Chapter 14

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

 

“Here, Tao, open up.” You cooed shamelessly as you twirled another forkful of pasta for your baby brother to consume.

 

A smile was still present on your face and you weren’t willing to allow your sibling bonding time to be spoiled by your selfish boss.

 

Therefore, you pretended as though he wasn’t even existent.

 

Tao looked at you unsurely before his gaze met with Kris who was stationed in the middle of the two of you.

 

He did not look the slightest bit happy.

 

His expression was neutral and indifferent but the younger boy knew very well he was fuming.

 

After the rather short mental and personal debate he held in his head, it was a no brainer that he decided to follow your orders instead of Kris’s.

 

But unbeknownst to you, he had the perfect plan to bail himself out of this lovers’ quarrel without getting on your bad side while managing to make it up to the angry bird.

 

“Lei, shouldn’t you feed your husband too?” Tao muttered, still not eating the food you were holding out.

 

Your brows puckered at the center before your lips pursed out in disgust.

 

For a quick second, you stole a glimpse of your husband with the corner of your eyes to see him scoffing at Tao’s suggestion.

 

You held your chin up and pulled back your arm. “He has hands. He can feed himself,” you stated nonchalantly.

 

“If you won’t eat this, then I will.” After you stuffed the alfredo covered pasta into your mouth and chewed blissfully.

 

However, your mouth was too small for the quantity you had forced into it.

 

As you tried swallowing the food down into your throat, you found it to be a rather difficult task to achieve.

 

Your eyes widened in panic and you began punching your chest lightly.

 

A few muffles escaped your throat before Kris and Tao jumped into action, their minds registering what it was that was taking place.

 

“Drink this.” Kris ordered, handing you a glass of water but you refused and shoved it away stubbornly.

 

You didn’t want to be indebted to a guy like him for anything.

 

“Noona, you’re going to choke.” Tao scolded as he snatched the cup from Kris and held it to your lips.

 

This time you chugged the liquid which did force the clumped up pasta into your stomach.

 

You were catching your breath when a warm hand began to rub soothing circles against your back.

 

You assumed it to be Tao, so you didn’t react brazenly.

 

In fact, you were actually enjoying the gesture.

 

“I’ll go get the doctor just to be cautious.” your brother sighed as he shook his head.

 

This wasn’t actually how he planned to free himself from the bickering couple but he saw this as a great opportunity and decided it was best to seize it.

 

Before you could protest though, Tao had already bolted out of the place.

 

Your shoulders automatically sunk at his absence but then your body tensed because that hand was still roaming around in circular motions on your back.

 

“Would you really have preferred choking to death rather than accepting my help?” Kris rolled his eyes and then you scooted away from him.

 

“Actually, I would.” you replied atrociously honest as your arms folded against your chest.  

 

“God, are you really that upset with me?” he groaned as he slouched into his seat childishly, not paying attention to his sudden change of character. “I didn’t even do anything wrong.”

 

“You didn’t even do anything wrong?” you repeated, trying to keep your top from blowing off.

 

Next, your neck snapped in Kris’s direction as you glared at him maliciously.

 

“I didn’t know we were playing bull.” you declared through clenched teeth.

 

The latter raised both of his eyebrows at you before the corner of his lips etched further downwards, following gravity. “I don’t think I appreciate the language or tone you are currently using, Ms. Huang.”

 

You let out a dry and sarcastic laugh. “Oh so when it’s just you and me, you’re going to go back to formalities, Wu Fan? Is that a new habit you’ve picked up along with lying?”

 

Anger flickered behind Kris’s eyes and you knew you had hit a soft spot but you had no intention of stopping.

 

“If I remember correctly, that’s how Ms. Yoojung used to address. Is your blood boiling? Am I under your skin yet, boss?” A devilish smirk intruded your face as you rested an elbow on the table while your chin stood at the top of your hand.

 

Kris felt his jaw tightening as he tried to control his fury.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter