Moving in (part 1)

Babysitting with the Stars

“WHY DIDN’T ANYONE WAKE ME UP?!” Sungyeol rushed into the kitchen, while he buttoned up his shirt. “I’M GOING TO BE SO LATE!” He pointed a finger at Woohyun and Dongwoo, who were sitting on the couch engrossed in watching a morning talk show. “YOU JERKS! DON’T YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CUTE AND PRECIOUS DONGSAENG’S CAREER?!”

“Cute and precious dongsaeng?” Woohyun turned to Dongwoo. “Did we have one of those?”

Dongwoo grinned. “I don’t think so.”

Sungyeol walked up to them and pouted. “Y-You guys…”

“Aw we’re just kidding!” Dongwoo immediately gave in and wrapped his arms around the puppy eyed choding. “Aigoo our cute Sungyeollie.”

Woohyun just stared at the short mother and tall child combo and snorted.

“Aren’t you going to be late Sungyeol?”

“Oh yeah!” Sungyeol gasped, and rushed back to the kitchen.

“I made you a thermos of coffee. It’s on the counter.” Woohyun told him, eyes still on the TV.

“Thanks hyung!” Sungyeol sent Woohyun a thumbs up before rushing out the door.

“So what happened with Hoya?” Woohyun turned to Dongwoo.

“W-What do you mean?” Dongwoo looked down shyly.

“Sungyeol is convinced that he’s bi. Did you find out?”

“…I don’t really know how.” Dongwoo admitted.

“Well…” Woohyun began. “I don’t know if it’s the same with guys, but when I’m trying to find out if a girl is interested in me…”

“Yeah?”

“Here, I’ll give you the ole Nam playbook.” Woohyun handed him a thick leather bound book.

Dongwoo’s eyes went wide. “You…you’re actually giving me the treasured—.”

“Not giving, just letting you borrow it.” Woohyun pointed a finger at him. “Get this guy ok? I’m sick of seeing you always crying over guys you can’t have.”

Dongwoo smiled. “Thanks Woohyun.”

++

It had been a few days since Sunggyu’s fan had announced that the claims made against Sunggyu were false. The rumors had lessened considerably, and the Babysitting with the Stars crew finally decided to continue the filming. And so Woohyun and Man Suk once again drove to the fancy high rise apartment they were supposed to film at before.

“We’re lucky that the whole scandal got sorted out so quickly.” Man Suk said.

“Yeah.” Woohyun agreed, excited to get back to work. “I can’t wait to see how Hyun Su is…I wonder if he remembers me well…” Woohyun’s smile faded and a panic stricken expression took over. “What if he hates me again and I have to start over from the beginning?”

Man Suk laughed. “That would make good entertainment.”

“No it wouldn’t!” Woohyun pouted just as they arrived.

They saw a bunch of people, surrounding the outside of the building, holding cameras and signs with Sunggyu’s name on them. Woohyun and Man Suk passed them by and made their way into the lobby to see the crew scattered about, getting things ready and prepared. Woohyun scanned the area for any sign of Sunggyu’s signature bright red hair, when they heard loud screams from outside. And soon enough Sunggyu entered, clad in a thick puffy jacket and a change in hair color. Woohyun watched him for a moment, until Sunggyu turned and spotted Woohyun. He smiled and walked up to the younger man.

“You’re already here?” Sunggyu greeted.

“You changed your hair.” Woohyun stared at him wide eyed.

“Ah yeah…” Sunggyu absently swept his black bangs away. “Does it look ok?”

“Hyung looks good with any hair color.” Woohyun stated. “Even if you were bald you would still look amazing!”

“What are you even saying?” Sunggyu grinned, and pulled lightly at the end of the red wooly scarf wrapped around Woohyun’s neck. “You look warm.” He commented.

“It’s like a freezer out there!” Woohyun exclaimed, dramatically.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “Its not that bad.”

“Then why is your nose all pink?” Woohyun pointed out, causing Sunggyu to cover his nose from embarrassment.

“It always looks like this…” He mumbled.

“No it doesn’t.” Woohyun nodded. “And I would know.”

“Of course you would.” Sunggyu grinned.

“I’m serious hyung!” Woohyun pouted.

Man Suk observed the way Sunggyu and Woohyun were interacting, and couldn’t help but notice that they seemed more comfortable around each other than before. He figured it had something to do with the article he saw posted online about how Woohyun and Sunggyu were spotted at the movies together about a week ago.

“Ok great you’re both here!” The director walked up to them.

“Where’s Hyun Su?” Woohyun asked him.

The director frowned. “Not even a hello or a good morning?”

“Sorry.” Woohyun grinned sheepishly.

The director sighed and folded his arms. “Hyun Su’s already upstairs waiting for you guys.”

++

“This is so exciting.” Woohyun said to Sunggyu as the two of them plus one camera man were standing in the elevator, waiting for it to lift them to their floor. “Getting to see Hyun Su again after so long.”

“Yeah.” Sunggyu nodded in agreement.

“But what if he doesn’t remember me?” Woohyun gasped. “What if he forgot about us hyung?”

“Woohyun, he’s a kid not a goldfish.” Sunggyu sighed. “I’m pretty sure he’ll remember us.”

“I hope you’re right…” Woohyun crossed his arms, wearing a look of disbelief.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Sunggyu asked. “You don’t believe me?”

Woohyun grinned cutely, and leaned closer to Sunggyu. “Nope~”

Sunggyu fought a smile and shoved Woohyun lightly, just as the elevator doors opened.

They made their way to the door with their assigned number and Sunggyu got out the key they were given. They unlocked the door and went inside to see Hyun Su standing in the living room, wearing a little tuxedo and standing underneath a brightly colored banner that read: WELCOME HOME APPA AND UMMA!

“Hyun Su!” Woohyun exclaimed.

Hyun Su’s eyes went wide the moment he saw the two walk in.

“Gyu appa! Gross ahjussi!” Hyun Su caught them both off guard when he ran straight into Woohyun’s arms.

“Hyung he came to me first!” Woohyun was practically beaming, as he scooped Hyun Su up in his arms. Sunggyu smiled at the two, glad to see Hyun Su still remembered them.

“Did you miss us Hyun Su?” Woohyun asked.

Hyun Su pouted. “I missed Gyu appa, but not gross ahjussi.”

“What?” Woohyun chuckled. “Then why’d you run to me first?” Hyun Su didn’t say anything and looked down coyly. “Aigoo!” Woohyun cooed. “He’s shy! That’s so adorable!”

“Calm down.” Sunggyu laughed. “And he’s still calling you gross ahjussi.”

“I want to hug Gyu appa.” Hyun Su reached out his arms towards Sunggyu.

“Ah ok.” Woohyun handed the child over to Sunggyu, and walked farther into the grand living room, while Sunggyu followed with Hyun Su’s arms wrapped around his neck.

“Why does the sign say appa and umma?” Woohyun asked, pointing up at the banner hanging above the doorway.

“Yeah, shouldn’t it be appa and gross ahjussi?” Sunggyu joked.

“That’s not funny Gyu appa~” Woohyun said in a singsong voice as he headed for the kitchen. Sunggyu grinned and followed him, Hyun Su still in his arms.

The kitchen was fairly upscale with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and an island seated in the middle. Right off to the side of the kitchen was a small eating area with a square shaped cherry wood dining table and four matching chairs.

“So what are we doing here?” Woohyun asked the camera man as he and Sunggyu sat down at the dining table, with Hyun Su in Sunggyu’s lap.

“Well basically,” The director appeared and sat down. “You—.”

“Director-nim?!” Woohyun gasped. “Are you a ninja?!”

The director ignored him and turned to Sunggyu. “For the rest of the show, all the pairings will be living in this apartment building.”

“So the three of us will be living here together?”

“Yes. We’ll film with you today, but after we’re done here, we want you two to go home and pack your stuff because you’ll be moving in here tonight.”

“T-Tonight?!” Woohyun shouted. “You mean me…a-and Gyu hyung will be—.”

