Chapter 7

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris's POV

I came back from the meeting around lunchtime.

When I got back to the hotel room I realized she wasn’t there. I tried calling her but she didn’t pick up.

 I head down to the pool assuming that she’d be with the boys.

Luhan had texted me and said that they’d be there all day.

When I got there I found everyone, even Tao.

He was sitting on a lounging chair with earphones put in. He saw me walking over and sat up, taking the earphones out.

“Where’s your sister?”

He blinked.

“I haven’t seen her all morning. Noona’s probably still sleeping.”

I shook my head. “She’s not in the room.”

He gave me a pointed look before taking his phone out of his pocket.

“My phone’s dead. Forgot the charger.”

I scowled to myself for his incompetence.

I took out my phone and called the Laundromat. “Yeobosayo?”

“Ah neh. I was calling to see if anyone had come by to pick up my dry-cleaning.”

I frowned. “I see. That’s all then. Thank you.”

I hung up. “She didn’t do her job.”

I heard Tao tsked. I looked at him. “What?”

“You really expect her to do your errands when this is supposed to be her honeymoon?”

“But she’s normally punctual. I don’t have to tell her and she’ll have it done anyways.”

My remark sounded very egotistical, I know. But it was true. Huang Xin Lei knew how to do her job well and doing things without being asked was one of her best qualities.

If I had to ask then she would have it done immediately. It wasn’t like her to not do it as soon as I asked her to.

I came to the conclusion that something was wrong.

Whether it be by observation or by instinct, it just didn’t sit well with me.

“My noona is your wife, not just your secretary.”

I glared at him. “That’s exactly what I am saying. I know my wife and I am saying that it’s not like her to not get things done. She always answers her phone within the first ring. And she’ll always tell someone where she’s going so that I don’t have to wonder.” I growled. I don’t know what got into me, but I knew that everything that I had just said was true.

Tao must have known that I was being serious because he stood up. “Let’s go find her.”

“What’s going on hyung?”

Chen and the rest suddenly appeared.

“Miss Hu—I mean Lei is missing, we’re going to go find her.”

The boys looked at each other.

“We’ll come too.” Xiumin decided.

My gut told me that she would tell the front desk, considering she didn’t leave a note in the hotel room and didn’t text anyone about her whereabouts.

Relief washed through me when the lady at the desk pulled out a note that I could tell was written in her handwriting.

Gone for a hike, be back by lunch. –HXL

I frowned. It was well past lunch and she was not back yet, otherwise she would have had the desk toss the note.

We went out the start of the trail. “Let’s split up here. Keep your phones on and if you can’t find her by sundown then just head back. Tao, you go back to the hotel and wait there in case she comes back. Arrasso?”

Everyone nodded, but Tao was not pleased. “I want to look for Noona too.”

“Your phone is dead.” I pointed out.

“Doesn’t matter I can still—“

“Huang Zi Tao.” I gave him a pointed look.

He gritted his teeth and stepped towards me. “If you can’t find her then don’t bother coming back.” He turned and stomped back.

I turned to the others. Everyone threw their hands up in surrender and started towards the trail.

Aish this girl… Why would she go out all alone in the woods? Is she not aware of all the weirdos out there?

I made a mental note of what to scold her on once I find her.

Suddenly, I hear a man’s laughter along with some rustling leaves. I felt my muscles stiffen as I walked over to the rustling. I crept behind a tree and found a man hold a familiar white phone with a camera strapped around his neck. He was looking through pictures on the phone.

As he swiped, I saw a picture of Xin Lei with her arm around her brother at some restaurant.

I felt my teeth clenched as I yanked the man up but the collar so that he was facing me.

He looked at me with surprise and fear.

“Where is she?” I snarled as I yanked the phone from him. I slammed his back to the tree and pinned him.

“S-she took off into t-he woods.” He strained. I pushed against him harder.

“Which direction?”

He brought his ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter