Chapter 6

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Kris woke up a little disoriented. His alarm had gone off and it was time for him to get ready to have breakfast with a renowned architect and contractor.

Still tired, he forced himself to sit up and stretch.

As he was doing so, his hand hit a warm body. He looked down in surprise.

You groaned and shifted your position on your bed.

Kris then remembered that he had moved you over to the bed last night.

He smiled a little upon see one of your foot stick out the blanket, your hair in your face, and your arm hanging off the bed. She sleeps as if she were dead.

Quietly, he pulled the covers off himself and headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

When he was done, he came back out and changed. I should probably leave her a note.

 ~*~

You woke up to the warm sunlight hitting your face. You brought your arm up to shield your eyes and slowly opened them to try to adjust to the sudden bright light.

“This bed is so soft…” you mumbled as you laid back down and pulled the blanket up.

Wait… This bed!

Your eyes shot open and you sat up at a dizzying speed.

You looked around menacingly trying to locate that husband of yours. You turned your head to the left and found a note on the table.

After putting on your glasses, you read the note.

Miss Huang, I have gone to a meeting. Help yourself to some breakfast.

P.S. Please pick up my dry-cleaning as well.

You scoffed as you crumpled the note and tossed it somewhere in the room. “Dumb idiot. What kind of honeymoon is this?” you cursed him under your breath as you got out of bed.

After you had freshened up and changed you came back out. “First things first. Food.” You decided. “I should probably call Tao.”

You went over to the table and picked up your phone and called the first person on your speed dial. After several rings, however, the line led you straight to voicemail. Aish… Don’t tell me he’s still sleeping.

Deciding to eat by yourself, you left the room and went downstairs to the restaurant.

As you walked in you could see that people were giving you curious glances and whispering about you to their neighbors.

You looked down at yourself, feeling a little self-conscious.

Am I still wearing my pajamas? Do I have drool on my face? Why are they staring like that?

You fiddled with your hands and felt a ring on your left hand. That’s when you remembered.

Realizing that they had probably recognized you to be President Wu’s new bride, you sighed and forced yourself to walk in with confidence.

“G-good morning Mrs. Wu, what can I get you?” you heard someone say as you flipped through the menu.

You stopped reading and waited for an answer, hoping to get an idea of what was good on this menu.

“Mrs. Wu?”

You looked up to see a waiter standing above you.

“Omo!” You jumped back into your seat surprise, causing him to back up as well.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” He bowed frantically.

You pointed at yourself. “M-me? Were you talking to me just now?”

“N-neh Mrs. Wu. Would you l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter