Chapter 49

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

The boy’s face was smeared with a mean and piqued scowl as he glared openly at the man seated across from him.

The atmosphere was tense, needless to say, and you couldn’t help but nervously chew on your bottom lip.

You altered your eyes from Kris then back to Tao.

You might have forgiven your husband but it was a completely different story with your little brother.

“And why should I accept him again?” Tao questioned coldly, only conversing with you.

Ever since the two of you had showed up to his school, he had acted like Kris wasn’t even there.

“Tao,” you let out chidingly. It was really rude of him to behave in such an ill manner but then again you couldn’t blame him. You knew he was only looking out for you.

It’s what Tao always did.

“I’m being serious here, noona.” He replied with his arms folded up against his chest.

“This angry bird has been nothing but detrimental towards you. If you go back and stay with him again who knows what other crazy could take place in the future. I don’t want to risk it.”

“Tao, I know what you’re trying to say. I really do but can’t you rethink this? Yifan hasn’t been the world’s best husband but everyone makes mistakes. Nobody’s perfect, can’t you forgive him this one time?” You pleaded, gazing at him with hopeful eyes.

“I don’t want to.” Tao declared sternly.

“He should’ve believed in you and not that stupid secretary of his. If it wasn’t for Xiumin hyung finding you who knows what could have happened! You could have died and it would have been his fault!” He boomed his voice laced with much condemnation.

Kris flinched at the volume of the younger male’s voice and hung his head down low.

He felt really ashamed and disappointed in himself because a part of him knew that Tao was right.

He, too, actually understood where the younger Huang was coming from.

“But I’m perfectly fine, Huang Zitao!” You shouted defensively, more than a little frustrated that he was determined on being this stubborn.

It looked like it was a trait that ran through the family.  

Next, you shot up to your feet and stomped your left foot like a child while you threw your arms down to your sides. “You’re being unreasonable.” You huffed.

Tao glanced at Kris for a brief second before he returned his attention back to you. An eyebrow was quirked upwards as he continued to watch you in silence.

Then he burst out into a thunderous laugh, taking you and Kris both by astonishment.

After, he climbed to his feet and clapped his hands, his boisterous chortles still resonating through the room.

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion and cocked your head to the side.

You were definitely bewildered by your brother’s abrupt shift in attitude.

“What are you laughing at?” You pondered, curious to know his answer.

“You,” he replied honestly as he tucked his hands into the back pockets of his jeans.

“Me?” You pointed at your face. “Why are you laughing at me? This is not a time to laugh. This is serious, Tao.”

“I know it is.” He agreed without hesitance. “But can you blame me? You would laugh if you were me too.” He pointed out, the corners of his lips still curled upwards into a smile.

“You should really see yourself now, Lei. You look just like a little kid who was just told by her parents that she couldn’t have ice cream because it would spoil her dinner.”

Your jaw immediately dropped at his ridiculous comparison. “What? I do not!” You argued.

“You totally do.” He protested, amused. “And to be honest with you, it was kind of cute. I’ve never witnessed you act so… immature before.”

“I was not acting immature.” You spoke through gritted teeth.

You hated the word cute but you hated it even more when it was used to describe you or your actions.  

“But you were. You were pouting and sulking like a complete baby who didn’t get her way. You’ve never done any of that stuff before because of your pride and to see you do it now just because I won’t forgive Kris ge is definitely something worth notin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter