Meeting the costars

Babysitting with the Stars

Woohyun took a deep breath as he walked into the studio with his manager, Man Suk. His heart was beating out of his chest. He was nervous as he hadn’t been in a TV studio for filming in years. He was actually going to do this. He was finally getting his foot back in the door of show biz. Man Suk grinned and patted his shoulder.

“You’re going to do great Woohyun.” Woohyun nodded half heartedly, his eyes studying every inch of the studio. He couldn’t stop gazing at everything, as the familiar feeling of nervous excitement rushed through him.

“Hey look, those must be some of your costars.” Man Suk gestured to some twenty something girls in short dresses and high heels, discussing something with the director. “Hey wouldn’t it be great if you were partnered with one of them.” Man Suk nudged Woohyun playfully.

“Ha…yeah.” Woohyun grinned, and then spotted someone familiar by the refreshments table.

Then realization hit him and his jaw dropped.

He grabbed Man Suk’s arm. “Yah! Isn’t that…isn’t that…it’s him isn’t it?!”

Man Suk looked where Woohyun was pointing. “Hm?”

“No! Don’t look!” Woohyun clutched onto Man Suk’s arm.

“Jeez you’re hurting my arm!” Man Suk whined.

“It’s Kim Sunggyu!” Woohyun whispered hoarsely.

“That rock singer right?” Man Suk nodded. “Oh right you’re his biggest fanboy—.”

“Shut up!” Woohyun hissed. “’I’m just a fan of his musical abilities.”

“Well go say hi.”

“S-say hi?! How am I supposed to do that?!” Woohyun panicked.

“Like this.” Man Suk grinned and shoved Woohyun towards the refreshments table. Woohyun knocked into the table’s leg and stubbed his toe. He whimpered loudly and hunched over, garnering Sunggyu’s attention.

Sunggyu just looked at him. “Uh…are you ok?”

Woohyun stared at Sunggyu wide eyed. He immediately stood up straight, completely forgetting his injured foot. “W-who me?”

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. “No the table.”

“O-Oh…” Woohyun looked down, and then realized Sunggyu was being sarcastic. He immediately looked up. “O-Oh!” He laughed a little too loud and backed up, tripping on his feet, and falling to the floor.

Sunggyu just looked at him again, wondering who this person was and why gravity seemed to be his enemy. Woohyun managed to get up and coughed lightly, trying to hide his blush.

“Are you ok?” Sunggyu asked again.

“The floor or me?” Woohyun asked. Sunggyu grinned slightly.

“My name’s Kim Sunggyu.” Sunggyu held out his hand. Woohyun just stood there gawking at Sunggyu, until he realized Sunggyu was waiting to shake hands. He immediately grabbed Sunggyu’s hand with both his hands and shook it violently. Sunggyu had to pull his hand away forcefully, so Woohyun wouldn’t rip it off. “Um…sorry I don’t know who you are. I don’t really keep up with the latest celebrities and stuff.”

Woohyun shook his head. “No its ok!”

He smiled to himself. Thankfully Sunggyu didn’t know about Pickles Jr. He even thought Woohyun was a current celebrity! Woohyun was on cloud nine.

“I’m Nam Woohyun. I’m…an actor.” Woohyun smiled, proud of his introduction. Sunggyu nodded and was about to say something when his manager called him over.

“Oh I gotta go. Nice meeting you.” Sunggyu waved and walked off. Woohyun sighed happily as he watched Sunggyu go.

“Nice meeting you too…” He mumbled to himself, when he spotted Sunggyu’s ring on the table. “He must have forgotten it…” Woohyun thought as he picked up the silver jewelry piece. He recognized it as Sunggyu’s lucky ring that he never performs without. He decided to return it to Sunggyu and was walking up to his dressing room, when he overheard a conversation inside the room.

“You were just talking to Nam Woohyun weren’t you?” A voice Woohyun assumed was Sunggyu’s manager, said.

“Yeah, why? You know him?” Sunggyu asked.

“Know him? Don’t you remember that show Kimchi and the Brain?”

“You mean that sitcom from the nineties?”

Woohyun’s heart started beating faster. Sunggyu used to watch his show.

“Yeah that’s the one.” Sunggyu’s manager said. “Nam Woohyun played that kid…uh Pickles Jr.!”

“Man that show was so stupid…” Sunggyu laughed. Woohyun’s heart dropped down to his stomach. “Like there was literally nothing good about it.”

Another stab at Woohyun’s heart. “The acting was bad.” Stab. “The characters were stupid.” Stab. “And it was so damn cheesy.”

Woohyun couldn’t take another second of this, and stormed off.

“But I still loved it.” Sunggyu said. “My noona and I always stayed up late to watch it. We even saved up enough of our own money so we could go see the movies and get the posters.” Sunggyu grinned. “Noona loved Pickles Jr. She’s gonna be so jealous that I met Nam Woohyun. Maybe I should get an autograph for her?” He grinned, but then felt his stomach turn. He clutched it uncomfortably.

“Hey you ok?” His manager asked. “Is your stomach still not feeling well?”

“No…its fine.” Sunggyu said. “It’s probably just constipation or something…”

++

Woohyun stomped into the men’s bathroom. He was fuming.

That jerk!” He thought. “I mean I know the show was cheesy and stupid, but he didn’t have to say it so bluntly! I thought he was a nice guy…but he’s actually just a douchebag who talks about people behind their backs!”

He looked at Sunggyu’s ring, and pondered whether or not he should flush it down the toilet. He decided against it, and instead shoved it in his pocket, for possible blackmail usage later on.

He prayed that he wouldn’t be partnered with Sunggyu for the show, and instead one of those pretty girls in the short dresses. He thought about this, when the door opened, and Sunggyu came in. Woohyun made a face, and tried his best to ignore the other man.

Sunggyu didn’t seem to notice him and leaned against the tiled wall, clutching his stomach. He winced, as droplets of sweat ran down his forehead.

“Yeah now he pretends I don’t exist after finding out who I am!” Woohyun snorted, shaking his head in disgust, until he heard Sunggyu moan slightly. He turned to Sunggyu, and noticed his uncomfortable expression. “Hey…what’s wrong with you?”

Sunggyu sunk down onto the ground, keeling over in pain.

“Hey!” Woohyun gasped and ran up to him. “Are you ok?!”

-----------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for all the comments and for subscribing <3<3<3

They finally meet~