Visiting home

Babysitting with the Stars

Sunggyu, Woohyun, and Hyun Su headed to the park that afternoon since they were supposed to meet with another pairing there, to film for the show.

“Hyung don’t you have another schedule after this?” Woohyun asked Sunggyu, as they walked down the snow sprinkled street, holding either of Hyun Su’s hands.

“Yeah, right after this, I have a radio interview.”

“Oh…” Woohyun nodded. “Well I can take Hyun Su home after, so you can just leave directly from the park.”

“Really?” Sunggyu asked. “Thanks, that’d be great.”

Woohyun grinned to himself. His proving-to-Sunggyu-that-he’s-an-adult plan was already in motion.

When they reached the park, the other couple was already there, along with the filming crew and the director.

“Oh you guys are here.” The director greeted, hugging his arms around his own body and shivering.

“Are you ok?” Sunggyu asked.

“I hate the cold.” The director muttered and stalked off, as the other pairing, an actor and actress, approached them.

“I don’t believe we’ve been formally introduced.” The actor held his hand out to Woohyun. “I’m Seo Jun Young.” He looked to be in his late twenties and was fairly muscular. He was rather average in looks in comparison to the many gorgeous people that cluttered the entertainment world.

“I’m Nam Woohyun.” Woohyun shook his hand and bowed respectfully to the older man.

Jun Young and the actress exchanged humored glances. “Yeah I know you.” He smirked at Woohyun. “Pickles Jr., right?” Woohyun winced slightly, and the actress chuckled lightly and tapped Jun Young’s arm. Sunggyu glared at the both of them, ready to tell them off in Woohyun’s defense.

“Don’t mind him.” The actress flashed Woohyun a pretty smile and swept her obviously dyed reddish brown hair back. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Park Si Yeon. You can just call me noona.” She winked at him. Woohyun nodded with a small forced smile, and gestured to Sunggyu.

“This is Kim Sunggyu—.”

“Yes, we know who he is already.” Si Yeon made a pinched face like she had just tasted something sour and then tried to smile afterwards.

“The bad namja of the entertainment world.” Jun Young snorted. “How could we not know about you? It seems like you’re making headlines everywhere you go.”

Sunggyu bit his lip, feeling awkward and a little disheartened. He glanced to the side and noticed Hyun Su had wandered off and was a little ways away, feet planted in the white fluffy snow. He was concentrating on forming something out of the snow, maneuvering his tiny mitten clad hands around the white ice clumps clumsily.

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu nudged the younger man, eager to be out of the presence of the other pair. “Let’s go.”

But Woohyun refused to budge, eyes straight on the actor-actress pairing.

“Isn’t it good though?” Woohyun piped up. “At least people are still paying attention to Sunggyu hyung. You know his latest album went straight to number one and stayed there for weeks.” Woohyun continued. “I remember the latest movie you were in Si Yeon noona. Didn’t it bomb so badly that people were calling it one of the worst movies of the year?” Si Yeon’s plastic smile faded in an instant.

“And Jun Young-sshi, that drama you were starring in…didn’t it get such low ratings that it was cancelled after only two episodes?” Jun Young’s face scrunched up as he folded his arms.

“The whole reason Sunggyu hyung is doing this show, is because people just can’t stop talking about him. He’s that popular. But isn’t it the opposite for the two of you?” Woohyun finished, and then grabbed Sunggyu’s wrist and walked off to join Hyun Su, leaving the actor-actress pair standing there dumbly. Sunggyu was more than a little surprised and even a little impressed at how Woohyun had told them off.

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu stopped in front of the swing set, causing Woohyun to turn around. Sunggyu watched him let out a loud huff and kick at the snow angrily.

“Damn it…” Woohyun cursed and then turned to Sunggyu, his eyes still full of emotion. “I’m sorry hyung.”

“Why are you sorry?”

Woohyun frowned. “Because—!”

“Thanks for sticking up for me.” Sunggyu smiled, and dusted some snow flecks from Woohyun’s hair.

“I-I was just telling the truth.” Woohyun admitted, enjoying every second of Sunggyu’s warm expression. “You’re not a bad person and they don’t even know you…they shouldn’t just make those assumptions.”

“It’s fine.” Sunggyu sighed. “As long as you know that, then I don’t really care about what other people think. Only you and Hyun Su…and maybe my parents, but they don’t really keep up with the latest celebrity gossip so that should be fine…”

Woohyun had forgotten all about his proving-to-Sunggyu-that-he’s-an-adult scheme, at this point, as he watched Sunggyu kneel down in the snow as Hyun Su ran up to them.

“Gyu appa look at this!” Hyun Su exclaimed and dumped a clump of snow into Sunggyu’s hands.

“What’s this?” Sunggyu asked.

Hyun Su glanced at Woohyun momentarily and giggled, before stepping closer to Sunggyu and whispering something. Woohyun eyed them with a confused expression.

“What?” He blinked. “What’s going on?”

Sunggyu grinned at Hyun Su before they both turned to face Woohyun.

“I don’t like this…” Woohyun’s said nervously, as he noticed them both forming balls of snow in their hands. He backed away hesitantly as Sunggyu and Hyun Su inched closer. “W-Wait…you guys—!” He immediately dodged and ran for cover as the snow balls came flying. “Two against one? That’s not fair!” He pointed a finger at the two of them, before disappearing behind a tree.

 Sunggyu and Hyun Su paused to refill their ammo, when suddenly a flurry of snow balls bombarded them.

“We’re under attack!” Sunggyu announced, and grabbed onto Hyun Su, as they ran to hide behind the slide.

The director noticed what was happening and rushed to grab the camera man.

“Hey, come film this!” The director told him.

“Gross ahjussi’s too fast!” Hyun Su had wide eyes, as if it were a life or death situation, as he peered out from under the slide.

Sunggyu grinned and patted Hyun Su’s head. “Don’t worry. We can still beat him. Besides there’s only one of him and two of us.”

Hyun Su nodded eagerly and began forming more frosty spheres from the snow on the ground. Sunggyu took a moment to be on the look out. He poked his head out from the side to check where Woohyun was. The coast looked to be clear when he heard Hyun Su scream his name. But by the time he managed to turn around, Woohyun had already tackled him back first into a pile of snow.

“Got you!”

Sunggyu pouted, at the satisfied smirk on Woohyun’s face.

“That was a cheap move…” Sunggyu grunted, and attempted to shove the other off, but Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu’s wrists, stopping him.

“It’s not cheap, its just good strategy~” Woohyun grinned, pinning Sunggyu’s arms down into the snow.

“Whatever…” Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “Now get off me, its cold.”

But Woohyun didn’t listen and leaned closer, still panting lightly from the excitement. Sunggyu could see his breath forming in the cold air, and noticed that Woohyun’s sharp nose had gotten pink from the cold, but his lips still appeared to be soft and somewhat inviting. His red scarf and dark hair stood out in a stark contrast to the pale grey sky.

Sunggyu tugged lightly at the wooly scarf, accidentally pulling Woohyun’s face closer to his own.

“Hyung…” Woohyun whispered against Sunggyu’s cheek.

“W-What?” Sunggyu felt his face get warmer.

“Your lips…” Woohyun paused. “Are in desperate need of some chapstick.”

Sunggyu blushed and attempted to shove Woohyun off, annoyed by the amused grin Woohyun was wearing.

Suddenly a snow ball hit Woohyun square on the back. He got up and turned around to see Hyun Su shoot him a mischievous grin before dashing away.

“Appa’s gonna’ get you for that!” Woohyun warned. He was about to race after the six-year-old, when he noticed Sunggyu, still lying in the snow, nose and cheeks pink. Woohyun smiled and reached out a hand to help Sunggyu up. Sunggyu sent him a frustrated glare, but took his hand anyways.

“Are you ok hyung?” Woohyun asked and helped dust some powdery snow off Sunggyu’s back.

“No…” Sunggyu muttered, folding his arms. “Now I’m cold and wet and there’s snow all over me. It’s all your fault.”

“Sorry hyung.” Woohyun grinned.

“Sorry? That’s all?” Sunggyu pouted.

“Oh right!” Woohyun reached into his jacket pocket, and took out a little pink tube and handed it to Sunggyu.

“What’s this?” Sunggyu asked, as Woohyun placed the tube in his hand.

“Chapstick. For your lips hyung.” Woohyun said and made a chapstick applying gesture.

Sunggyu growled. “I don’t care if my lips peel and rip or whatever! You—!”

“Hyung,” Woohyun leaned in, placing a glove clad hand on Sunggyu’s shoulder. “In my opinion you always look pretty, chapped lips or no lips.”

“W-What?” Sunggyu blushed.

“But you know how these TV people are?” Woohyun winked, before heading off to chase after Hyun Su. Sunggyu watched him go, completely confused by Woohyun’s actions.

He heard some shuffling and turned around to see the cameraman pointing the camera right at him. Sunggyu glanced to the director who was sending him a thumbs up and grinning like a fool. Sunggyu shot the director an un-amused look before rejoining Woohyun and Hyun Su.

++

That evening, while Hyun Su was spending time with his friends at the orphanage, Woohyun decided to visit home to see Dongwoo and Sungyeol.

He grinned to himself, as he imagined their ecstatic reactions after seeing him.

I bet they’ll be so happy to see me!” Woohyun hummed joyfully as he turned the key in the lock, opening the front door. The moment he stepped through the front door, it was quiet.

Too quiet.

Woohyun was starting to think no one was home, when he spotted two pairs of shoes hastily tossed aside at the entrance way.

Could it be that they knew I was coming and are hiding out waiting for me to come?” Woohyun figured as a smirk formed on his lips. “They’re probably going to pop out and yell ‘surprise!’ the moment I step into the living room!” Woohyun chuckled excitedly to himself, as he made his way into the living room. “Oh boy! Here it comes!”

He stood there in the dark for a moment, but nothing happened. He frowned slightly, when he heard some shuffling and something that sounded like breathing. He reached for the light switch, and his jaw dropped to the floor at what he saw.

++

“So…do you want to come over?” Dongwoo asked Hoya, as the two of them left the recording studio.

“Why?” Hoya asked, straightforwardly.

“Uh…j-just to you know….hang out?”

“Oh…ok.” Hoya nodded.

Dongwoo grinned happily as they made their way to his house. He opened the front door, just as a frenzied Woohyun rushed past them straight out into the cold dark night.

“Oh Woohyun! What’re you—?” Dongwoo paused, when he realized Woohyun didn’t even notice them and was already long gone down the street.

“What’s wrong with him…?” Hoya asked as they headed for the living room, and saw the sight that had made Woohyun run for the hills. “Oh…”

“D-Dongwoo hyung you’re home too?!” A blushing Sungyeol was pulling his t-shirt back on in a hasty manner while a silent Myungsoo was buttoning up his pants.

“Uh…what is this…?” Dongwoo pointed from Sungyeol to Myungsoo. “Don’t tell me you guys were—!”

“I-It’s not what it looks like!” Sungyeol stammered.

“Yes it is.” Myungsoo corrected him.

“Shut up!” Sungyeol hissed.

“Wait…but I thought you didn’t like gay people.” Hoya turned to Dongwoo.

“What?” Dongwoo blinked. “Why would you think…? I-I mean I’m the one who’s…”

“You mean you’re gay too?” Hoya breathed a sigh of relief.

“Too? You’re also—?!” Dongwoo gasped. “But how come before you said—?”

“That’s because I thought you hated gay guys.” Hoya explained. “That’s why I was trying to hide it.”

“Why would you think I hated gay people?”

“I don’t know…I just got used to it being like that so…I just assumed.” Hoya shrugged. “I didn’t want to tell you I liked you only for you to laugh at me or think I’m disgusting or something.”

“I didn’t want you to laugh at me or think that about me either!” Dongwoo replied. They both stared at each other for a moment before Dongwoo grabbed onto Hoya’s wrist. “You want to take this to my bedroom?”

“Yes.” Hoya replied instantly as they rushed out of the living room hand in hand.

“That’s so gross!” Sungyeol shrieked.

“You’re one to talk!” Dongwoo called after him before pulling Hoya into his bedroom and slamming the door shut.