Chapter 42

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris's POV

Awkward.

That would be the one word that would describe the situation I was currently in perfectly.

It was completely silent between the two of us as we sat there in the small café we often came to before the wedding.

Of course the scenery brought back dozens of memories flooding into my head and I believe that’s exactly why she chose here out of all places to come and talk.

“How have you been, Wu Fan?” Yoojung questioned gently, breaking the silence between us.

I didn’t answer right away as I looked at her with a blank expression.

Was this a hallucination of mine or was the woman I had been head over heels in love with really sitting in front of me right now?

She’s as beautiful as I remembered her to be but for some reason, I don’t feel my heart skip or flutter like the way it used to.

"I've been fine," I answered but truth be told I actually felt like crap. 

No it want because of Yoojung. It was because of Xinlei. 

How crazy and absurd can this get? 

Here I am sitting with the woman I was supposed to marry four months ago. The woman I thought owned my heart but instead of asking her why she left me or what she was doing here, all I could think about was her. 

Huang--no that's not right. It's Wu. Here I am thinking about Wu Xinlei, the woman I had married four months ago.

The woman who had stuck by me through thick and thin when nobody else did.

The woman who has been by my side for god knows how long. 

The woman, who although might be stubborn as heck, went out of her way for the people she held dear to her heart. 

The same woman who couldn't even prepare a proper breakfast and thought a meal from McDonald's would be the same. 

The woman who managed to mend my broken heart and teach me how to smile again. 

But Lei wasn't just any woman.

No, she was the first woman I ever felt comfortable being with. The only person I could be myself around without the fear of being judged or criticized hanging in the back of my mind.

She was the woman who had stolen my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter