Housewarming party (part 1)

Babysitting with the Stars

The next morning brought some sunshine that streamed through the blinds of the bedroom, hurting Sunggyu’s sleepy little eyes. He groaned slightly, and attempted to roll over in bed, but was stopped when two slightly muscular arms wrapped around his waist.

Sunggyu forced his eyes open, to see Woohyun's sleeping face right in front of him. He tried to inch out of Woohyun’s arms, but the younger man only tightened his grasp.

“W-Woohyun…” Sunggyu mumbled.

“It’s cold…” Woohyun whined, as he nuzzled his nose into the crook of Sunggyu’s neck.

Sunggyu bit his lip, feeling like he shouldn’t be enjoying this as much as he was. He awkwardly reached out to move Woohyun’s head away, but he was practically glued to him, and he could feel Woohyun’s legs wrap around his calves.

Sunggyu placed a hand on Woohyun’s chest so he could push him away, but he paused when he felt how firm the other male’s upper body was.

I guess he wasn’t lying about liking exercise…” Sunggyu thought to himself, as he unintentionally found his fingers pressing hard against Woohyun’s chest, in an attempt to feel the muscles through his shirt.

Now Sunggyu wasn’t someone who would ever find muscles enticing.

Of course not. Why would he?

Kim Sunggyu liked girls—soft, cute, and pretty girls. Sure he did think Woohyun could be cute sometimes, but that was all. Woohyun was more handsome than pretty, and he definitely wasn’t soft what with all those muscles.

But despite all this, there he was, boldly slipping a hand under Woohyun’s t-shirt. He managed to garner a soft moan from the still sleeping Woohyun, as his fingers traced Woohyun’s abdomen.

“Hyung…” Sunggyu froze.

“Y-You’re awake?” Sunggyu stuttered, holding his breath. There was silence for a few moments, until Sunggyu heard Woohyun breathing in a gentle rhythm, clearly still asleep. He sighed in relief and removed his hand as covertly as he could as to not wake Woohyun.

“Hyung’s the best…” Woohyun murmured, eyes still closed.

Is he talking in his sleep?” Sunggyu wondered. “But why would he be talking about me? Well I guess ‘hyung’ doesn’t necessarily mean me…”

“Hyung…” Woohyun continued his sleep talking. “Let’s get married…”

Pfft…what is he saying?” Sunggyu struggled to hold back laughter so he wouldn’t wake Woohyun. “And why does he want to get married to a guy?” Sunggyu’s smile faded as he thought this over. “Wait a second…why is he asking some guy to marry him? Why does he want to get married to a guy? Does he like guys? Who is this guy anyways!?” Sunggyu studied Woohyun’s face nervously, with all these thoughts running through his mind. Suddenly his phone vibrated rather loudly on the nightstand behind him. Sunggyu cursed the bad timing of it all, as Woohyun’s forehead crinkled, and his eyes slowly opened.

“Hyung…?” Sunggyu didn’t know what to say, so he just lay there blinking at him. Woohyun was quickly coming out of his dream like state, and began to realize the position they were in. His eyes went wide and he immediately gasped and backed up, falling off the bed.

Sunggyu crawled to the end of the bed and peered down at him.

“Are you ok?” Woohyun was lying flat on his back, with his hands covering his face, in an attempt to shield his embarrassed state. “Woohyunnie….” Sunggyu poked Woohyun’s stomach. All he got in response was a helpless whimper. “Did you hit your head?” Sunggyu asked.

“N-No…” Woohyun mumbled, lowering his hands slightly so Sunggyu could see his eyes.

“Don’t just lie there on the floor. It’s cold.” Sunggyu sighed and tugged on Woohyun’s wrist. Woohyun silently allowed Sunggyu to pull him up into a sitting position. “What’s wrong?” Sunggyu questioned, noticing Woohyun appeared to be in a state of shock.

Woohyun was still attempting to acknowledge the fact that mere moments ago, he was practically cuddling with Sunggyu.

“I-I’m sorry…” He murmured.

“Huh?” Sunggyu blinked. “What for?”

Woohyun looked up at him, realizing that Sunggyu didn’t seem to be bothered in the least by what had just occurred.

“Uh…i-it’s just that…” He tried to explain.

“Hm?” Sunggyu tilted his head, appearing to be the epitome of innocence, despite his earlier actions.

“N-Never mind…” Woohyun figured it was best to just let it go for now.

“You know you talk in your sleep?” Sunggyu said.

“Oh…yeah.” Woohyun grinned. “Actually Dongwoo and Sungyeol told me that. They said I say all sorts of crazy stuff…” Woohyun paused to look at Sunggyu. “I didn’t say anything weird did I?”

“Uh…” Sunggyu focused his gaze on the window, unsure if he should tell Woohyun about his marriage proposal to an unnamed hyung. Sunggyu couldn’t help but be curious as to whom this person Woohyun was dreaming of was and why he would want to marry them despite the person being a man. But he felt like asking that would just create an awkward atmosphere, so he decided against it. “No…you didn’t say anything weird.”

“Ah that’s good.” Woohyun nodded, and then glanced at the digital clock on the nightstand. “Hyung, do you have anything on your schedule today?”

“Ugh…I don’t want to think about work right now…it’s too early.” Sunggyu groaned and collapsed back into bed, rolling around in the sheets.

Woohyun just sat on the ground and watched, thinking to himself that the site of the hamster like person ruffling about in bed was pretty darn cute.

“Hyung…” Woohyun got up, running a hand through his messy hair. “I’ll go make some breakfast.”

Sunggyu immediately sat up with an almost childlike eagerness. “Breakfast?”

“Yeah?” Woohyun raised an eyebrow. “You know? That meal that people tend to eat in the morning?”

Sunggyu slapped Woohyun lightly on the arm. “Ya, I know what breakfast is dummy.”

“Well I don’t know.” Woohyun shrugged, with an amused expression. “You just seemed so confused.”

“I-I wasn’t confused!” Sunggyu pouted.

“What is this breakfast you speak of?” Woohyun spoke in a mocking tone. “I’ve never heard of such a monstrosity!”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “Cut it out. You’re being dumb.”

“That was my best Kim Sunggyu impression.” Woohyun smirked. “Was it good hyung? It was wasn’t it?”

“Ya!” Sunggyu pointed a threatening finger at Woohyun. “Come here right now!”

“Ya! Come here right now!” Woohyun repeated in a high pitched voice. “My name ith Kim Thunggyu and I’m—!”

“Nam Woohyun!”

Woohyun immediately scrambled out of the bedroom the moment he realized Sunggyu was emerging from the bed. Woohyun skidded down the hallway, with Sunggyu right on his toes.

“Hyung I’m sorry! Forgive me~!” Woohyun laughed as he raced past the living room and the kitchen. Eventually, he found himself cornered in the laundry room, with Sunggyu walking towards him.

“I-I got you!” Sunggyu panted, as he stepped forward, inching past the dryer.

“W-Wait…” Woohyun struggled to catch his breath between his laughter. He held his hands up in defense, while still wearing a slight grin. “I’m sorry ok?”

“You think I want your weak apologies, you punk?” Sunggyu was also wearing an amused smirk on his face.

“Ahh don’t beat me up hyung~” Woohyun jokingly pleaded. Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun by the collar of his shirt and they exchanged an intense stare, before both their mouths cracked into smiles.

“What are we even doing?” Sunggyu laughed as he let go of Woohyun.

“I don’t know.” Woohyun was beaming as well.

“You’re so weird.” Sunggyu sighed.

Woohyun grinned. “Why do you think I‘m weird?”

“Because…” Sunggyu smoothed out the collar of Woohyun’s shirt. “When we’re together, I always end up doing dumb things with you.”

“Is that a bad thing?” Woohyun tilted his head.

“No.” Sunggyu rested his hand on Woohyun’s shoulder. “I don’t think it is…” Woohyun noticed Sunggyu’s smile fade slightly, though his eyes still held the same warmth, as they locked gazes. Sunggyu’s fingers hesitantly moved from Woohyun’s shoulder to caress his cheek.

Before Woohyun’s mind could register what was happening, he was nervously gripping onto the end of Sunggyu’s baggy t-shirt, pulling him slightly closer.

“Hyung…” Woohyun’s voice was practically a whisper, as Sunggyu cupped his cheek, and leaned in.

Sunggyu bit his lip anxiously as he studied Woohyun’s anticipating eyes.

“W-Woohyun…” He murmured.

“Y-Yeah?” Woohyun tugged a little harder on Sunggyu’s shirt, drawing him even closer, so that their noses were practically touching.

“D-Do you—?” Sunggyu’s question was interrupted by loud banging on the front door. Woohyun honestly wanted to kill the person who dared to interrupt them, and felt his heart drop, when Sunggyu withdrew his hand and turned in the direction of the door.

“Who’s that?” He asked.

“I don’t know…” Woohyun sighed. “Maybe it’s Man Suk hyung. I think he said he might stop by.” They headed for the front door, and Sunggyu looked through the peephole to see who it was. He turned to Woohyun.

“Uh….I think it’s your friends.”

“What?” Woohyun gasped. “Wait hyung don’t answer it—!”

But it was too late.

Sunggyu opened the front door and in they came. An excited Sungyeol and Dongwoo threw confetti everywhere as they barged into the house. They were followed by a less than ecstatic Myungsoo, who appeared to have an imaginary storm cloud looming over his head.

“What are you guys doing here?” Woohyun groaned.

“It’s a housewarming party!” Sungyeol announced.

“Aren’t you happy to see us?” Dongwoo was beaming like the ray of sunshine that he was.

“No!” Woohyun frowned. “I don’t think you’re even allowed to be here!”

“Yes we are!” Sungyeol retorted. “We called the producers and asked them, and they readily agreed!”

“We told them we were friends with you and wanted to throw you a housewarming party.” Dongwoo explained. “Apparently they remembered us from when they filmed at our house! They thought it was a great idea, and I guess it couldn’t hurt the show’s popularity either.”

“I don’t even…” Woohyun massaged his temples, attempting to make sense of the situation. “Ok that’s all fine and good…but why’d you invite him?” Woohyun pointed a finger at Myungsoo.

“I-I didn’t invite him!” Sungyeol exclaimed. “H-He just followed me here!”

“No I didn’t.” Myungsoo replied. “You texted me, saying that you wanted to have a good time with me and to come to this address.” Myungsoo sighed, as he glanced from Sunggyu to Woohyun. “Not gonna lie, but this is definitely not what I was expecting when I read that text.”

“Who cares about that?!” Sungyeol waved him off. “Anyways, I’m hungry. Do you have any food?”

“Are you kidding me right now?” Woohyun glared. “You barge in here and now you’re asking to be fed?!”

“Jeez what’s the big deal?” Sungyeol sighed. “Why are you getting so annoyed? You’re acting as if we’re interrupting the two of you or something!”

“That’s because you are interrupting us!” Woohyun blurted out, and then immediately blushed and covered his mouth. Sunggyu coughed awkwardly in the background, his cheeks a deep shade of pink. “I-I mean…” Woohyun stammered.

“I don’t understand…” Sungyeol blinked, obliviously.

“Woohyun, would it be better if we leave?” Dongwoo asked, with a concerned look.

Woohyun sighed and glanced at Sunggyu from the corner of his eye.

“It’s fine.” Sunggyu spoke up, stepping forward. “You guys can stay if you want.” Sungyeol and Dongwoo cheered and high-fived at the good news. However, Woohyun frowned slightly as he turned to Sunggyu.

“Hyung, I’m sorry, they’re—.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Sunggyu replied, and sent Woohyun a small smile.

“Yay let’s party!” Dongwoo sang and started dancing like a fool.

“How is this even a party?” Woohyun sighed. “There’s only five of us.”

“Not for long~” Sungyeol grinned. “We invited Dongwoo’s possibly biual rapper friend!”

“Shh Sungyeol!” Dongwoo hissed, clamping a hand over Sungyeol’s mouth. Although Woohyun and Sungyeol knew about Dongwoo’s uality, he still kept it a secret from the rest of the world. And therefore, didn’t want Sunggyu and Myungsoo to know.

“What’d he say?” Sunggyu asked.

“Oh it’s nothing!” Woohyun changed the subject. “Anyways, what are we going to do with just the six of us?”

“It’s going to be so much fun!” Dongwoo explained. “We’ll split into teams and challenge each other in a series of games.”

“Ok….?”

“And the team that wins the most games wins!”

“And…? That’s it? Do they even get anything for winning?” Woohyun crossed his arms.

“Its like you don’t even know us at all.” Sungyeol shook his head, as he put an arm around Dongwoo. “Of course we got it all planned out.”

“The winner gets the best prize!” Dongwoo exclaimed gleefully.

“Well what is it then?” Woohyun sighed, not convinced one bit.

“Its…!”

“Yeah?”

“A…!”

“Just say it already!”

“A brand new car!” Sungyeol announced.

“For real?!” Woohyun gasped.

“Psh no.” Sungyeol snorted. “What do you think this is? An American game show?”

Woohyun pouted and folded his arms. “See hyung?” He turned to Sunggyu, who had planted his bottom on the couch, practically falling asleep. “This is what I have to deal with. Now you see why I call myself a victim.”

“Hm? What happened?” Sunggyu looked around lazily, as Woohyun plopped down beside him.

“Hyung, were you even listening?” Woohyun tugged on Sunggyu’s arm.

“I’m hungry…” Sunggyu mumbled sleepily, leaning his head on Woohyun’s shoulder.

“Ah right, we didn’t eat breakfast yet.” Woohyun remembered, as he put an arm around Sunggyu. “Ok hyung, I’ll make something now.”

“Yes! Finally! Food!” Sungyeol pumped his fist in the air. “See? Sunggyu hyung knows what’s important!”

Woohyun frowned. “Don’t just call him hyung as if you’re close with him!”

“It’s fine…” Sunggyu sighed. “Besides I’m older than all of you right? Just call me hyung then.”

“B-But…” Woohyun pouted. “They should be calling you hyung-nim or something!”

“…Why?” Sunggyu blinked. “You don’t call me that.”

Woohyun stood up immediately. “But that’s because…! I-I mean I’m not the same as them!” He pointed a finger at the three uninvited house guests.

“What do you mean?” Sunggyu remained clueless.

“Y-You barely know them!” Woohyun exclaimed. “Y-You and I are…!”

“We’re…what?” Sunggyu eyed him skeptically.

Woohyun let out a frustrated whine. “F-Forget it! Never mind!” He turned around, and stomped towards the kitchen.

Sunggyu stood up as well, clearly confused by Woohyun’s outburst.

“Woohyun!” Dongwoo started for the kitchen, but was intercepted by Sunggyu.

“Let me talk to him…please.”

Dongwoo nodded, and watched Sunggyu disappear after Woohyun into the kitchen.

“…This is my fault isn’t it?” Sungyeol frowned. “Just like last time…man I keep messing things up for Woohyun hyung.” He sighed, his shoulders slumping.

“It’s not your fault.” Sungyeol felt Myungsoo’s arm around his shoulder and glanced at the other male.

“Yeah, it’s not your fault Yeol.” Dongwoo patted him on the back. “I’m pretty sure they’ll work it out...”

-----------------------------------------------

Why did I end the chapter like this? Idk ok I’m sorry…

Anyways, I know this sounds repetitive, but thank you for commenting and subscribing! You guys don't know how happy it makes me that people are even bothering with this story.

Here's an accurate depiction of me reading your comments/getting new subscribers:

happy-as-hell.gif