Chapter 22

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!

Author's POV

       ♪♪♪

“You couldn’t pick a less crowded place?” You hissed at Kris as the two of you walked behind Xiumin and Baekhyun.

Everywhere you turned you were surrounded by people.

It felt so stuffy as somebody bumped into your shoulder and then it kept happening over and over again.

Your patience was really being tested. This was not how you imagined your little date to go.

It was like you were back at the club.  

You gritted your teeth and unconsciously moved closer to Kris.

He had decided to come to Myeongdong, one of the well-known shopping districts in South Korea.

And unfortunately, as always, it was swarming with bodies. People were rushing by with their bags like the world was about to end, not caring at all if they bump into anyone.

Honestly, you would have preferred going to a supermarket or something.

It was still shopping and there would have been people around as well to pose as witnesses.

“The more people who see us, the better it would be.” Kris murmured in response.

More bypassers streamed by you and you were sure your top was going to be blow off as your body jerked forward.

Someone crashed into you again and didn’t bother to apologize. Was it that hard to say sorry?

Why are these people so aggressive? You kept asking yourself. Was there some kind of once in a lifetime sale you didn’t hear about?

Cursing under your breath, you felt an arm suddenly wrapping around your waist.

You were about to rip the limb off until Kris tugged you even closer to his body. You could feel his warmth transferring to you.

You never realized how warm he was.

Next, your eyes fell to his hand which was resting comfortably on your waist.

Your heart thumped a little louder than normal and you gulped. “Remember, winner gets the bed and breakfast prepared for them.”

Kris peered down at you with a smile before he winked and looked straight ahead, not wanting to lose his friends.

The speedy beating steadied as your eye twitched. And you actually thought he was afraid of you getting hurt.

I’ll make sure you’re the one prepping me breakfast, Wu Yifan. Just you watch. Regaining your confidence, you held your head up high.

You were in it to win it now.

With your personal feelings set aside, you stealthy tucked one hand into his back pocket.

The latter’s eyes rounded as his neck snapped your way. “Prepare to lose, jagi.” You hummed sweetly as you smiled coyly at him.

Kris’s astonished face was then replaced with a sly smirk, corresponding to your current expression.

After your eyes widened when you felt his hand slip into one of your back pocket as well.

“It’s much more romantic if we both do it.” He stated with a challenging brow corked into the air.

You wanted to glare and scowl but instead you forced the corner of your lips to curl upwards as you smiled.

“Of course it is. My you’re just so darn cute.” You spoke insincerely as you pinched his cheek harshly.

Your pinching was hurting Kris but he suppressed his whimpering and returned the smile. “Just for you, sweetheart.” He spoke through clenched teeth.

“Aigooo, look at you two. I’m getting jealous.” Baekhyun whined with a pout.

He turned to Xiumin and latched onto his arm. “Hyung, I want a girlfriend to pinch my cheeks too.”

“Then go find one.” Xiumin replied bluntly.

“They’re just so cute I’m jealous. Noona, can you keep the PDA down? I don’t think my heart can take it.” He requested feebishly.

You glanced at him and lowered your arm. A sheepish smile sprawled across your face. “Mianhe, Baekhyun-ah. It’s just my bènbèn is too adorable, I can’t help it. Plus we barely get to go out on dates anymore.”

“Bèn?” Baekhyun paused.

“Bèn?” Xiumin finished.

You bit your tongue so your smile wouldn’t show as you cocked your head to the side. “What? Is something wrong? That’s my nickname for Yifan.”

Kris scowled secretly and you ignored him.

“It is?” Baekhyun asked.

“Mhm. I got it from his chinese nickname. You know the one your mom calls you by,” you looked at Kris with a mocking smile.

He knew you were trying to embarrass him now.

One day at the office, Kris’s mother had paid him a visit. And when she arrived she had asked you where her Fan Fan was.

Of course you thought it was funny but since it was your boss, you had to contain yourself.

Who knew something like that would come in handy.

“In korean his chinese nickname sounds like bènbèn so I call him that.” You beamed cutely.

Xiumin thought about it and pointed out, “But doesn’t bènbèn in chinese almost mean something like stupid, stupid?”

Kris’s eyes widened as he took in deep breaths. “Oh,” you pretended to be surprise. “Does it? I didn’t know.”

On the contrary, you did.

Tao used that word often when he wanted to insult a teacher in front of them. “I’m sure my bènbèn wouldn’t mind though. I’ve been calling him that for ages and he loves it. Don’t you?”  

Kris found himself producing another fake smile as he nodded. “Yes I do love it, my ào piāolì (stubborn boulder).”

“Piāo...lì?” Baekhyun was baffled as he frowned. “I really should learn Mandarin.”

Kris squished you against his chest, to show his disdain. Then he pulled away and shook his head. “You won’t understand my pet name for, Lei. It’s an inside joke. Only we get it.”

“Omona, this is so depressing. Now I really, really want a girlfriend.” Baekhyun complained childishly.

“Anyways, I’m starving. We should grab a bite to eat, don’t you think, bǎobèi (baby)?” Kris asked you, grinning triumphantly when he saw your eye beginning to twitch.

“That sound

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter