Filming the first episode (part 2)

Babysitting with the Stars

Sunggyu held the umbrella over Woohyun so he wouldn’t get wet, as they walked down the street, with the camera man and director walking in front of them.

Woohyun pushed the umbrella towards Sunggyu. “Y-you’re going to get wet…”

“But then you’ll get wet…” Sunggyu said.

“So…?” Woohyun mumbled, feeling uncomfortable with how nice Sunggyu was being. “It’s not like I’ll die from a little water…”

“Hm, you’re right…” Sunggyu nodded and tossed the umbrella behind them.

“W-What’re you doing?!” Woohyun gasped.

“You said you didn’t need it.”

“Well yeah, but now we’re both going to get wet!”

“Isn’t it better than only one of us getting wet?” Sunggyu commented, coolly. Woohyun wanted to yell at him and tell him that was extremely stupid, but alas the cameras were there so he decided to play along.

“But hyung…I was just worried about you getting sick!” Woohyun said in a cutesy voice. “I heard you had a weak body…”

“Where’d you hear that? I’m a healthy person.” Sunggyu replied, and then glanced at Woohyun. “Unless, you just made that up because you can’t handle a little rain?”

Woohyun eyed him, with a serious expression. “Is that a challenge?”

“Nah…I was just kidding.” Sunggyu waved it off, secretly amused by how fired up Woohyun suddenly became.

“No I think you meant it!” Woohyun pointed at him. “You want to challenge me?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea…”

“What you scared?” Woohyun jeered, temporarily forgetting his cutesy aegyo filled image as he ran a hand though his damp hair. “Let’s race! The first one to get to the park across the street is the winner!”

“Seriously?” Sunggyu grinned.

“Ready set go!” Woohyun shouted and took off down the street without even waiting to see if Sunggyu was following.

Sunggyu gave the director a confused look. The director gave him a thumbs up and mouthed the words, “Go! Follow him!” Sunggyu sighed and followed after Woohyun, who turned to see Sunggyu far behind him.

“You’re so slow!” Woohyun pointed and laughed as he kept running. “Try to catch up, you old grandpa!” Sunggyu picked up his speed not willing to lose to someone with shorter legs.

“Ya!” Sunggyu suddenly shouted, from behind Woohyun.

“What the?!” Woohyun gasped, realizing Sunggyu was catching up.

“Who’s a grandpa now?!” Sunggyu had momentarily forgotten the cameras were chasing after them, and was just enjoying the free feeling of running through the rain without a care in the world.

Woohyun turned the corner of a building, the park in his view. “I’m going to win!” He shouted as his feet touched the park’s green grass. “I won! Ya Kim Sunggyu—!” He turned around, just as Sunggyu tackled him onto the wet ground. They both collapsed onto the moist grass, laughing and soaking wet.

“You lost!” Woohyun cackled victoriously, looking up at Sunggyu.

“B-Barely!” Sunggyu panted, droplets of water falling from his hair onto Woohyun’s face.

“What do you mean barely? You were way behind me!” Woohyun grinned, and Sunggyu laughed and got off Woohyun.

“Yeah I guess…” Sunggyu adjusted his wet bangs. Woohyun noticed how Sunggyu looked so different than how he usually looked. On stage, when he was sweating up a storm, and rocking out, he was cool, y and a badass, but now as he smiled at Woohyun, he looked cute and innocent. Woohyun wondered if this timid person in front of him was the real Sunggyu, and was finding it harder and harder to hate him.

“Where are the camera men?” Sunggyu looked around, noticing they were alone. “I guess we outran them…”

They both sat there without saying anything, listening to the rain drops fall. Sunggyu closed his eyes breathing in the smell of the fresh grass, and the wet cement. He couldn’t remember the last time he had gotten the chance to sit outside like this, with no paparazzi chasing after him, or schedules rushing him here or there.

When he opened his eyes, he noticed Woohyun staring at him. “…W-What?”

Woohyun looked away quickly. “Uh…b-before…why did you say…I was cute?”

“Oh that…you were talking about what I said in my dressing room after we first met right?” Sunggyu asked. “That I thought Kimchi and the Brain was stupid. You didn’t hear everything I said, I think. Since you obviously didn’t hear about me talking about liking Kimchi and the Brain.”

“What?” Woohyun blinked.

“Yeah…my sister and I loved the show when we were kids…” Sunggyu admitted. “I was even going to ask you for an autograph for my sister. She loved Pickles Jr.”

“You…were?”

“If you’re going to eavesdrop, you should at least do it properly.” Sunggyu sighed and stood up. Woohyun felt extremely stupid, and stood up as well.

“Uh…I didn’t—.”

“That’s the reason you hated me?” Sunggyu asked. Woohyun looked down at his shoes, too embarrassed to make eye contact. Sunggyu felt bad for the kid. From his outburst earlier, it seemed like he was having a hard time, and turned the frustration from not getting work into hating Sunggyu. “It’s ok…” Woohyun looked up with wide eyes. “I get it…in this business, it’s really tough. Catching a break and everything…You know I didn’t become famous overnight or anything either…”

 “Of course not!” Woohyun shook his head. “You were even homeless for a year when you first moved to the city to make your dreams come true!”

Sunggyu tilted his head. “How’d you know that?”

 “Um…” Woohyun looked away shyly, when the camera men finally caught up to them.

 “Why did you guys run so fast?!” The director yelled, as he rushed up to them. “We barely got any of that on camera!”

“Sorry…” Sunggyu and Woohyun apologized, and then exchanged humored glances.

The director looked at both of them suspiciously.

“Anyways…the rain seems to be getting pretty bad…lets head inside for now.”

++

The crew found shelter under a large awning beside the park, while Woohyun and Sunggyu sat in a gazebo a little ways away, attempting to dry off.

Woohyun watched Sunggyu take off his wet leather jacket. “Your clothes got ruined.” Sunggyu glanced at him. “Well isn’t that good since you think they look stupid anyways…”

Woohyun pouted. “I…I’m sorry. I didn’t really think that—.”

“Relax, I was just kidding.” Sunggyu grinned, and sat down beside Woohyun.

“I’m sorry…” Woohyun said. “I’m really stupid. I just started hating you like that, for such a pointless thing…”

“It’s ok…” Sunggyu nodded.

“No it’s not!” Woohyun grabbed onto Sunggyu’s shoulders. “You were just being nice and you even gave me that gift card and I was such a…a…”

“Douche?” Sunggyu supplied.

“Yeah!” Woohyun frowned.

“Seriously it’s not a big deal…” Sunggyu sighed. “Besides, you did help me to the hospital that time.”

“Yeah, but then I just left and didn’t even bother to see how you were…”

“It’s fine already! Don’t make such a big deal about it ok? You apologized and now let’s forget about it.” Sunggyu explained, and then shivered a little, letting out a small sneeze. Woohyun noticed Sunggyu was only wearing a thin white t-shirt that was pretty much soaked through. He immediately started ing his own shirt.

“What’re you doing?” Sunggyu asked.

“Here.” Woohyun took off his shirt and draped it over Sunggyu’s shoulders. “You were shivering.” He smiled.

Sunggyu took the shirt off and threw it back in Woohyun’s lap. “I-I’m not a girl! And besides…now you’re shivering…” Woohyun grinned sheepishly, and rubbed his bare arms, wearing only a white tank top.

“No…I’m fine!” Woohyun handed Sunggyu his shirt. “I owe you at least this much!”

“You don’t owe me anything...and I don’t want your wet shirt!” Sunggyu commanded, and grabbed Woohyun’s arm and attempted to force it into the shirt’s arm hole.

“W-wait!” Woohyun bent over, laughing. “Ok I’m sorry I’ll take my shirt back!”

“It’s too late now!” Sunggyu grinned and grabbed Woohyun’s other arm, finally managing to get the shirt back on him.

“Ah jeez, now you ripped it…” Woohyun frowned, pointing to a spot on the shirt.

“What? Where?” Sunggyu inspected it. “I don’t see anything.”

It’s right here!” Woohyun chuckled and clutched onto Sunggyu’s shoulder for support. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and started buttoning up Woohyun’s shirt. “You know this is your fault for ditching the umbrella.” Woohyun pointed out, secretly enjoying the fact that the Kim Sunggyu was now buttoning up Woohyun’s shirt for him.

“Yeah yeah…” Sunggyu muttered. Woohyun stared at Sunggyu’s face since it was the first time he had a chance to be so close to him. Sunggyu was too focused on the buttons, biting his lip in concentration. Woohyun noted how pretty Sunggyu’s skin was. But then realized he was being weird and staring for too long. He coughed lightly and looked away.

“…You know I can do it myself…” Woohyun pointed out, and tried to back away.

“Wait!” Sunggyu pulled him closer. “I’m almost done…ok got it. All done.” He smiled clearly satisfied, and patted Woohyun’s chest.

“And cut!” The director popped up behind a bush, and beside him was a camera man. “That was perfect!”

Woohyun pointed from the director to the cameraman. “H-how long were you two…when did you…?”

“That was the best footage we got all day!” The director cheered. “Ok, that’s a wrap for the day. Let’s go home!”

-----------------------------------------------

Oh my gosh you guys! 50+ subscribers for only 4 chapters! Thank you so much! (I know this isn't a big deal to a lot of people, but it is for me^^)