Chapter 1

Debut Soon, Okay?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

They were all huddled in a corner of their changing room backstage at Inkigayo waiting to be called on.
Nobody was saying much, everyone was too busy trying to calm their nerves.
After all the years of training they were finally debuting as EXO-K. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were whispering lyrics quietly together for the umpteenth time to make absolutely sure that they wouldn’t forget them.
Sehun was staring at the floor without blinking.
Kyungsoo was giddily chattering to Suho. Kai could hear him asking:

 ‘are you absolutely positive that we can’t sing live?’

To which Suho replied while tugging a hand through his hair ‘Kyungsoo, we’ve been over this a hundred times. The company doesn’t want us to sing live on our debut performance. We don’t have a choice.’
His expression softened a little ‘We’ll have plenty of opportunities to sing live later ok? Manager-hyung told us that, remember?’

For a moment Kyungsoo looked like he was going to argue back but just replied with an ‘ok’ and fell silent again. Kai stifled a smile, he knew for a fact that Kyungsoo was eager to show off his vocal abilities as soon as possible. He had also confessed to him earlier that he was worried that the fans might think that miming on a debut stage was a bit of a cop- out.

 Kai wasn’t worried about that though. He was currently pacing backwards and forwards in front of his band mates. To tell the truth, he was worried about the image of him that SM had painted and whether he could keep it up or not. When Manager-hyung had initially shown him their plan for promoting him, even Kai himself thought it was a little excessive. He was barely a teenager for heaven’s sake! How did they expect him to carry all this responsibility?

His thoughts were interrupted as a soft knock on the door was heard. ‘Can I come in?’
Kai didn’t even bother to hide his grin this time as he rushed to the door to open it.

‘Taemin-hyung!’ he flung his arms around him.

‘Yah! Be careful Jongin, you’ll mess up our costumes.’
He laughed as he move

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter