Cooking for Hyun Su (part 1)

Babysitting with the Stars

Woohyun rushed out of the shower, brushing his teeth with one hand and applying deodorant with the other. His eyed widened, and a tooth paste and saliva combo dribbled down his chin the moment he remembered what was in his bedroom. He pushed the door open and tossed the deodorant to the floor as he leapt on his bed. He reached out and cautiously removed the life size Sunggyu poster taped on his wall, making sure not to tear it. He rolled it up and stored it safely under his bed, then headed back to the bathroom to finish brushing his teeth.

“Did you see that?” Sungyeol nudged Dongwoo, as the two watched Woohyun go back and forth from his room to the bathroom. “He took his Kim Sunggyu poster down!”

“Hm I guess the cops would be more suspicious of him if they saw that he had a life size poster of his victim in his room.” Dongwoo figured.

“Yeah.” Sungyeol nodded. “You know there was a study that showed that most celebrity murders were caused by their fans!”

“Really?” Dongwoo gasped, just as Woohyun rushed up to them, wearing nothing but a towel skirt.

“What’re you guys doing just standing around!?” He yelled, while rubbing lotion on his arms and neck. “We have to clean this place up!”

“But…” Dongwoo pouted. “It’s already clean.” Woohyun paused and looked around, realizing Dongwoo was right. Their house tended to stay on the tidy side anyways, since Woohyun liked to keep a clean home and Sungyeol and Dongwoo just went along with it.

“Oh…ok well what about the kitchen? Did you clean it up Sungyeol?”

“Yeah it’s fine.” Sungyeol sighed. “But who’s coming anyways?”

“Its Sunggyu hyung!” Woohyun shouted. “He’s going to be here soon!”

“What?!” Sungyeol shrieked.

“But he’s dead!” Dongwoo cried, turning to Sungyeol. “Oh my god! He came back to life to haunt Woohyun!”

“We have to call an exorcist!” Sungyeol panicked. “Where’s the phone book?!”

“Phone book!? You mean that thing we rolled up and used as a microphone on karaoke night?”

“Yeah that!” Sungyeol nodded and followed Dongwoo to retrieve it.

Woohyun rolled his eyes and headed back to the bathroom to apply his cosmetics.

++

“Hyun Su are you excited to visit Woohyun appa’s house?” Sunggyu asked him, as they walked down the sidewalk towards Woohyun’s house, holding hands.

Hyun Su pouted and nodded his head, causing Sunggyu to chuckle awkwardly at the cameraman filming them. “Why not Hyun Su? Woohyun appa even promised to make you something yummy to eat remember?”

Hyun Su didn’t seem to care that much and instead pointed at a butterfly fluttering around a nearby bush. “Pretty…” He murmured.

“You seem to like pretty things…” Sunggyu observed, and then remembered how Hyun Su had said Woohyun’s face was pretty. “What about Woohyun appa, Hyun Su? Isn’t he pretty?”

“No…” Hyun Su frowned.

Sunggyu blinked. “But before you said Woohyun appa’s face was…”

Hyun Su looked up at Sunggyu and giggled. “Gyu appa is better.”

Sunggyu sighed. He was never going to get Hyun Su to like Woohyun at this rate.

++

“Hey you guys!” Woohyun yelled, rushing out of his room holding up two different shirts. “Which one looks better?!”

“Uh the pink one!” Sungyeol decided.

“Really?” Dongwoo tilted his head. “I like the green one!”

“Ya!” Woohyun groaned. “None of these are pink or green! Stop searching through the phone book and look at me!”

“Who cares what your shirt looks like?!” Sungyeol screeched. “We’re trying to find an exorcist!”

“Why?!”

“So that Kim Sunggyu’s ghost won’t haunt you!” Dongwoo exclaimed.

“We’re doing this for your sake!” Sungyeol pointed a finger at Woohyun. “Be grateful!”

“You guys are no help at all!” Woohyun threw his arms up in the air and was making his way back to his room, when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it!” Dongwoo announced cheerfully and skipped towards the front door.

“NO!” Woohyun cried, but it was too late.

Dongwoo opened the door to see Sunggyu and Hyun Su standing there. He immediately slammed the door shut, and spun around.

“It’s Kim Sunggyu’s ghost! And he brought the children of the corn with him!” He flailed about in a frenzy, retreating to the safety of Sungyeol’s personal homemade panic room, or as others would label it, the laundry room.

“You traitor!” Sungyeol called after him, still clutching onto the phonebook. “Don’t just abandon us!”

“Oh my god! Both of you leave right now!” Woohyun shouted at them, while struggling to pull his shirt on.

++

After successfully locking Sungyeol and Dongwoo in the panic room, Woohyun rushed to the front door, adjusted the collar of his shirt, took a deep breath and opened the door.

“Uh…” Sunggyu blinked. “What was that about?”

“Oh it was nothing!” Woohyun smiled brightly for the cameras, before letting them inside. “Hi Hyun Su!” He greeted, but the child didn’t pay him any attention, too distracted by the new surroundings. However that didn’t deter Woohyun, who grabbed onto Hyun Su’s hand. “C’mon Hyun Su, Appa will show you his house ok?”

Hyun Su whined a little, pulled his hand away from Woohyun, and hid behind Sunggyu. Woohyun bit his lip awkwardly, clearly feeling disheartened.

Sunggyu felt bad seeing Woohyun trying so hard only to be blatantly rejected by a six-year-old.

“S-So this is your house?” He spoke up, feeling like he should say something to ease the mood. “Uh…it’s nice.” He mentally slapped himself for making such a pointless comment, but Woohyun’s eyes lit up almost immediately.

“You really think so hyung?” Woohyun’s eyes were practically sparkling.

Sunggyu was taken aback by Woohyun’s eagerness, and nodded slowly. “Uh yeah…I guess?”

Woohyun suddenly grabbed onto Sunggyu’s arm. “Allow me to give you the grand tour!” He announced and dragged Sunggyu, with Hyun Su and the cameraman in tow, into his bedroom.

It was quite a plain room with white walls and maple hardwood floors, but with the vibrant red comforter, the glittery yellow star on the door, and the posters and frames splattered all over the walls, the room became a lot more personal. Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck, as he glanced at Sunggyu. “It’s not much but…”

Sunggyu noticed some CDs lined up on a shelf, and spotted one of his CDs among them. He turned to Woohyun, surprised. “You listen to my music?” He took the CD out of the shelf to get a closer look. Woohyun immediately grabbed it, and hid it behind his back.

“N-Not really!” He blushed. “I-I mean I just thought I should get to know your music since we’re going to be working together….”

 “Why didn’t you get my latest CD then?”

“W-What do you mean?”

“That was the acoustic covers CD I made before I was signed. There’s only a few of those available…”

“Uh well that’s…”

“You’d have to have searched pretty hard to find that.”

Woohyun hastily stuffed the CD into a drawer, and attempted to stealthily scan the shelf for anymore of Sunggyu’s CDs, pretty sure they were all hidden away already. Sunggyu couldn’t help but grin as he watched Woohyun all flustered. He came to the conclusion that Woohyun was much cuter like this than when he was acting and doing aegyo in front of the cameras.

“L-Lets move on to the next room.” Woohyun cleared his throat.

“Wait, Hyun Su’s found something…” Woohyun turned to see Hyun Su poking a ring on Woohyun’s nightstand.

But it wasn’t just any ring.

It was Sunggyu’s lucky ring that Woohyun had found on the first day they met.

Hyun Su handed Sunggyu the ring and blinked cutely. “For Gyu appa.”

“Hey,” Sunggyu inspected the ring, “Isn’t this…?”

“I was going to return it I really was!” Woohyun blurted out. “You left it on the table when we first met and I found it and I was going to return it but then I got angry with you and was going to use it for blackmail, but then I wasn’t angry at you anymore and was planning on giving it back as soon as possible, but I kept forgetting and—!”

“Ok ok…” Sunggyu chuckled.

Woohyun sighed. “I’m sorry…”

“It’s ok.”

“Y-You’re not mad?”

“Why would I be mad? You were going to give it back weren’t you?”

“I was!” Woohyun exclaimed, eagerly. “I know it’s your lucky ring.”

“Should I even ask how you know that?” Sunggyu grinned, as Woohyun looked away embarrassedly, inwardly cursing himself for being so obvious with his fanboying.

“Thanks for taking good care of this for me.” Sunggyu Woohyun’s hair softly. Woohyun merely stared up at him, struggling to understand why Sunggyu was being so nice to him.

Suddenly Hyun Su grabbed the pillow off Woohyun’s bed and hit Sunggyu’s leg with it.

“What’s wrong Hyun Su?” Sunggyu asked.

“Stupid Gyu appa!” Hyun Su cried and ran out of the room.

“What happened?” Woohyun asked Sunggyu who shrugged in return.

“Isn’t it obvious?” The director sighed.

“When’d you get here?” Woohyun gasped.

“I’ve been here the whole time!” The director shouted. “And Hyun Su’s obviously jealous.”

“Jealous?” Sunggyu blinked. “Of who?”

“Of Woohyun.” The director explained. “Hyun Su’s gotten attached to Sunggyu and then he saw him giving all his attention to Woohyun, instead of him. Of course he would get jealous! This happens sometimes when children see their mothers giving attention to their sibling or even another child.”

“But…” Woohyun frowned. “I’m not a kid…does that mean Hyun Su sees me as the same as him? But I’m supposed to be his appa…”

“What are we supposed to do now?” Sunggyu asked. “It’s not like I can just ignore everyone else…and besides he shouldn’t be getting jealous just because I was talking to someone else.”

“Well you were doing a little more than talking…” The director commented.

“Ok so I touched Woohyun’s head. Big deal.”

“Well maybe not to you, but it was a big deal for Hyun Su. You were showing affection for someone that wasn’t him.”

“So what does that mean? Sunggyu hyung’s not allowed to be nice to me?” Woohyun pouted, not liking that idea one bit.

“Is not that…you just have to explain to Hyun Su that just because Sunggyu shows affection towards other people, it doesn’t mean he cares any less for Hyun Su.” The director told them. “And you also have to explain to him that Woohyun isn’t someone he’s in competition with.” The Director explained and then smirked proudly, as he patted himself on the back. “Damn I’m a genius.”

++

Meanwhile in the panic/laundry room…

“We’re running out of oxygen!” Sungyeol shouted into his phone. “Come save us!”

“Sorry hyung I’m busy.” Sungyeol’s younger brother Daeyeol replied on the other end. “Talk to you later bye.”

“Liar! I can hear music in the background!” Sungyeol yelled, but alas, Daeyeol had already hung up.

“No luck?” Dongwoo pouted.

“No…” Sungyeol sighed. “What about you? Did you try calling that rapper guy?”

“His name’s Hoya.” Dongwoo replied, and then looked down shyly. “And I didn’t want to bother him…”

“Didn’t want to bother him?! Oh, well sorry that the possibility of dying a cruel horrible detergent related death might trouble your boyfriend!”

“Calm down, we’re not going to die.” Dongwoo grinned. Sungyeol was about to protest when his phone vibrated. He gasped and answered it without checking who it was, assuming it was Daeyeol.

“Hello?!”

“Hey.”

“Ugh it’s you…” Sungyeol’s energy depleted rather quickly after hearing his co-star, Myungsoo’s voice on the other end. “How’d you even get this number?!”

“You gave it to me.”

“Oh yeah….” Sungyeol frowned. “Why did I do that again?”

“I don’t know.” Myungsoo said. “Maybe because you like me?”

“Yeah that’s not it…”

“Want to go to the movies?”

Sungyeol was about to immediately reject in the loudest and most childish way possible, but then realized he could use Myungsoo to get out of the panic room. “…Ok.”

“Really?”

“Yeah…but you have to pick me up at my house.”

“Your house?”

“Yes right now! Hurry up!”

“Ok, I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

“Great!”

“Oh and Sungyeol—.” Sungyeol hung up before Myungsoo could finish talking, and turned to Dongwoo with a huge grin plastered on his face.

“What?” Dongwoo blinked innocently.

“Dongwoo hyung…” Sungyeol put a hand on Dongwoo’s shoulder and smirked. “We’re busting out of here!”

-----------------------------------------------

Hyun Su still doesn't like the tree, and DongYeol are still being stupid. Myungsoo joins the party next chapter~

Thanks for the comments and subscribing <3