Chapter 3

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

“Someone get me that bouquet!”

“Ahjussi, please put that over there.”

“Yeobosayo? Where are you? I don’t care if you have a flat, you have 30 minutes to get here before I sue you for your incompetence.”

“Is the bride here yet?! She needs to go get changed and get her—”

“Yah! What are you two doing? Get to work!”

Oy, what am I doing?

It was still pretty early and you still hadn’t had your morning coffee. To make things even better, you were only running on three hours worth of sleep.

You continued to bustle frantically as you made sure everything was in its place. When all the hustle had calmed down, you allowed yourself to loosen up a bit and went on a personal coffee run.

You thanked the lady and took your latte over to one of the tables near the window. Today was a rainy day. Nothing too violent, just light rain. The soft pitter patter of the droplets made the deserted café less lonely.

You enjoyed this weather. Amongst all this madness it made you feel at peace. Rain was your source of solace; it always had been.

If it could only be like this forever, I would have no complaints.

Trying to get your mind off the wedding to relieve some stress, you took your pen from your purse and started to doodle on a napkin.

When you were done drawing a picture of the bride’s bouquet—which were eleven cream colored tulips, you decided that it was time to get back to work.

Standing up with a sigh, you decided it was time to walk back to the church where the couple was to officially tie the knot.

Once you got there, you went to the groom’s quarters where President Wu and his groomsmen were busy getting ready. You knocked on the door and tapped your foot impatiently while you waited for an answer.

You could hear indistinct shouting and loud crashing.

Finally, your patience got the better of you and your fist pounded against the door to make a loud thumping sound through the thick wood.

Suddenly, the door swung open without your knowledge and your fist pounded against someone’s broad chest.

He grunted from the impact of your fist, but managed to maintain his posture.

“Oh, President Wu.” You addressed formally, as if you had done nothing wrong. Which you hadn’t, he probably deserved it anyways. Bout time you answered, babo.

“Good morning, Miss Huang.” He opened the door wider to let you in.

I’d be better if I was at home sleeping, you stupid jerk.

You thought of voicing your opinion but just returned a curt nod.

You walked past the president and spotted 4 men scattered around the room. It appeared that they were playing monkey in the middle with what seems to be an antique ornament that was for show, courtesy of the church.

You turned to President Wu and exchanged glances. He shook his head whilst rubbing his temples meaning that he had given up trying to tame these guys.

You mentally rolled your eyes. Figures.

You cleared your throat.

They completely ignored you as the guy with the dimple tossed it to a mischievous looking guy with a smirk plastered on his face.

“Excus—” the ornament whizzed by, missing your nose by almost an inch. That did it.

“YAH! Sit down and act like real men!”

The guys jumped, even President Wu seemed a little startled.

The guy who had looked mischievous a little less than 5 seconds ago placed the ornament on the table and looked at you.

“Well, sit down.” You ordered as you nodded your head to the couch that was positioned in the middle of the room.

They all did as told. Even President Wu— which was surprising since the order wasn’t aimed at him.

Maybe I should be like this more often…

You walked over to the couch and stood in front of the male sitting on the left at the very end.

“Stand.”

He stood.

You examined him up and down. You noticed that he had very beautiful eyes. Nice and doe like. Almost like a deer’s. You held your index finger up and spun it in a circular motion, motioning him to turn around. When you were done inspecting, you nodded your head in approval and let him sit.

You moved on to the dimple-boy. Without having you ask, he stood up and smiled at you. His soft features made his dimple more prevalent. It was almost quite charming actually. You examined his suit and approved. Before you moved on to the next one, however you fixed his hair. To his dismay, it had been too messy for your taste.

The boy who had the mischievous smile stood up and looked back at you with a smirk. You told him to turn around and he fluidly allowed you a 360-degree inspection. You continued to stare at his face, causing him to wink at you. You held back your scoff as you grabbed his tie and pulled him closer to you. You positioned your lips closely to his ear.

The guys’ eyes widened from your actions. They didn’t expect you to be so bold.

 “Wipe that smirk off your face before it gets broken by my fist,” you whispered.

The guy up next happened to hear your threat and chuckled. You let this one go and turned to look at him.

Oh. It’s him.

“Do I pass?” he asked as he smiled at you and spun around.

You let out a sigh and took a step closer to him.

His tie was askew.

You let your hands travel up to his collar where the crown of the tie lay and fixed it for him.

“Now you do.”

He jokingly wiped the nonexistent sweat on his forehead. “Whew, that’s a relief.”

You chuckled a little.

“Well I guess now we’re even.”

He tilted his head a little and looked at you with curiosity.

“Even?”

“Even. You saved me from a drunk byuntae and I saved you from a fashion faux pas.”

He laughed. “I guess we’re even then. I’m Xiumin by the way.”

“And I have other things to do.” You replied as you turned your back to him and started walking over to your boss.

Xiumin watched as you walked away and chuckled. She’s an interesting character and looks like a whole new person.

“Very sharp, as usual.” You commented rather blandly as you examined President Wu’s appearance.

He gave you a nod and pulled you aside so that the others couldn’t here you.

“Have you seen Yoojung yet? How does she look?” he asked quietly with a hint of anxiousness in his voice.

You shook your head. “She has not arrived yet, sir.”

He frowned. “Alright then, I’ll go call her. Thank you, Miss Huang.”

President Wu walked away as he whipped out his phone to try to contact his soon-to-be-wife.

You bowed and left the quarters.

You journeyed your way to the front of the church where you scoped out where the florists had set up the flowers. You noticed that there were a handful of paparazzi camping out in front of the church, waiting to catch a glimpse the mysterious bride of Wu Yi Fan.

How is this a front-cover news story? You wondered as you scanned the sea of cameras.

Just as you walked back to the pews of the church, one of the workers ran up to you looking very nervous. “Secretary Huang! Thank goodness I found you. The dress has been delivered and the makeup artist and the hairstylist have already arrived. They want to know where the bride is!”

You scratched your head. To be honest, you knew everything about what was going with the wedding status. You were wearing a headset and a walkie talkie for goodness sakes. Nothing was slipped under your nose. Every minor detail was passed through you. Everyone was keeping you informed about everything. Everything except for the whereabouts of Im Yoojung. She was supposed to arrive an hour ago to change into her dress and get ready but as of right now she was MIA. Definitely not good.

“Where are the makeup artist and hairstylist now?” you asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter