41

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

Satan bided his time. From where he was hiding, he had a perfectly clear view of the Empress’ palace. It was his palace not too long ago. His face was set in a permanent scowl as he was forced to relive the last moments leading to his death. Regret filling his being; he should have done something more to prevent Sora from coming into so much power. It was never meant to be that way.

He should have been the one still in command, with a clueless Empress eating out of his hand.

Now, he needed to find a way into the palace, unnoticed. He needed to figure out Sora’s weak points and where the palace was vulnerable for an attack. This all seemed so straightforward and simple. Until recently he had witnessed changed in the routines.

More guards were stationed, heavily armed. There were less demon departures. The air felt tense and Satan could literally taste the anxiety on his tongue.

The palace may be immune to vulnerability but he could tell Sora was weakening. His blood ran through her veins and in the back of his head, he could feel it. Her strength was draining. It was perfect. Everything was falling to place.

Perhaps things were looking up for him.

A suspicious rustle came from his left. Satan whipped his hand forward in offence, ready to attack. Shang, Kai’s father, emerged.

“You’re becoming paranoid,” Shang commented with a spiteful expression. Shang’s job description now entailed running errands for Satan and that was hardly what he was designed for.

“I have to take precautions,” Satan replied, turning back to the view of the palace, “I’m too close to what I want, for it to only be unfolded by a nosy demon. What do you have for me?”

Shang seemed hesitant at first. The new rumours going around Hell were still unconfirmed but surely, rumours as such do not appear out of thin air. Shang sighed, brushing a hand over his sharp blazer.

“It seems that the Empress is pregnant,” Shang informed, cursing in his head.

A crooked smile slowly worked its way through Satan’s lips. Smugness radiated off his face and his eyes were dancing with menace. This really was perfect.

“She is carrying a child?” Satan repeated, “Ah well, it won’t take a genius to figure out who the father is.”

Satan laughed, feeling a burst of victory.

“Oh my,” Satan paused, turning to look at Shang again, “Kai will hate you even more for compromising your grandchild.”

Shang growled lowly, his brows creasing and lips dipping in a frown, “It’s your grandchild too. Are you so power hungry that you would ignore that fact?”

Satan looked amused at Shang’s attempt of tapping into his conscience. His didn’t have one though.

“The baby is nothing to me,” Satan retorted, “The girl is filth, just like her mother, and that baby will be too.”

Shang took in a deep breath to calm himself down.

“I will no longer be of service to you,” Shang announced, causing confusion in Satan.

Shang shimmered away, disappearing into thin air. It was too late to undo his actions but he would find a way to fix it.

 

Sora pushed her plate of food. It looked incredible but her tastes were altered and messing with her stomach. She couldn’t eat anything unless it was completely covered in syrup. Kai sat across her, his face contorting slightly as he watched Sora lift a spoonful of over spilling golden syrup that seemed to have lavishly coated a potato chip.

“Are you sure it’s safe to be eating that?” Kai asked, still with a wary expression on his face.

Sora nodded enthusiastically, “Absolutely. I like it, the baby likes it. What could be so unsafe about this?”

Kai raised an eyebrow, “Maybe because you’re consuming a hundred and fifty percent of your sugar allowances on that spoon.”

“What are you trying to get at?” Sora asked, mindlessly having another bite of her odd concoction of foods.

“I don’t know. Doesn’t too much sugar get stored as fat or something?” Kai replied without thinking. Sora looked up at him with a dark look in her eyes.

“Are you saying I’m going to get fat?”

Sora put her spoon down and crossed her arms over her chest.

Kai’s eyes widened, trying to carefully pick out his words.

“No…”

“So you’re saying I’m already fat?” Sora raised her voice slightly.

“No! Definitely not!” Kai protested but it was too late. The damaged had been done. Sora’s bottom lip wobbled and her eyes were glistening over.

“It’s fine,” She sniffed, turning her head away, “Why would you love a fat blob like me, who consumes three times as much as her body weight just for the sake of it?”

Kai smiled slightly and got up from his seat. He crouched down in front of Sora. One eyebrow plucked up on his face and his smile became mischievous.

“Who says I loved you in the first place?” Kai challenged.

A bright wash of pink coloured Sora’s face. She felt like sliding away and burying herself into a hold of despair. She wasn’t meant to feel like that but with Kai around, her emotions were unpredictable. She pursed her lips tightly before responding so abruptly.

“Well, I love you.” Sora admitted, “And if you don’t feel the same way then I rather you didn’t mock me about it and that you simply leave my room and never enter, unless you want me to make a display of your torture in the heart of the city.”

A laughed erupted from Kai and he sought after Sora’s hands and held them as he calmed his shaking shoulders.

“That may be the best confession I’ve received,” Kai enlightened, lifting himself up swiftly to plant his lips on Sora. His tongue tasted the sweetness of the syrup and at the sticky sauce left on her lips.

He smacked his lips as he pulled away, liking the way the golden syrup melted into the kiss.

“You taste good,” Kai’s eyes glanced at the clock and frowned, “I promised to meet with the General for you.”

Kai rose up to his feet and gave a final smile, “I’ll be back soon.”

Sora sighed, touching her lips in the process, knowing full well he hadn’t said it back.

 

Kai pushed forward to the Battle Room, following the careful instructions of Sora’s on how to get there and what to ask of the General. He pushed past the door and already seated was an armoured male with a heavy looking helmet on.

“You must be the General,” Kai stated formerly.  He strode over while the other stood up. The General placed both hands on his helmet, lifting it off his head.

“Chen?!” Kai exclaimed, grabbing hold of his friend and embracing him tightly, “I thought you were dead! How the hell did you become the General?”

Chen gave Kai and triumphant smile and tossed the helmet on the table, “I’m more than just a pretty face you know.”


 

I thought I'd make a nice chapter for once. xD

I hope you like it

Did anyone guess the General was Chen?? I thought some might....

 

ANYHOO, just to clarify, SATAN IS NOT TAKING OVER SORA'S BABY ETC ETC

That would be wierd and cringe...just ew...Sora giving birth to her father...bleughhh

 

I joined instagram today o.o

Follow me...and I'll follow you :DDDD

@nyaasmin