29

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

{Part 1}

The drip drop of water echoed in the room. It wasn’t really a room though. The walls were jagged and rocky, with shimmering water sliding off and falling onto the concrete floor. She felt tired. Her arms ached, rope burns on her wrist stung and her back was bruised and painful. She was coming around, finding her consciousness. A small whimper left her lips and she hissed; she was sure there was a cracked rib there too.

It was coming back to her. Bit by bit.

 

“There all down,” Aria whispered, heaving a small sigh of relief. That one spell had taken up a lot of her energy. It would take a few minutes before she was charged up and ready.

“Good, let’s go then,” Chen began to lead, “I remember the way to the throne room. That’s probably where we should look first.”

All four began tip-toeing cautiously around the palace grounds, stepping over fallen warriors who were slumped against walls or laying recklessly on floors, all sound asleep.

“How long before they wake up?” Sora whispered, feeling the need to keep up with the silence.

“It’ll last for a couple of hours, three at the most considering that there are so many of them,” Aria explained, “But keep your eyes open for any that may have not been affected by the spell.”

Sora nodded, clutching on to Kai’s hand. He gave her a small squeeze, keeping her close to him.

 

She lifted her head, evaluating her surroundings. Her arms ached because they were tied above her head. She was hanging on a hook like a piece of meat. She struggled frantically, trying to wriggle out of the ropes and find an escape. Her eyes swept across her dungeon.

It was nothing like she had ever seen. Empty shackles and chains were dotted across the rough walls. There was no natural light; just a single wooden torch fixed at the opposite end with a glowing, fluttering flame. That repetitive dripping sound was all she heard. No speech, footsteps or any signs of the others.

That reminded her. Where were they?

 

Kai burst the door open. That definitely left Satan dumbstruck in his ridiculous throne. There were still a few walking guards in the room with him. Chen leapt out and struck them ruthlessly with cracking bolts of lightning.

“That’s right! That’s what happens when you man-handle me like that!” Chen hissed, a smirk of triumph on his face.

Satan stood up hastily, a furious expression on his face that was slowly deepening in the colour red. He began to chuckle, “Pathetic, the lot of you. Do you really think you can survive my wrath?”

Kai stepped forward, an air of confidence emanating from him. His face was stoic and his shoulders were tense. Sora was panicking inside. What was she thinking? There was no way she was fit to battle with anything, let alone supernatural beings.

Satan stepped down from the raised platform and held out his arms, “Give me all you’ve got!”

 

She yelled. Her voice was scratchy and worn as if she’s been screaming at the highest volume for the longest of times. She yelled for help. Someone had to have heard her. Someone had to get her out. Her chest was drumming in terror as her eyes frantically looked for anything that could aid.

“Help!” She cried again, felt like it was being torn apart. She coughed violently to stop the irritation but it only made it worse. Her rasping voice no longer could voice her please. She could no longer demand she be released.

Sobs overwhelmed her body entirely until she was wringing her hands in her restraints out of frustration, trying to pull them out. She heaved out heavy, angry breaths.

“Let me out!” She cracked. Her voice came as a mere whisper. She wanted something to soothe the burning of , to calm her heart, to embrace her till she stopped shaking.

“Be...quiet...” Another voice whispered in the dead atmosphere. Her head snapped in the direction of the ghostly voice. There was someone she had over looked, hadn’t even noticed. Her eyes focused more, trying to find a figure in the darkness.

She didn’t find a figure. No, she found three others.

 

It was a war zone. Scorching balls of fire were being thrown back and forth. Electric currents shot through the air and fizzing balls of energy were targeted at the enemy. Sora and Aria were shielded behind a chunk of the ceiling that had fallen on the ground.

Kai was hidden behind another pile of rubble near the centre while Chen a few feet away, next to a thick pillar.

Sora felt useless. What could she possibly do? She needed to get close to Satan if she wanted to use the only power she knew she had. Aria closed her eyes, mumbled all sorts of chants to increase Kai’s and Chen’s power. She levitated objects and threw them in Satan’s direction. She was helping!

Sora groaned and stood idly with simply nothing to do. She wanted to help too! This was just as much her battle as everyone else’s.

She looked around for anything that could trigger an idea.

There was an ear splitting groan and a cackle of laughter.

“You’re going to regret ever defying me Kai!” Satan roared. Kai clutched onto his arm, his face contorted into a grimace.

“Kai!” Sora shouted in alarm. She bolted across, knowing full well she would be exposed to Satan.

Aria called after her but there was nothing stopping her. She missed a flying sphere of flames by a mere inch and slid next to Kai.

“What the hell are you doing?” Kai scolded, “You could’ve gotten yourself killed.”

Sora remained chose not to reply and removed the hand that was hiding his wound. The smell of burnt flesh assaulted her nose but she stomached it well.

“Why aren’t you healing up Kai?” She asked, beginning to panic.

“Calm down, it doesn’t even hurt.”  Kai assured.

There was an odd tingling sensation itching in Sora’s palm and a blue, sparkling light glowed from it. She waved her hand over the wound as if it was the most normal thing to do. The glow turned an topaz, golden colour as the wound began to close up, leaving just a gaping hole in Kai’s shirt.

“Wow...” Sora whispered. She the new skin tentatively. She smiled and kissed Kai’s lips, “Be more careful.”

 

“Who’s there?” She called. She heard the scrap of metal against rock. She tried to edge away, as if there was some way she could get away from whatever was hiding in the dark. What was worse was that there were three of them, whatever they were.

A small blip of bitter laughter was heard, “We’re your siblings, if you are who I think you are.”

Sora shook her head, whimpering softly, “No, they’re dead. Stop lying!”

The figure scoffed, “Do you think I have the energy to lie to you? The three of us have been here for centuries. Satan didn’t kill us. He was waiting for you. The prophecy that’s been told is a fake one. Yes, he’s destined to have four children but we aren’t destined to kill him and over throw him.”

“What?” Sora gasped. “But...what...I—I don’t understand.”

Sora’s eyes were finally getting used to the dark. Her eyes caught a few features of withered face, whose eyes were sunken and skin gripping onto their bones snugly. The face looked so dead.

“We four are destined for something much worse! He’s going—” The voice stopped and she knew why. There were footsteps coming.


 

The second part will be in the next update! It will explain everything!

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think :DDD