Secrets

Secrets

 

Rio doesn’t want to open her eyes, she tried but this scene is too much for her to take. Yamada got closer and closer to the smaller frame of Rio, until their faces were just inches away.

“Cut! Anou, Rio-chan!” the drama teacher had cut their scene for the nth time, I think.

“Gomen, Manami senpai, I’m just nervous,” Rio apologized as she lowered her face in exhaustion. They’ve been rehearsing this scene for two days but no can do.

“Okay, let’s take five minna,” the teacher instructed them as few students let out jaded and bored sighs.

Rio met Yamada’s gaze then let out a tiring smile. Yamada flashed her a “goodluck” smile. They were best friends since forever; Rio and Ryosuke. And that smile gave Rio a thump on her hard. Not a bad thing, but a good thing? To admit, she’s secretly in love with Yamada, Yuto’s best friend. And did I mention that Rio’s boyfriend is Yuto? Yeah, I know. She and Yamada would be the main characters for the upcoming theatrical play for their school. Hell yeah, THEATRICAL. Damn it, she just hated the idea that she’s a part of this stage play, that’s all.

“Neechan, are you okay? You look … Uh … never mind,” Hanna stopped herself from upsetting her friend.

“Anou baka, don’t stress Rio-chan. You know how hard this is for her,” Fai gave Hanna a violent whack on the shoulder.

“Eh... Stop it you two,” Rio managed to smile as she headed to the direction of her two friends. This two never failed to make her laugh even though she doesn’t even want to smile.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about it. I just need to relax. I’m just stressing out too much,” she continued.

“Okay then. You said it,” Fai finished their stressful conversation.

“Eh, let’s eat lunch together later?” Hanna asked Rio, though she’s not sure that Rio would agree.

“Anou sa, I can’t. Gomen,”

“Of course you can’t. You’ll be with Yu---“ Fai didn’t finish her words as she saw Yuto approaching them, with that bright smile he always wears.

 And speaking of … I think we’ll go first, ne? Ja, Rio-chan,” Fai continued and dragged Hanna with her.

 

“That was amazing, Rio-chan,” Yuto greeted his girlfriend with a hug and kissed her on her forehead.

“Yuto, you liar. You know I hate these kinds of things,” Rio cupped Yuto’s cheeks, smiling cutely which gave Yuto the urge to kiss her sweetly on the lips.

“I don’t like the kissing part though,” Yuto pouted, which showed his very cute side.

“Yuto-kun is jealous, ne? But Ryo-chan is your friend, deshou? You shouldn’t be jealous,” Rio teased his boyfriend, pinching his cheek. With that, Yuto stole a quick kiss on Rio’s lip.

“Naandayou  nee~” Rio blushed. And when I said blush, I mean, tomato red blush.

“Gambare, baby. You can do it, okay?” Yuto kissed Rio on her forehead and headed out of the room.

  

--

 

“So you did it? You actually did it, with your best friend? You kissed??” Hanna said excitedly right in front of Rio’s face.

“Yuto-kun must be jealous of that scene ne?” Fai said while staring dreamily at Yuya’s eyes, she just can’t get enough of her HOT boyfriend.

“Fai-chan, aren’t you scaring Yuya out? He might melt you know?” Rio said with a laugh, trying to change the topic.

“I don’t … care,” Fai responded, her mind wandering on Yuya’s dreamland. Yuya just smiled and showed off to everyone how “hot” he is.

“I’m just irresistible. You know that?” he said with a smirk.

“Here he goes again; at least I know I’m pretty,” Kei said abruptly. “But of course my Kim-chan is ten times prettier than me. Gomen baby,” Kei continued as he met Kim’s death glare.

“Watch your words pretty boy,” Kim warned his boy friend.

“Speaking of, where is Yuto?” Hanna interrupted their beauty talk, releasing Yabu’s arm which was clinging around her shoulder. “Stop it, you’re making me uncomfortable,” she said annoyingly.

“Naandayou ne,” Yabu complained as he pulled closer to cuddle his fragile and anti-PDA girlfriend.

“Aigoo … Let go of me! I’ll kill you later,” Hanna punched Yabu’s chest and Yabu just smirked, clutching his chest, pretending to be hurt.

“Kill me later? How?” he gave Hanna a smirk, biting his lower lip smexily.

“y thoughts again Yabu? Gosh, you’re scary,” Kim interrupted the PDA that Yabu just did.

The rest laughed and stared at Yabu. Then suddenly, Yamada and Yuto made their shocking entrance.

“I told you to stop eating strawberries in front of me, I don’t like the smell!” Yuto almost shouted, hurrying his way to his friends.

“Eh, doue? Strawberries are nice and delicious!” Yamada teased Yuto more. “Ah, hi there Rio-chan. Your boyfriend’s a pity, he hates strawberries. You like them too, right?”

“Aigooo Yuto-kun, what’s up with that face? I love strawberries,” Rio annoyed boyfriend.

“O-kay. Here they go again, the lovey dovey couple,” Hikaru said bitterly.

“Kim-chan, it’s almost time for your classes. Shall we go now? ” Kei stood up and held out his hand for Kim.

“Hai, iku ne? Later guys,” Kim said as the couple made their way to Kim’s classroom.

“Yuya, would you come with me to the library? I need to research something,” Fai stood up, pulling Yuya’s hand like a little child who wants her mom to take her to some candy store.

“Okay, okay. Wait up, iku,” Yuya said laughing while being dragged by Fai.

“Imouto, you’re supposed to be studying your Physics lesson right now,” Daiki lectured Hanna.

“But …”

“No buts. Iku,” Daiki hurriedly pulled Hanna’s hand to stand up and Hanna gave Daiki this I-will-kill-you look.

"I hate you nii-chan. Eh! Matte!! Yabu-kun!"

“Eh, matte!” Yabu abruptly stood up and followed the siblings out.

"Daiki's bossing around with his little sister huh," Keito saild with a shy and envious smile.

"Leave them alone, I think it's cute. And do you want to get killed by Ko-chan?" Chinen answered to Keito.

“Rio-chan are you okay? Do you want to take a walk?” Yuto asked Rio, giving her a sweet smile.

“Ah, hai. I need some air,” Rio said with a weak smile as they left Hikaru, Chinen, Keito and Yamada there. When their shadows are gone, Yamada let out a heavy sigh.

“Doue Yamada?” Hikaru asked.

“Don’t ask why, or else he’s gonna explode you know?” Chinen patted Yamada’s shoulder. “But no can do, since Rio is Yuto’s girlfriend,” he continued.

“That’s pretty hard for you, huh?” Keito asked Yamada.

“It is,” Yamada just sighed for the nth time and stood up; leaving his friends on their current place.

 

--

 

“Yuto-kun, don’t forget to call me tonight ne,” a girl said hugging Yuto’s waist.

“Demo,” Yuto said smiling.

“But what? You’re still dating that Rio Yamada? I thought you’re gonna break up with her? You don’t love me!”

Yuto pushed the girl away and shakes his head.

“I’m sorry, I only love Rio,”

“Naandayo, she’s not hot and pretty like me. Why do you like her anyways?”

Rio happened to pass by the hallway when she saw Yuto and this girl talking together. Yuto’s smile and the girl’s flirting methods? SHE SAW IT. WITH HER OWN EYES.

“Yuto???” Rio almost shouted.

“Rio-chan…” Yuto was sweating up. “Anou …”.

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!” Rio shouted then ran away. Yuto was too startled to follow Rio on her way.

 

--

 

“How dare him?!” Rio was alone on their classroom since class hours are over.

Yamada happened to pass by when he heard someone sobbing. He opened the door slowly and saw Rio inside.

“Rio-chan?”

“Ah.. Ryo-chan, it’s you,”

“Doue?” Yamada asked Rio as he’s coming closer.

Without words, Rio rushed to Yamada then hugged him.

“Yuto, he…”

“Shhh.. I’m here. I know everything Rio. I knew that girl for a long time. And I know that Yuto has a secret crush on that girl too,”

Rio’s hug became tighter.

“Ryo-chan? Can I tell you something?” Rio said with a shaking voice.

“Tell me what?”

"That you're the best friend ever?"

"I know that right?" Yamada said jokingly.

“And also … I'm having a secret crush on you. No, I love you. Ryosuke. I'm in love with you and I don’t know why but...”

Without words, Yamada leaned closer and gave Rio a sweet, tender kiss.

“So, I’m not the only one who’s pretending, eh?” Yamada said with a sweet smile.

“Eh? What do you mean?” Rio asked.

“That I’m in love with you since forever started,” Yamada said with a smile.

“Are you serious? I mean, why didn’t you say a word? Because of Yuto?”

“No, because I don’t want to ruin our friendship. But, I think it’s not that bad at all, huh?”

“What do you mean?” Rio interrupted.

“We’ve been best friends for like, forever. I’ve known you so well that I could write a book about you baka,”

“So?” Rio asked stupidly.

Seriously? Is she really that stupid? Stupid in a cute way.  Yamada thought. 

“Aigoo baka!! What I'm trying to ask is that..., can you be mine?” Yamada cupped Rio’s cheeks.

Without further words, Rio gave Yamada a tight hug on his neck and whispered,

“I’d be happy to.”

Yamada kissed Rio. Not just a kiss, but a special one just for his best friend-slash-girlfriend.