Chapter 8

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

“Oh my god, did something bad happen to noona?” Tao panicked, pacing back and forth in the lobby.

It was already a new day and there was still no sign of you. And the worst part of it all was Kris was now missing too.

The younger Huang began to feel guilty recalling the last words he had uttered to his brother-in-law.

He soon started scolding himself silently because at least when the angry bird was there he had the power to hire a whole rescue team to search for his sister.

But now—now that idea wasn’t possible.

“Hey Tao,” Sehun greeted once he stepped out of the elevator.

Tao turned to him with his signature glare before continuing to panic. “Aish, now I’m going to have to go look for them alone.”

He assumed this because he believed the only reason any of the other guys bothered to search for you was because Kris ordered them to.

And now that he was gone as well, Tao was positive they wouldn’t do squat.

“Don’t worry, we’ll find your sister and hyung soon.” Sehun promised placing a comforting hand on the latter’s shoulder.

“Yeah right.” Tao scoffed, shrugging him off. “You rich people only care about your kind.” He spat before marching out, prepared to search for you.

Sehun was a bit shocked at his stereotyping and prejudicial comment and at the same time hurt. He and the guys were nothing like that.

Okay, at times they would flaunt off their newest cars or latest electronics but they weren’t that bad. It was just in their manly nature to do childish things like that.

It couldn’t be helped. They were always competitive with each other.

Besides, they weren’t like those arrogant and narcissistic wealthy stiff-necks who thought they were better than everyone else.

No, they were raised better than that.

Also being friends with each other is what balanced everything out between them. In a way, the eleven males balanced and checked each other sort of like the American governmental system.

Sehun sighed and shook his head and soon after, the rest of his hyungs joined him.

“Hey, where’d that panda go?” Chen chortled as he looked out through the exit doors. “OW!” he yelped for he had just been pinched by Xiumin who sent him a firm look. He held his hands up in surrender, “Okay, sorry.”

“He went to look for noona and hyung.” The maknae reported.

“Ah seriously,” Kai groaned. “How could hyung get lost too?”

“Maybe he found her.” Suho theorized, trying to be optimistic.

“But if he did, don’t you think they would be back by now?” Lay cut in.

“What if they got lost together and a serial axe murderer got to them!” Baekhyun shrieked. This time Luhan swatted the back of his head.

“There is no serial axe murderer here, you nitwit.” Luhan scowled.

“How would you know!?” Baekhyun retorted, comforting the sore spot.  

This time Luhan raised his fist causing the younger boy to flee and hide behind Chanyeol, the towering giant. “Baby.” He snorted.

“Whatever abusive person.” Baekhyun shot back as he stuck his tongue out at him.

“You guys are childish,” Lay snickered. And before Luhan or Baekhyun could defend themselves, they didn’t have the chance to do so.

“We should really go looking for them now. Who knows what could have happened to them overnight.” Xiumin pointed out.

“Yeah,” they agreed.

“Kris hyung isn’t an outdoorsy person either. So he’s probably hiding underneath a rock or something.” Chen commented but no one was in the mood to laugh even though there was a possibility that it could be happening as they speak.

“We’ll split up into pairs. Meet back here by noon to see how we’ve progressed. Hopefully one of us will be able to find them.” Suho announced.

“Okay!” the nine of them chorused but then Sehun realized something.

“What about Tao?” he piped up. “Should we find him too?”

Suho thought about it for a moment and sighed. “Chen and I will go and find him and he will be part of our team.”

Everyone gasped.

“What if he eats you guys?!” Kai exclaimed.

Luhan massaged his temples, “What have you and Baekhyun been watching?”

The two mention parties exchanged glances and shuddered.

“We’ll be fine,” Suho assured. He glanced at Chen who was wearing a frown.

“I don’t want to be with that kid. It’s so awkward. I feel like if I say something, anything he will take it offensively.” He complained.

“Well then I’ll go with Suho.” Xiumin suggested and soon enough the two of them went off to find Tao.

The rest of the boys stood in the lobby and looked at each other. “So who’s going to be my partner?” Chen grinned.

They coughed and then followed the duo out. “Yah!” he harr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter