu shakily sliced off the carrot’s top, and then continued turning the carrot over and over, attempting to find the easiest angle to slice it from. Woohyun noticed and chuckled, causing Sunggyu to look up.

“You need some help there?”

“I can manage cutting some stupid vegetables.” Sunggyu pouted, feeling insulted, as he continued with his unsteady knife work. Woohyun watched him with an amused expression, until his stomach growled. He blushed and turned around, as Sunggyu looked up.

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu tapped his shoulder.

Woohyun slowly turned around, “Hyung I—.” Sunggyu stuffed a carrot slice in Woohyun’s mouth shutting him up. He looked surprised for a moment, but then obediently chewed still looking up at Sunggyu.

“You look like a bunny or something.” Sunggyu poked Woohyun’s cheek.

“Is that a good thing?” Woohyun asked after swallowing, blinking at Sunggyu.

“Depends…” Sunggyu focused his attention back to the cutting board.

“What does that mean?” Woohyun grinned, tilting his head in front of Sunggyu’s face, attempting to get his attention. Sunggyu sighed and shoved another carrot slice in Woohyun’s mouth.

“Shut up and eat that…”

“Gyu hyung is the best~” Woohyun mumbled, his mouth full of carrots, as he waved his fists around in a cutesy way.

“W-Whatever …” Sunggyu muttered, barely managing to hold back a smile in the midst of Woohyun’s aegyo.

“Gross ahjusshi…” Sunggyu and Woohyun looked up to see Hyun Su sitting at the counter across from them.

“Hyun Su…when’d you get here?” Sunggyu asked. “I thought you were napping.”

“And did you just call me a gross ahjusshi?” Woohyun frowned. Hyun Su ignored Woohyun and attempted to get a closer look at what Sunggyu was doing.

“Gyu appa, what’re you making?” Hyun Su blinked cutely.

“I’m cutting some vegetables for a soup that Woohyun’s making.” Sunggyu explained.

“Do you like soup Hyun Su?” Woohyun asked excitedly, but Hyun Su only made a sour face in response. “Well you’ll like this one.” Woohyun announced, confidently. “I promise Hyun Su ok?” He held out his pinky and attempted to latch it onto Hyun Su’s, but the child merely folded his arms and gave Woohyun a blank stare. Woohyun let his hand float in the air for an awkward moment before returning it back to his side.

Sunggyu kept his head down and continued slicing the vegetables. He wanted to say something to help Woohyun, but he knew that wouldn’t accomplish anything and would only make Hyun Su jealous again. Woohyun cleared his throat and turned to the camera, laughing awkwardly.

“A-Anyways…” He was about to say something, when the doorbell rang.

“Are you expecting someone?” Sunggyu asked.

“Hm…no I don’t think so…” Woohyun blinked. “Uh just a second.”

He left Sunggyu and Hyun Su to continue the filming and cooking, and went to see who it was. He opened the door and saw Myungsoo standing there, hands in his pockets.

Myungsoo stared at him. “Who are you?”

“Well that’s rude.” Woohyun gave him a dry look. “You’re the one who showed up at my front door.”

“I thought this was Lee Sungyeol’s house…”

“Sungyeol?” Woohyun looked him up and down, and then realization hit him. “Ah! You must be that creepy koala costar!”

“Koala…?” Myungsoo smirked. “Is that what he calls me?”

“Wait right here. I’ll go get him.” Woohyun told him.

Myungsoo watched Woohyun disappear down the hallway for a second before completely disregarding the older male’s instructions, and barging inside. He wandered into the living room, pausing in front of the side table beside the couch which had a picture frame sitting on top. He picked up the framed photo to get a closer look. It was of Woohyun, Sungyeol and Dongwoo when they were in high school, with their arms around each other and big smiles on their faces. It looked like they were at some kind of amusement park. Myungsoo considered taking the picture out of the frame, cutting out the part with Sungyeol in it and taking it home with him, when something nudged his leg. He turned around to see a little boy with big beautiful brown eyes and soft black hair looking up at him.

“Who are you?” He looked up to see Sunggyu standing there. “Are you Woohyun’s friend?” Sunggyu asked.

“Who’s Woohyun?” Myungsoo blinked.

Sunggyu gave him a suspicious stare, and was about to say something when they heard a loud thud, and then some shouting.

“LEE SUNGYEOL, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT VACUUM CLEANER?!”

“WE’RE TRYING TO SAVE YOUR LIFE HYUNG!”

“WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!?”

“WE DON’T WANT YOU TO DIE WOOHYUN! WHY CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?! WE JUST CARE ABOUT YOU!”

“ARE YOU SERIOUSLY CRYING RIGHT NOW DONGWOO?!”

Soon the voices were drowned out by a loud whirring sound that seemed to be coming closer and closer. Suddenly Sungyeol appeared in the door way with a vacuum cleaner in hand and an insane look in his eyes. Before anyone could register what was happening, Sungyeol charged toward Sunggyu at full speed, aiming the vacuum hose directly at Sunggyu’s crotch.

“W-What are you doing?!” Sunggyu gasped, backing away, as he attempted to protect his private parts in the process.

“HASTA LA VISTA GHOSTIE!” Sungyeol shouted, as he tackled Sunggyu to the ground.

“Did you get him Sungyeol?!” Dongwoo cried, as he rushed to hide behind the kitchen counter. “Get him Sungyeol! Ah this is so scary! Hurry up Sungyeol!”

“S-Stop it!” Sunggyu whined, as he thrashed about in an attempt to get Sungyeol off him.

“LEE SUNGYEOL!” Woohyun finally appeared on the scene. “WHAT THE EFF ARE YOU DOING TO MY SUNGGYU HYUNG?!” He leapt on the taller man's back, struggling to rip the vacuum hose from Sungyeol’s hands. Myungsoo watched the entire scene, with an amused expression, wondering if it was weird that all of this was kind of turning him on.

“CUT IT OUT HYUNG!” Sungyeol shouted over the vacuum’s whirring, trying to get Woohyun off his back, while practically shoving the hose down Sunggyu’s pants. “I’M EXORCISING A GHOST HERE!”

“STOP IT! YOU’RE HURTING HIM!” Woohyun yelled.

Suddenly the vacuum turned off, and the room was dead silent. They all glanced behind them to see Hyun Su holding the cord and giving them all a blank look. Woohyun slid off Sungyeol’s back, and Dongwoo slowly peeked his head out from behind the counter. Sunggyu breathed a sigh of relief, and Myungsoo didn’t even bother to hide his disappointment.

“Nice going kid.” Sungyeol pointed the hose at Hyun Su. “Now the ghost’s going to kill us all.”

Sunggyu shoved Sungyeol off him and stood up, his cheeks red.

He didn’t look happy.

“Hyung—.” Woohyun tried to say, but Sunggyu immediately rushed out of the room. Woohyun sent Sungyeol an angry look before hurriedly following after Sunggyu.

-----------------------------------------------

You guys please don't hate Hyun Su :( Even though he was a brat in this chaper he'll get better I promise!

Thanks for commenting and subscribing and upvoting <3