Getting closer (part 1)

Babysitting with the Stars

“And then he said I was his cute fan~” Woohyun sighed dreamily, a huge stupid smile on his face. “Can you guys believe that?”

Sungyeol groaned. “Oh shut up already! We’ve heard this story over five hundred times in the past two days!”

“Yeah Woohyun….” Dongwoo sighed. “I mean I’m really happy for you and all, but can we please talk about something else now?”

The three of them were at their favorite restaurant that night because Dongwoo had wanted Sungyeol and Woohyun to officially meet Hoya for the first time.

“You guys are just jealous…” Woohyun pouted and crossed his arms.

“Anyways, when’s you boyfriend getting here?” Sungyeol asked Dongwoo.

“H-He’s not my boyfriend!” Dongwoo stammered, and then glanced at his phone. “He said he’d be here any minute.”

Woohyun picked up his napkin and started smiling at it.

Sungyeol gave him a weird look. “What’s wrong with you?”

“This napkin…” Woohyun held up the red napkin and rubbed it against his cheek. “It’s the same color as Gyu hyung’s hair~”

“Oh for the love of…” Sungyeol facepalmed.

“Uh you guys…” Dongwoo began, with a nervous expression.

“Hm?”

“There’s something I forgot to mention about Hoya.”

“What?”

“Well…the thing is, he’s not—.”

“Hey isn’t that him over there!” Sungyeol pointed to the entrance, just as Hoya stepped through the door. “Hey!” Sungyeol called. “Over here!” He gestured Hoya over to their booth.

“Hey.” Hoya grinned, taking the empty seat beside Dongwoo.

“Hoya, these are my friends, Woohyun and Sungyeol.” Dongwoo introduced them.

“Nice to meet you.” Woohyun greeted, just as Sungyeol’s phone beeped.

“Ah crap.” Sungyeol grumbled, after glancing at his phone.

“What’s wrong?”

“Oh it’s nothing…it’s just that stupid Myungsoo.” Sungyeol explained. “Because I went to the movies with him once, now he thinks we’re friends or something…he keeps texting and calling me all day long! And he sends me pictures of his face. Why would I even want to see his stupid selcas?!”

“That sounds more like he wants to date you.” Woohyun joked.

“But why would he want to date you if you’re both guys?” Hoya asked.

Woohyun and Sungyeol looked up at Hoya. They glanced at Dongwoo, who was avoiding eye contact, and playing with the salt shaker.

Woohyun gave Hoya a false smile. “Excuse us for a moment. We have to discuss something with Dongwoo.” Sungyeol and Woohyun grabbed onto Dongwoo and dragged him away.

W-What are you doing?! That tickles guys!” Dongwoo laughed as the other two pulled him to a spot in front of the bathroom.

“Hyung!” Sungyeol frowned. “A straight guy?” Dongwoo’s smile faded.

Woohyun sighed. “Don’t you remember what always happens? You get your heart broken, and then we’re forced to pick up the pieces.”

“I-I know…” Dongwoo pouted. “I won’t fall for him. I know he’s off limits.”

Sungyeol raised an eyebrow. “Then what was the point of this whole dinner thing if you’re not interested in him?”

“Uh well that’s…” Dongwoo grinned sheepishly.

Woohyun rolled his eyes. “It’s too late. You already like him.”

“No! I-I just—.”

“Go sit down.” Woohyun shoved Dongwoo, who looked back and pouted, before rejoining Hoya at the table.

“This is what we’re going to do.” Sungyeol turned to Woohyun. “We’re going to set them up!”

Woohyun shook his head. “No Sungyeol…we’re not doing that again. The guy’s straight. Let’s just end it there.”

“But maybe he’s not….” Sungyeol grinned. “Maybe he’s biual and just hasn’t realized it yet!”

Woohyun frowned. “But…”

“Oh c’mon! Dongwoo hyung really likes him!”

“He liked those other straight guys too, and remember where that led?! To two fractured bones and a couple of restraining orders!”

“I didn’t get any restraining orders though…” Sungyeol shrugged.

“Yeah but I did!” Woohyun replied angrily. “I’m not getting involved in your hair brained schemes anymore! I can’t afford to get in trouble, since I have a job now.”

“Wow how selfish.” Sungyeol folded his arms. “Just because you’re besties with Kim Sunggyu, now you think you’re hot stuff? Too busy soaking up the limelight to remember about us little people, huh? Well that’s just fine! Dongwoo hyung will forever remain boyfriendless and we’ll both sit at home alone, watching you climb the tower of fame on TV because that’s the only time we’ll get to see you!”

Woohyun whined, clearly frustrated. “T-That’s not fair! You guys aren’t nobodies like me, you’re really famous! And how come we’re always trying to get Dongwoo a boyfriend, when our own dating lives haven’t exactly been flourishing?!”

“I don’t know about you, but my dating life is just fine, thank you!”

“Oh please….” Woohyun gave him a dry look. “That fan asking to shake your hand in the parking lot, was the most action you’ve gotten in months!”

“S-So?! I-I mean….Dongwoo hyung’s older! So he needs to be dating first, so that I won’t feel bad for him!” Sungyeol exclaimed. “And we’re doing this matchmaking thing!” He announced before stomping off, back to the table.

Woohyun sighed and was about to follow, when his phone rang. He didn’t recognize the number, but answered it anyways.

“Hello?”

“Uh…Woohyun is that you?”

Woohyun almost dropped his phone, after hearing Sunggyu’s voice on the other end. He immediately attempted to compose himself and took a deep breath before responding.

“Y-Yes…?”

“Well I—ah you probably don’t even know who this is…um its Sunggyu.”

“Of course I know it’s you!” Woohyun blurted out, and then covered his mouth with his hand, when a waiter passed him by giving him a confused look. He could hear Sunggyu chuckle softly on the other end.

“I asked my manager for your number.” Sunggyu explained, and Woohyun’s heart sped up, wondering why Sunggyu wanted his number. “Because I think I left my ring at your house.”

“O-Oh…” Woohyun replied, the enthusiasm in his voice had all but died. He mentally slapped himself for thinking that someone as famous as Kim Sunggyu would want to hang out with someone like him.

After all, he was just another fan to Sunggyu.

Just a fan.

Woohyun began to hate that word, and remembered why he didn’t want Sunggyu to know about him being a fan in the first place. Now he would probably never get a chance to be anything more to Sunggyu. He would never get to be his friend.

“…Hello? Are you still there?”

“Yeah…” Woohyun answered. “Uh…I can bring it to the filming site tomorrow.”

“Oh?” Sunggyu sounded surprised.

“Why? Is that not ok?” Woohyun asked.

“I guess that’s ok, but I just…” Sunggyu’s voice trailed off. “I mean yeah its fine. You’re probably busy now anyways…”

“I don’t understand.” Woohyun said. “Do you want me to bring it now? Do you need it now?”

“No…it’s ok.” Sunggyu replied. “See you tomorrow.”

Woohyun stared at the phone for a moment after Sunggyu had hung up.

Is it me…or did he sound kind of disappointed?” Woohyun wondered, and then shrugged off the thought. “It’s probably just my imagination…”

++

Sunggyu paced his living room for a moment before throwing himself on the sofa, letting out a big sigh. “Of course he’s busy…just because he kind of likes my music, doesn’t mean he’s going to drop everything just to give me my stupid ring…” Sunggyu told himself.

It was one of Sunggyu’s rare days off, and he spent the whole day sleeping. After waking up that evening, he found himself with nothing to do.

 It wasn’t like he could take a casual stroll down the block, unless he wanted to get bombarded by fans and paparazzi. He didn’t really have any close friends, who were willing to brave the hordes of people just to spend time with him.

Truth be told, Sunggyu didn’t care much about the ring at all. He only really called Woohyun because he was kind of lonely and wanted to talk to someone. He was planning on inviting Woohyun over to hang out, since the younger man seemed to be a fan and everything, and just maybe he wouldn’t reject the offer. But he realized that it was kind of conceited to assume Woohyun wouldn’t have his own plans.

He sat there for a moment in silence before turning on the TV and lazily flipping through the channels. He stopped at a cooking show. They were making soup.

Sunggyu smiled, reminded of cooking with Woohyun and how cute Woohyun looked when he fed him carrots. He also thought about Hyun Su and wondered how he was doing and whether he was eating well and staying healthy. He was interrupted from his thoughts when the doorbell rang. Sunggyu had ordered some food a while ago, so he figured it was the delivery man. When he opened the door and saw a teenage girl there, he inwardly cursed himself for opening the door without looking through the peep hole first.

“Sunggyu oppa!” The girl screeched and handed him a pink paper bag. “I’m totally your biggest fan oppa!”

“Uh thanks.” Sunggyu smiled politely, accepting the present. “You should go home now, it’s late.”

“No! I want to stay with oppa!” The fan exclaimed. “I even brought condoms!”

“W-what?” Sunggyu was caught off guard. “Um I think you need to leave now.” Sunggyu tried to shut the door, but the fan stuck her foot in the door, preventing him from shutting it.

“Please don’t do this right now…” Sunggyu sighed.

“I want to be with oppa forever!” She squealed. “Take me now oppa! I like it rough!” She grabbed onto his arm, just as the camera flashed. They both turned around to see a seedy looking man in a green jacket, holding a camera and grinning.

“I caught you red handed Kim Sunggyu!”

Sunggyu groaned. “Not again…”

-----------------------------------------------

Stupid chapter title...but I really couldn't come up with anything. -_-"

Anyways...Hoya makes his appearance this chapter~

Thank you for 100+ of your awesome and funny comments! And for subscribing and upvoting <3