`» lost

Alike Heartbeats

 

`» lost

❥play.

Jae Bum and Su Yeon held hands together tightly as they walked down the streets of Myeong-dong that sold many things. Both of them chuckled happily while they casually looked at items sold along the street. “Yah, try this.” Su yeon picked up a pair of black geek specs and handed it to Jae Bum. Jae Bum put it on and pinched Su Yeon’s cheek. He then scanned through the different specs displayed. Jae Bum took a pink coloured geek specs and placed it gently on Su Yeon. Su Yeon smiled and gave him a peace sign. “Let’s take these.” JaeBum winked. He then passed a couple of notes to the shop owner. It was a bright and tranquil summer morning, the 3rd anniversary for both of them. Jae Bum then led Su Yeon to a near-by playground and told her to sit on the swing.

“Do you still remember how we first met?” Jae Bum took Su Yeon’s hand and kissed it. Su Yeon nod her head and breathed in deeply. “3 years ago, right at this place, you told me to sit on the swing and then boom! You kneeled down and gave me a bouquet of flowers.” Jae Bum went closer to Su Yeon. He touched her cheek softly and stared intensely at her eyes. “Saranghae, jagiya.” He closed his eyes and kissed her.

❥pause.

“Her condition is not optimistic, she has to get a heart transplant within this week or she may not last long.” The doctor told Sora’s aunt. Upon hearing the misfortune news, she collapsed to the ground. Her beloved niece that she had adored and looked after for almost 10 over years, was on her death bed. As much as she wanted to lend a helping hand to poor Sora, there was nothing she could do other than to wait for a suitable donor.

Sora’s aunt sat next to her niece’s hospital bed, holding her hand in anxiety. Sora was still in coma over the mini heart attack she got this morning. Although Sora crossed the danger border, but it does not mean the end of her suffering. It only stops- after one donates the suitable heart to her.

❥play.

“Give me the rubber band.” Jae bum brushed through his girlfriend’s silky long hair. He took a small portion of her hair and slowly plaited it. Su yeon blushed in bright red as some kids that walked pass pointed and giggled at them. “Shall we have kids in the future?” Su Yeon asked. “Mhmm, sure. I want a daughter that looks like you.” Jae Bum tied up her hair and kissed Su Yeon’s cheek. 

Jae Bum was any girl’s dream boyfriend. He would go shopping with you, make you feel wanted, and did the corniest things on earth. He would carefully prepare romantic surprises to make his girlfriend happy. He was loyal, but sometimes very demanding. He would want his girlfriend to always be by his side- it wasn’t a bad thing but for girls like Su yeon who was headstrong, may be kind of a problem. Jae Bum did his best to give in to his girlfriend. Anyways, if everyone took a step back it would save a lot of problems right?

“Listen to this.” Su Yeon passed Jae Bum a earpiece attached to her MP3. It was a song she had composed by herself. The song was soothing and calming, with Su Yeon’s attractive voice on the guitar. “For me?” Jae Bum placed the MP3 close to his chest. Su Yeon gave a slight nod and messed Jae Bum’s hair.

❥pause.

Sora opened her eyes with difficulty, trying to summarize her surroundings. There was white walls and the smell of medicine filled the air. “You finally woke up!” Her aunt touched her forehead lightly and smiled sheepishly as if it was forced. Sora with her pale face and dried lips muttered, “ What did the doctor say?” Her aunt just pretended not to hear anything and started pouring a cup of water for Sora. She shook her head, “Nothing much. Don’t worry about it.”

Sora could not be bothered to quarrel since her body felt so weak and sore. But deep in her heart, she knew something was wrong and it may be her last few days anytime. Ever since a year ago, Sora got used to the fact of being teased and the sudden chest pains she got. But it did not stop her from living her dream- she still wanted to be a singer and won’t stop her dream until it was the end.

❥play.

Meanwhile, Jae Bum and Su Yeon were busy walking along the busy roads when Su Yeon’s geek specs dropped at the edge of the road. “Hold on, let me pick it up.” Su Yeon let go of Jae Bum and squatted on the edge of the road reaching out for the specs. Jae Bum felt a tinge of uneasiness that he could not explain. All of a sudden, Su Yeon fell forward by leaning too much and was already on part of the road. “Bang!”

Jae Bum watched in horror as her slim, petite figure flew a few meters away as the motorcyclist laid unconscious on the road. Stunned for a moment, he stood there unable to do anything. The loud bang caused many passer-bys to stare in shock and crowd around Su Yeon who was bleeding continuously. Jae Bum’s legs seemed to have taken its own action as it ran towards Su yeon. Jae Bum kneeled on the ground, sobbing while holding the already lifeless hand in his warm palm.

 


 

If you actually read the pause and play parts carefully, you would realise that its talking about two different situations happening at the same time. In this case, Jae Bum and Su Yeon were both celebrating while Sora was admitted to the hospital. I typed this out one week before but didn't get the chance to post it. I didn't edit this chapter as well xD I know my grammer . okay bye :p