Chapter 36

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

Tao watched you carefully. You walked from the closet to the bed as you transferred the articles of clothing from the hangers to a suitcase.

“Lei…” Tao grabbed your wrist, causing you to stop forcing clothes into the suitcase’s dimensions. “What… happened? When I last saw you two, you and Kris were really happy.”

You angrily tried to force your clothes into the suitcase again but to no avail. The clothes you brought along no longer fit what it came in. Out of frustration, you swiped your arms and knocked everything onto the ground in one sharp motion.

You ruffled your hair and turned away from your brother.

As soon as you left Kris’s office you had immediately headed home.

The help were all surprised by your sudden appearance. You hadn’t been home for several days and they had heard about your unfortunate situation. And to top it all off, you were very, very unpleasant the minute you stepped through the door.

Without sparing any of your usual greetings, you shoved past whoever stood in your way and headed to your shared bedroom.

Even your younger brother was at a loss. He had never seen you behave in such a way and he hated that the only thing he could do was watch as you attempted to pack your stuff.

“It’s all wrong Tao. I just can’t do this anymore. I am so sorry. I just—“  You stopped yourself from speaking when your voice cracked. Tao stepped forward and pulled you into a hug.

“Why are you apologizing?”

You sobbed into your brothers chest and shook your head. “I don’t know! But I’m sorry, this was a mistake. A-a very big mistake.”

Tao hugged you tighter and kissed the crown of your head. “I don’t even think you believe your own words.”

You didn’t respond as you continued to cry.

“So what are you going to do now? Just get up and leave?”

Tao looked around couple bedroom.

There was a pillow and a blanket folded neatly on the couch. On the bed, it was obvious that only half of it was used and the other side had been untouched.

The only picture of the two of you together was the one that was hanging and it was your wedding picture.

It suddenly dawned on him that the beautiful, happy front that the two of you displayed was just a façade. It was quite a sham. Even he wouldn’t have known.

“Lei,” he said softly as he rubbed your back. “You must have had a hard time.”

He pulled you away and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. “Why didn’t you tell me that you and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter