Chapter 5

Lie For Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In movies, people in danger always have that super-fast slideshow with the most important memories from their life. It’s like they want to be sure that they can leave without any regrets, that they did enough to make both themselves and people around them happy.

I’ve always wondered if that will happen to me.

Well, no need to wonder now. I realized that was simply Hollywood bull. I was clearly in a dangerous situation, probably the most regretful one in my entire life, and there was nothing in my mind except that hushed nagging subconscious scolding me and chanting that I was the dumbest person on this planet. As much as I wanted to disagree, this was undeniably true, considering how I ended up with that evil Baekhyun. My rare ability to meet wrong people and get into trouble ought to be acclaimed.

I drew my breath when Baekhyun traced a pretty finger along my collarbone. That action prompted my realization of our proximity (or rather, the lack of it). My body tensed from his dancing fingers and feather touch. His smirk graced his lips in that moment, informing me that he was aware of his pull on me. And though I wanted to free myself, I couldn’t even nudge a toe over to begin my escape. To be honest, I didn’t even know if I was still breathing. With my eyes wide open, I observed how he was studying every part of my body. I shut my eyes close when I felt his hand on my hip. It’s over…he’s really going to ra—

“Found you,” his voice tingled with elated satisfaction. But what’s more important was that as soon as he spoke, his hands lifted away from my body. What the hell was going on now? I opened my eyes to the sight of Baekhyun with my cellphone in his hand, although I’m quite certain that object belonged in the pockets of my jeans. He was typing something with focus. Before I realized what he was doing, a quiet melody reached my ears: it was Baekhyun’s cellphone.

“Here.” He tossed the phone in my general direction and I managed to catch it just before it would have crashed on the ground (although I’m sure he could care less whether or not it fell). “Answer my every call immediately.”

“W-what?” Still not really sure what’s going on (although simultaneously incredibly overjoyed that my body stayed pure and untouched), I switched my attention from the cellphone I was holding to Baekhyun, who was standing two steps away from me—but that distance was still too close to make me feel safe in his company. Then again, I could only feel safe near Baekhyun if he was locked within a locked and reinforced cage. Him being handcuffed as well. And maybe also with his legs tied. One couldn’t be too careful, right?

He directed a dirty look at me, insinuating how stupid and unnecessary my question was, and I made mental note not to ask any questions about anything in the future. At least, not if I still held any importance in my (already low) self-esteem.

But Baekhyun took his time to repeat what he said, eyes glaring me to ensure that I understood he wasn’t going to repeat himself a third time. “I said that you must answer my every call.” He shoved his cellphone into pocket and turned his face to look at me. I immediately pressed my back to the wall behind me, finding comfort in the solid and stable walls to prevent my wobbling legs from giving out on me.

“Why should I?” I asked without thinking, and my inner voice reminded me not to ask him any more questions, as I had previously promised myself to. My question earned raised eyebrows from Baekhyun. But then the corners of his lips curled up a bit and I was sure he was trying his best not to smile.

“Guess I’ll be having more fun than I thought,” he mumbled more to himself than to me, but I unfortunately heard it. My heart skipped a beat when he locked his eyes with mine before answering my question. “Because I’m your boyfriend,” he stated his reasoning as if it was the most obvious fact in the world. His eyes sparkled and his entire demeanor brightened as he spoke his next words. “And because you’re my little slave”.

I gulped loudly. If I recalled correctly, ‘little slave’ and ‘girlfriend’ were not quite synonymous, and the former didn’t really give the feeling of being loved or being taken care of, or anything positive, really.

* * * * *

I was granted another restless night. Continuing this streak, my dark circles enveloping my eyes would soon reach it’s hold on the rest of my face. I wasn’t blessed with natural beauty in the first place, so attaching panda rings would be of no help in my quality of attractiveness, but even with that fact haunting me, I couldn’t find any sleep at all; Baekhyun’s cryptic words were giving me a headache and my rolling mind was full of questions I couldn’t answer (or ask him).

What did he mean by ‘slave’? Should I listen to him or just ignore him? What were the consequences of ignoring his phone calls?

I sighed and entered school building. What’s done was done and I could see no road to fix the situation or turn back time, but there was a small bud of an idea sprouting in my head that would help me survive my remaining years at this school. Or at the very least, bring me through this day. Avoiding Baekhyun—that’s all I needed to do. Our school was relatively large, and his circle of friends was completely irrelevant to mine, so as long as I didn’t bump into him, I’d be safe.

This, by no means, was a foolproof plan, and although I was smart enough to realize this, I couldn’t really formulate any realistic plan better than this. I opened my locker with my eyes lowered to avoid all of the curious looks the other people, mainly girls, were giving me and took out the books I’d need for my next lesson. I was not at all used

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter