`»hurt

Alike Heartbeats

 

5th November, 2012.

❥play.

The cold winter wind blew against Jaebum as he walked slowly along the park. His face was down, red from the cold and looked like a dead goldfish in the tank. As he walked pass the park Su yeon and him used to spend time together  very often, tears formed in his eyes as memories flowed just like the leaking tap that would not stop. He still remembered that day, that day when she got knocked down by the motorcycle. Jaebum felt that it was all his fault, entirely as he did not look after her properly. He felt remorseful, upset and of course, hurt. That friendly and bubbly girl he was dating for 3 years- Jaebum could not imagine her in that accident. Of course it had been an accident, but Su yeon’s parents never stopped blaming Jaebum for the death of their only daughter. With that, Jaebum did not even have the chance to attend Su yeon’s funeral.

Flashback;

‘It’s over, I’m sorry but we did our best. The patient’s condition is getting worse by the minute and she passed away peacefully due to severe bleeding at 12:03pm. My condolences.’ The doctor in charge came out of the operation room to inform Jaebum and Su yeon’s parents.

Su yeon’s parents broke down in a wail at the news of the lost of their child. ‘Why did you bring her out? It’s all your fault! Go away, I don’t want to see you.’ Mrs Jung shouted at Jaebum while pushing him away harshly. Jaebum stood there, still shocked and he could not believe the fact that Su yeon, the one that was still happily chatting with him two hours ago, just passed away a minute ago.

❥pause.

Flashback;

Sora’s aunt, Mrs Kim, jumped in glee as Sora opened her eyes slowly and graduately, she regained conscious from the heart transplant surgery. ‘Oh my god, Sora!’ Mrs Kim hugged Sora as tears of joy flowed down her cheeks. She her aunt’s hair slowly as she kept muttering, ‘My poor girl.. You have suffered a lot…’

Sora was shocked with disbelief as she had known that herself survived the ordeal. It seemed so much like a miracle, as if god was on her side. Sora touched her chest as she looked up to the sky.

‘Thank you so much.’

❥play.

Jaebum walked to school, head bent down as he shivered against the cold wind. It was simply freezing at he could feel his teeth turning into ice. Jaebum forgot to bring a second layer of clothes and he felt that he would freeze right in the middle of the park to death while people looked at him like an ice model. It was a year after his girlfriend’s death. Exactly one year.

He did not want to remember anything. It just brought pain. That’s all.

Jaebum carried his light brown backpack while walking towards school. It felt like any other rotten day where students were discussing about compositing songs, dancing and singing to one another. Jaebum rolled his eyes as he tried his best not to be bothered about his surroundings.

As Jaebum pushed the glass doors, strong winds blew against his chilling body. He groaned as he made his way to the lockers.  Suddenly, he felt something weird.

It was a weird feeling.  A weird feeling of familiarity. He turned around, looking for a trace of that feeling. He never felt like this before, except when he was with Su Yeon.

❥pause.

Sora could finally go to school! She has fully recovered and the doctor proves her medically fit to go back to school. Finally after so long, that pain wasn’t there any longer. But of course, Sora knew she had to go to the hospital for often check ups.

As she stepped into the sea of people, she walked towards her locker. Suddenly her heart started to beat quickly and for a moment, Sora thought she was having a fit again. It was a weird feeling.

Another weird feeling of familiarity.

❥stop.

Both of them didn’t know.

They didn’t know that their lockers were just opposite each other.

Side by side.

And that feeling was because, Sora had the same heart.

1 year ago.

 

 


 

Really sorry i went on a long mia :s hopefully you didn't unsubscribe? I actually continued writing this again because of aleric. I feel bad for not starting after he did that beautiful poster. This is also to June and Cessie who are there supporting me for times i felt so down. c; Also, my exams are over so i'm planning a comeback! I missed my 2nd anniversary here on 16 feb. Okay fine. ._. no one reminded me. (joking haha i don't know myself). Sorry for the suspense and well, hope that was a good chapter! :) Seeya!