“Yes you’ll be living together! How many times do I have to repeat myself?” The director sighed. “We’ve installed cameras in the living room, and we’ll give you cameras to film each other and Hyun Su during the week.”

“Wait, so we’re going to be alone?!” Woohyun questioned.

“Well we figured if it’s just the three of you alone, there’ll be more chances to become closer and bond.”

“But isn’t this apartment’s rent expensive?” Sunggyu asked. “How’d you afford to rent out places for all the pairings?”

“Now, now Sunggyu, you shouldn’t worry your pretty little head over things like that~” The director grinned sneakily, causing Sunggyu to glare at him suspiciously. “Ok fine…if you must know, we know a guy.”

“What?” Sunggyu eyed him. “That doesn’t answer anything. What guy?”

“Anyways!” The director announced, eager to change the subject. “Why don’t we continue filming while you two explore the rest of the house with Hyun Su ok?”

“You want to see your new room Hyun Su?” Woohyun asked, as he took Hyun Su’s hand in his own. Hyun Su nodded excitedly, as they all headed down the hall. Woohyun opened one of the doors, and they stepped into a medium sized bedroom with a queen bed and soft caramel colored walls. Hyun Su rushed past them and jumped on the bed.

“Ok…this is one of the bedrooms…” Woohyun nodded. “It looks a little boring, so hyung can have it.”

“Sure.” Sunggyu shrugged, not really caring either way. He was just going to use it to sleep in anyways.

“Uh…” The director began. “Actually—.”

“On to the next room!” Woohyun and Hyun Su raced to the next door and practically kicked it down. Inside, the walls were baby blue and there was a bed shaped like a red race car to one side, and a shelf stocked with assorted toys and games on the other. “Wow, look at this place Hyung Su!” Woohyun grinned, as Hyun’s Su’s eyes went wide. “I think this’ll be my room~” Woohyun teased.

Hyun Su giggled, and tugged on Woohyun’s pant leg. “Ahjussi, this is my room!”

“Ah…I guess you’re right.” Woohyun nodded with an amused expression, as Hyun Su jumped on the bed. Woohyun turned to Sunggyu. “I wonder what my room’s going to look like~”

“Actually, there’s only these two rooms.” The director explained.

“Huh?”

“Yeah…so you guys will have to share.”

“Is this how it is for the other pairings?” Sunggyu asked.

“O-Of course!” The director stammered.

Sunggyu eyed him suspiciously. “Really? So you’re making the male-female pairings share a bed?”

“W-Well that’s…” The director tried to explain. “I mean you’re both men! You’re practically brothers! It’s not like anything will happen! B-Besides the fans will love it—!”

“So that’s what this is about!” Sunggyu caught him. “For the fanservice!”

“The response to you guys was overwhelming! You’re one of the most popular pairings!” The director exclaimed.

“R-Really?!” Woohyun was ecstatic. “We’re popular?!”

“Of course! Especially after fans spotted the two of you coming out of the movies together that other day! You even have all these adorable couple names!”

“Ok I get it!” Sunggyu sighed.

The director shrugged. “The ladies love namja couples.”

“Gyu appa…” Hyun Su nudged Sunggyu.

“What is it Hyun Su?”

“Appa can sleep with me.” Hyun Su stated, wearing an innocent expression.

Sunggyu smiled and patted Hyun Su on the head. “Thanks Hyun Su, but I don’t think we’ll both fit in the race car bed.”

“Gross ahjussi can sleep there.” Hyun Su said.

“What?” Woohyun frowned. “I have to sleep in that tiny bed?”’

“It’s not that little.” Sunggyu grinned. “I think you’ll fit.”

“I have a better idea.” Woohyun proclaimed. “I’ll sleep in the big bed and Hyung and Hyun Su can sleep in the race car bed.”

Sunggyu sent him a dry look and didn’t even bother to respond.

“This is what’s going to happen!” The director interrupted. “Hyun Su will sleep in the race car bed and you two will sleep in the other bed, together.”

Woohyun gulped nervously, “Uh…you know I can just sleep on the couch—.”

“No!” The director yelled. “Because you guys are being difficult, I’m annoyed now! So do what I say, or you’re fired!” At that he stomped out of the room, leaving Sunggyu, Woohyun, and Hyun Su standing there with the camera man.

Woohyun glanced at the camera man with a sheepish grin. “This whole scene will be cut right?”

++

A short while later, Sunggyu, Woohyun, and Hyun Su were seated on the black leather couch in the living room with the camera man filming them

“So…” Woohyun turned to Hyun Su who was sitting between him and Sunggyu. “Are you excited to be living with appas Hyun Su?” Hyun Su nodded shyly. “This appa’s going to make you yummy food everyday ok?” Woohyun grinned and put an arm around Hyun Su.

“Is ahjussi a cook?” Hyun Su looked up at Woohyun.

“Huh?”

“Ahjussi’s good at cooking and Gyu appa’s good at singing.” Hyun Su said.

“I-I’m not a cook though…” Woohyun tried not to frown.

“Hyun Su,” Sunggyu spoke up. “Woohyun appa’s not a cook, he’s just really good at a lot of different things.”

Hyun Su nodded, as if attempting to understand what Sunggyu had said. Woohyun smiled at Sunggyu, who was Hyun Su’s smooth black hair.

Sunggyu looked up and caught Woohyun’s gaze. He sent Woohyun a warm glance, but Woohyun quickly looked away coughing lightly, trying not to blush.

++

After the filming had finished, Woohyun headed home to pack some clothes and necessities.

“I can’t believe you’re moving out.” Dongwoo frowned as he, along with Sungyeol  and Myungsoo watched Woohyun pack his clothes.

“I’m not moving out.” Woohyun explained. “I’ll just temporarily be staying there. Its not like I won’t come home to see you guys anyways.”

“But it won’t be the same.” Dongwoo pouted.

“Yeah! Who’s going to make us tasty food?!” Sungyeol cried.

“Is that all I am to you?” Woohyun sighed. “A food making machine?”

“Yes!” Sungyeol exclaimed, as they followed Woohyun outside. Woohyun placed his bag in the trunk of the taxi, and then turned to Sungyeol and Dongwoo.

“Well I guess this is it—.” Woohyun paused when he noticed Dongwoo holding back tears, and failing miserably. “Jeez don’t cry because then…” Sungyeol was next, biting his lip, his eyes, huge and watery. “Y-You guys…” Woohyun’s bottom lip quivered. “D-Don’t do this…”

“WOOHYUN!”

“WOOHYUN HYUNG!”

“I LOVE YOU GUYS!” Woohyun cried out. “GROUP HUG!”

Myungsoo watched the three engaging in their group hug and sobbing dramatically.

“Are they always like this?” The taxi driver asked with a concerned expression, but Myungsoo merely shrugged in return.

“Sungyeol, can we go eat now?” Myungsoo poked Sungyeol’s back. “I’m hungry.”

“SHUT UP!” Sungyeol shrieked. “We’re having a brotherly bonding moment here!”

“Get in on this hug Myungsoo!” Dongwoo shouted between sobs, grabbing Myungsoo and pulling him in between himself and Sungyeol. Myungsoo stood between them with a blank expression, while the other three cried their hearts out.

“WAIT!” Sungyeol paused. “Someone just grabbed my .”

All three of them broke up the hug and eyed Myungsoo.

“What?” Myungsoo blinked. “Why’s everyone looking at me?”

“Obviously it wasn’t me.” Dongwoo said. “I have no interest in Yeollie’s flat .”

“HEY!” Sungyeol pouted.

“And I have no interest in touching another man’s at all.” Woohyun stated.

“Unless it’s Kim Sunggyu’s.” Sungyeol joked, and Dongwoo snickered.

“S-Shut up!” Woohyun blushed.

“Notice how he didn’t even deny it.” Sungyeol said to Dongwoo, who only laughed harder.

-----------------------------------------------

They're moving in together and they're going to share a bed...so many cliches in one chapter OTL

Anyways, thanks for commenting and subscribing!