Cooking for Hyun Su (part 3)

Babysitting with the Stars

Woohyun found Sunggyu sitting on his bed with his hands folded, and his expression grim.

“Hyung…” Woohyun took a step forward.

Sunggyu immediately blushed and scooted farther onto the bed away from Woohyun.

“G-Get away from me…”

Woohyun pouted, and sat on the edge of the bed. “I’m sorry hyung….are you ok?”

Sunggyu gave him a dry look. “What do you think?”

“I’m really sorry hyung. I have no idea what Sungyeol was thinking.” Woohyun tried to explain. “Sometimes he’s kind of weird…”

Sunggyu looked up. “Sometimes? Kind of?”

“Ok a lot of the time…but he’s not a bad guy.” Woohyun smiled slightly, and scooted closer to sit beside Sunggyu. “I guess he thought you were a ghost or something?”

“Why would he even think that?” Sunggyu sighed.

“I don’t know.” Woohyun grinned. “But are you ok?” He asked and hesitantly placed a hand on Sunggyu’s thigh, and rubbed it gently. “Does this feel better?”

Sunggyu frowned. “That’s not where I got hurt.”

Woohyun paused, trying to figure out whether Sunggyu meant that he should stop touching him, or that he wanted Woohyun to touch him there.

He blushed slightly at the thought of the latter, but then mentally slapped himself for getting excited about touching another man’s junk. But then again this wasn’t just any man. It was Kim Sunggyu for crying out loud. And if he was asking for it, then how could Woohyun, as a devoted fan possibly refuse?

Woohyun gulped and his lips nervously as he reached his hand out. So far Sunggyu didn’t seem to notice, and sighed softly. He turned to Woohyun prepared to forgive him, but then froze when he felt a warm hand on his crotch.

“W-What are you doing right now?” Sunggyu asked stone faced.

Woohyun’s voice was unintentionally breathy and low, as he leaned in. “I’m just trying to make you feel better hyung.” Sunggyu squeaked and shoved him off the bed in a hasty manner.

Woohyun looked up at him with wide eyes and a slight blush. “W-What was that for hyung?! I was just trying to—!”

“G-Get out!” Sunggyu shouted, refusing to make eye contact.

“B-But this is my room—.”

“Now!” Sunggyu stood up, preparing to drop kick Woohyun to the sun if he refused. Woohyun whimpered and crawled out of the room as fast as he could as Sunggyu slammed the door shut. Woohyun sat at the closed door, like an abandoned puppy.

“Hyung…” He whined. “I’m sorry hyung…please forgive me…” He clawed at the door pitifully for a moment before turning around and leaning against the wall. He waited in that position for fifteen minutes before getting up. He headed to the living room to deal with Sungyeol and Dongwoo but was intercepted by the director.

“Uh yeah…so that whole violent episode with your friends…obviously we can’t air that…as entertaining as it was…” The director commented. Sunggyu heard the director’s voice through the door, and strained to hear the conversation.

“Ah right…I’m really sorry about that.” Woohyun said. “I didn’t know they—.”

“We’re thinking we might just put a halt on the filming for today.” Woohyun recognized the look in the director’s eyes. It was that look of disapproval he was used to getting from casting directors, whenever he was about to fail an audition. It was that look they gave him when they were about to give his role to someone younger and better looking and more talented.

Woohyun’s heart sank. He couldn’t let himself be kicked out of the show for this. It was a rare chance he’d been given after so long.

“No please!” He begged the director. “Just give me some time! I promise I’ll sort everything out and get Hyun Su to eat the soup and everything will work out! Please just give me a chance!”

“Hm…I don’t know.” The director sighed.

“Please...?” Woohyun grabbed onto the director’s arm, giving him the puppy dog eyes.

“You know I have a five-year-old daughter at home. I’m unaffected by aegyo.” Woohyun pouted and looked down. “But I’ll give you twenty minutes.”

“Really?” Woohyun looked up. “Thank you!”

++

“Ya!” Woohyun charged into the living room, sending death glares at Sungyeol and Dongwoo. “What the hell’s wrong with you two?!”

“We were trying to exorcise Kim Sunggyu…” Sungyeol mumbled.

“Why?!”

“Because we thought he was a ghost that was coming to haunt you.” Dongwoo replied, nervously.

“Why?!”

“Because we thought you killed him…” Sungyeol admitted. Woohyun was rendered speechless, and his expression was blank.

Dongwoo put on a bright smile. “I always knew you weren’t a killer Woohyun!”

“Are you kidding me right now?!” Sungyeol pointed an accusatory finger at the shorter man. “You were the one who convinced me that he was a killer!”

“Sungyeol I’m bored, can we go to the movies now?” Myungsoo asked.

“THAT’S IT!” Woohyun blew up. “ALL THREE OF YOU IN THE PANIC ROOM RIGHT NOW!”

“What?” Myungsoo blinked. “Even me? But I didn’t even do—.”

“RIGHT NOW!”

“But—.”

“Don’t argue with him!” Sungyeol grabbed onto Myungsoo’s arm, a fearful look in his eyes. “Hurry let’s go!” He dragged Myungsoo, with Dongwoo in tow back into the panic room.

Woohyun let out a loud frustrated sigh and flopped down on the couch. He leaned his elbows on his knees, and massaged his temples. He was thankful for getting twenty minutes from the director, but he didn’t know what to do with the time.

Sunggyu was mad at him, Hyun Su hated him, and the crew was getting restless and impatient with him.

He knew that he could easily be replaced since no one really cared about him, and it wasn’t like he had fans who would be tuning in to watch the show just for him. Sunggyu and Hyun Su seemed to already hit it off, so they could easily continue the show without him.

They didn’t need him.

But he needed them. He needed this show.

He wanted to curl up in a ball and cry out from frustration. He wondered if he was always going to be in this uphill battle with show biz. He hated how it was so hard just to get people to even notice his existence in the midst of all the beautiful and talented people who shined much brighter than he ever could.

He was shaken out of his thoughts by a tap on the arm. He looked up to see Hyun Su staring at him.

“Oh…Hyun Su, what’s wrong?”

“D-Don’t cry...”

“Hm?” Woohyun blinked, as Hyun Su patted him on the cheek with his small hand.

“Real men don’t cry.” Hyun Su stated, attempting to sound tough. By this time Sunggyu had left Woohyun’s room, and was listening to them from behind the other side of the wall.

Woohyun couldn’t help but smile. “Hyun Su…”

“…I like soup.”

“What?” Woohyun chuckled.

“I’ll eat gross ahjussi’s soup…so don’t cry.”

Woohyun grinned and nodded. “Thanks Hyun Su. I won’t cry ok?”

“So you’re just going to let him keep calling you a gross ahjussi?” Woohyun looked up to see Sunggyu walking up to them.

“Gyu appa!” Hyun Su ran up to Sunggyu and grabbed his hand as they walked over to the couch and sat down.

“Hyung…I’m really sorry!” Woohyun frowned. “I-I really didn’t mean to…” He paused glancing at Hyun Su, who was happily seated on Sunggyu’s lap. “I mean I guess I didn’t think at all. I know it was really stupid…but I just wanted to make you feel better, because I thought Sungyeol might have hurt you and—.”

“It’s fine…”

Woohyun looked up at Sunggyu wide eyed. “…W-What?”

“I said its fine.” Sunggyu repeated.

“W-Why?!”

“What do you mean why?” Sunggyu blinked. “You want me to be angry with you?”

“NO!” Woohyun immediately shook his head, and Sunggyu laughed softly, his eyes disappearing into little crescents.

Woohyun stared at him, mouth agape, wondering if this was even real life.

“You ok?” Sunggyu asked, leaning in to get a closer look at Woohyun’s face.

“W-What do you mean?”

Sunggyu cupped Woohyun’s chin. “If you keep your mouth open like that for so long a fly will go in.”

Woohyun blushed and backed away, falling off the couch in an embarrassed flurry. Sunggyu grinned slightly, “Are you ok?”

“N-No sir I am not ok at all.” Woohyun mumbled, his face planted into the carpet. “Just let me die here and now…”

“No…” Hyun Su murmured, rushing out of Sunggyu’s lap and towards the half dead Woohyun on the floor. “Y-You can’t die gross ahjussi.” He shook Woohyun’s shoulder. “I want to eat soup with gross ahjussi.”

“Hyun Su…I don’t think I’ll make it…” Woohyun exclaimed dramatically, turning to lie on his back.

“No!” Hyun Su gripped onto his arm.

“But maybe I can survive if Hyun Su does something for me….”

“W-What?” Hyun Su asked, completely tense, while Sunggyu watched from behind him, clearly amused.

“Just call me….Woohyun appa…once…”

Hyun Su puffed up his cheeks, as if he was prepping to go to war. “W-Woohyun appa…”

Woohyun was practically beaming as he sat up and grabbed Hyun Su. “It’s a miracle Hyun Su!” He exclaimed. “You saved me!” Hyun Su giggled excitedly, and even let Woohyun hug him. Woohyun looked up at Sunggyu, Hyun Su still in his arms.

Woohyun mouthed the words, “He’s hugging me!”

Sunggyu nodded with an encouraging smile, and scooted closer to them. He put a hand on Woohyun’s head and leaned in to whisper in his ear, “You did it.”

Woohyun paused for a moment, rendered speechless by the fact that Sunggyu’s lips were practically touching his skin. He tried to adjust his position, but ended up falling backwards, with Hyun Su falling on top of him. Sunggyu just laughed, secretly believing that a flustered Woohyun was the cutest. He figured that was probably the reason why he kept forgiving Woohyun so easily.

++

The rest of the filming finished successfully and Woohyun’s soup was not only a hit with Hyun Su, but with the staff as well. It was already late afternoon, and Hyun Su had fallen asleep, as the crew began to filter out.

“He can stay with me for the night.” Woohyun offered, as he watched the social worker scoop up the dozing six-year-old.

“Sorry, we can’t allow that.” She smiled sadly and headed out the door. Sunggyu and Woohyun watched her place Hyun Su in the back seat of the car, then get in the front seat and drive off.

“Well….I guess I’ll get going as well…” Sunggyu said.

“Your manager’s not here?” Woohyun asked, noticing no one else was around except for the two of them.

“No.” Sunggyu replied. “I came here myself. I parked around the block.”

“Oh…” Woohyun nodded, as he watched Sunggyu turn to leave. “W-Wait!”

Sunggyu paused and faced Woohyun. “What?”

“Uh…” Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck. “I just wanted to say sorry.”

“For what?”

“For…everything that happened today…” Woohyun explained. “You’re probably getting pretty sick and tired of the stupid things I keep doing to you…”

“Not really.” Sunggyu shrugged.

“N-Not even a little?” Woohyun blinked, completely flabbergasted, when Sunggyu nodded. “W-Why are you so perfect?!” He blurted out, and then quickly covered his mouth.

Sunggyu laughed shyly. “I’m not perfect.”

“If I were you I would have beaten me up twice already!”

“Only twice?” Sunggyu smirked.

“No you’re right! Five times! No…ten times!” Woohyun exclaimed.

“You…” Sunggyu chuckled, and ruffled Woohyun’s hair. “You know, you’re really adorable sometimes.”

Woohyun's cheeks reddened. “B-But I’m…”

“You want to know why I haven’t beaten you up yet?”  Sunggyu leaned in, as if he were going to spill a secret. “I guess I’m a little more forgiving when it comes to a cute fan.” Woohyun froze.

“I’ll see you later.” Sunggyu smiled, and turned to leave.

++

Woohyun floated into his house in a daze. He collapsed on the couch, and smashed a pillow against his face to prevent himself from squealing like a pig.

“This was the best day ever!” He thought to himself, sighing dreamily, as he recalled the memories. He had this stupid grin plastered on his face, as Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Myungsoo hesitantly stepped out of the panic room.

“Is it safe?” Sungyeol tugged on Dongwoo’s shirt. “Go check!” Dongwoo cautiously approached Woohyun, and noticed the trance like state the younger man was in.

He shot Sungyeol and Myungsoo a thumbs up. Sungyeol grinned and confidently walked up to Woohyun.

“Hey…Woohyun hyung, we’re sorry about before.”

“Hm?” Woohyun sat up. “Oh don’t worry about it guys! Isn’t life great? Isn’t it great to be alive?”

“Uh….what’s wrong with him?” Myungsoo asked.

“We’re safe!” Sungyeol and Dongwoo high-fived.

“Oh no!” Dongwoo gasped, glancing at the time on his phone. “I gotta go! I have to work on lyrics with Hoya. See ya guys later!” He grinned and sprinted out the door.

“Hm, well I guess we should go to the movies then….” Sungyeol sighed, giving Myungsoo a disapproving look. “C’mon lets go.” He walked out the front door, not even waiting to see if his co-star was behind him. Myungsoo was about to follow, when he paused, staring at Woohyun for a second.

“…What?” Woohyun blinked, noticing the younger man’s eyes on him.

“You look familiar.”

Woohyun sighed. “Yeah yeah…I’m Pickles Jr. from the TV show—.”

“No not from a TV show…” Myungsoo eyed him for a moment, when realization finally hit him. “You were in that one commercial for erectile dysfunction weren’t you?”

“Sungyeol,” Woohyun frowned. “You better get your koala friend out of here right now before I whoop his into next week!”

-----------------------------------------------

Haha sorry to the people who were looking forward to Woohyun's cooking. I just skipped past it XD

Thanks for subscribing and for all your lovely comments <3<3<3