Chapter 50

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

       ♪♪♪

Five months later.

“Whose bright idea was this again?” Sehun huffed as he removed his hat and scarf.

“Kris’s.” Luhan replied with a chuckle.

“Seriously. What kind of vacation is this?” Kai complained, shrugging off his jacket. “When he suggested we all go on a vacation, I was thinking something along the lines of us being on the beautiful shorelines of Hawaii watching hot girls strut around half or something. Not this.”

“Oh stop you’re whining.” Chen ordered. “A vacation’s a vacation. Isn’t it good enough that we’re all together again?”

“Yeah, you kids don’t know how to appreciate anything nowadays.” Lay chided, shaking his head in disapproval.

“We are not kids.” Sehun argued adamantly. “Nor are we complaining. I’m just saying that it would have been nice if hyung had given us a heads-up on our destination. I had to buy an entire new wardrobe when I got here.”

“He sent us an e-mail. Didn’t you check it?” Kyungsoo questioned.

“The e-mail? Who the heck checks that thing nowadays? Definitely not me.” Sehun announced.

“I don’t know about you guys but I like it here. It’s relaxing and the view is just breathtaking.” Suho pointed out as he walked over to the large window.

Outside, everything was white. From the ground to the trees. Everything was blanketed in a thick layer of snow.

The environment seemed to be undisturbed and at peace, making it all the more serene.

“But he doesn’t even know how to ski or snowboard. I doubt he likes it here.” Baekhyun snorted.

“He might not like it but I can think of someone who does.” Suho smiled.

It was a week before Christmas and as a little treat, Kris had decided to plan this small getaway for everyone.

They had gone to Konjiam Resort, one of the largest ski and snowboard hotspots in the country. He had managed to rent the two nicest and biggest cabins there—which also happened to be the ones furthest away from the slopes.

This provided the fourteen of them with privacy and calamity if they needed it.

When Kris had first brought up the idea to his close friends, they were more than surprised. For as long as they had known the Chinese-Canadian male, never once had he been the one to willingly suggest that they should all take a break from work.

Usually it was them who had to drag him out of his office. To Kris, there was always more work that needed to be done and more things in the company that could be improved upon.

If he could, they were positive that he’d live in his office. That was how attached he was to his business.

Kris was never a person who liked trying new things: he didn’t fancy venturing out into the unknown, he didn’t like chaos or disorder. If he didn’t know how to do something, he simply didn’t bother with it. And he especially did not like wasting his time on leisurely things when he could be doing something productive.

But as his dear friends thought about it now, Kris had become a different person, which was a good thing.

Now he was more open-minded about trying new things. He didn’t lock himself up in his office, drowning himself in piles and piles of work. He wasn’t so insistent and about things being done a certain a way.  And most importantly, Kris was learning to live life to the fullest.

In the last year, they’ve noticed that he’s become more expressive with his emotions.

He’s come to understand that there is more to life than what he had been taught as a child: that he could have fun and still be successful.

He could still love and be loved unconditionally and wholeheartedly. And the person who taught him all of these things was you, Huang Xinlei. You were the woman who had managed to turn Kris Wu’s life upside down for the better.

Because of you, Kris had become someone he never thought he’d be able to become—a smitten man who would do anything to see the woman he loved smile.

Because of you, he was able to experience a love like no other. A love he hoped would last for a lifetime. A love he never wanted to loser ever again. You had become the world to Kris. No, you had become his world.

He couldn’t imagine a day without you by his side. It was too agonizing and painful for him to even think about.

Never in his life had Kris felt this way towards anyone, not even Yoojung. Maybe this was fate. Maybe this was supposed to happen. Perhaps he was never meant to marry Im Yoojung after all. In a way her, sudden disappearance was a blessing in disguise because it had brought the two of you together. He was thankful she chose to leave him because now he knew for a fact that you were the love of his life. Nobody else.

You were the piece of the puzzle that completed him. The one person he was meant to be with for as long as he lived. His destiny. And he was going to make sure you’d never forget that either.

~*~

“Are you okay, Kris? I told you that if you need to break you have to lean back on your heels. Now look at yourself. Are you hurt anywhere? Do you think you can walk? Should I call for a doctor? Maybe we should go back now.” You panicked as you examined him for any injuries. You didn’t see any blood, which was definitely a good sign.

“I’m fine, Lei.” Your husband smiled as he unbuckled the straps and pulled the snowboard off. “Come on. I want to try again.” Then he climbed to his feet and tucked the board under his arm.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” You stated reluctantly.

“Why not? Are you not having fun? But Tao told me you loved snowboarding.” He questioned with his eyebrows furrowed.

“I do,” you nodded. “But you don’t.”

“I don’t hate it.” He rebutted almost immediately. “It’s just I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter