They Don't Know About Us

Pre-chorus

 

“You know that mole thingy you did with Tiffany, I did it with Krystal. I drew a mole on her left cheek just like yours. When I woke up the next day, I had scribbles on my face.”

 

Jessica laughed, hoping the younger girl would find comfort in what she just said. Yoona didn’t seem to hear her though. She was busy trying not to think about the pain that she was feeling.

 

Her jaw started hurting three days ago and eventually started showing signs of a wisdom tooth pain. The first person she called was Yuri. She opted for her best friend since she didn’t want Jessica to see her in such state, cheek swelling and looking like she’s in so much pain.

 

Yuri had other plans so she decided to just tell Jessica and since then she’s tried to convince Yoona to get the impacted wisdom tooth surgically removed.

 

Yoona hated going to any sort of clinic but she hated dental clinics the most. There was something about people trying to put their hands inside their mouth. She didn’t like that idea and she didn’t like people who stick their hands in people’s mouth as a profession even more.

 

“You really shouldn’t be worried about the dentist though. I’m sure Soo would treat you properly…I hope she does. For her own good, I hope she does. If she hurts you even more, I’ll steal all her food stash.” Jessica tried again but to no avail.

 

In Yoona’s defense, one of the two reasons she agreed on getting the surgery is because of Jessica’s cousin. The older girl assured her that Sooyoung was a good dentist although truthfully Jessica wasn’t sure if she’s already gotten her license yet. The other reason being the pain was too unbearable that the pain killers couldn’t even alleviate the ache.

 

When they reached Sooyoung’s clinic, she turned off the engine and gently nudged the younger girl. “Yoong, we’re here.”

 

Yoona replied with a grunt while Jessica removed the seat belt, careful not to make contact with Yoona’s face.

 

“You know, you look really cute with a swollen cheek though. Not everyone looks cute with that and besides, you have to at least be thankful that only one tooth is impacted…for now.”

 

Yoona stared at her in horror and she immediately felt guilty for freaking her out even more. She carefully placed a kiss on top of the young girl’s forehead and ushered her inside the clinic where her cousin was already prepping up for the surgery.

 

“Heyyyyyyy, gurlfriend.”

 

Jessica raised her eyebrow at her cousin’s greeting. “You sound a bit….ghetto.”

 

“Hush, child. My assistant’s not here yet. She’s out getting me some snack so if you could just assist her yourself, that’d be great.”

 

“Seo’s supposed to be assisting you on surgeries, not buying you snacks.”

 

Jessica carefully led Yoona to the dentist chair and once she was sure Yoona was lying down comfortably, she pulled a stool and sat there.

 

“So…Kim Yoona, no allergies, one impacted tooth and girlfriend of my pesky little cousin, are you ready for this?”

 

“Soo, just drug her already. Can’t you see she’s in pain?”

 

“Alright, alright. Okay, Yoona, girlfriend of my dear cousin, I’m going to need you to relax and to trust me. I’m an oral surgeon so there really is no need to doubt my competency.” Sooyoung grinned and added, “I’m going to gas you now so you’d sleep and not feel any pain. Well, not so much…or just until it wears off.”

 

Sooyoung proceeded to placing the mask on Yoona. “You’d feel a little woozy and fall asleep and when you wake up, your wisdom tooth would be gone but your cheek would still be swelling. Oh and have I mentioned that your mouth would feel numb but that’s actually the good part because you won’t feel any pain. The bad part is—“

 

“You’re only scaring her, Soo.” Jessica glared at her cousin as she placed herself beside Yoona, holding the girl’s hand for support.

 

“Well, soooooor—“

 

“Hand…so soft…like an angel’s .”

 

Sooyoung snickered at Yoona’s statement. “Geez, go to sleep already, kid so we could start.”

 

While Yoona was asleep, Sooyoung operated on her and Jessica was busy watching the two.

 

“She’s a looker, I’ll give you that but don’t you think she’s too young for you?”

 

“Not really. She’s more mature than she looks.”

 

“So this is the person who’s caught the heart of one Jung Jessica. Interesting. She has a nice set of teeth. Not like yours. Yours is disturbing.”

 

“Shut up and just do your job.”

 

“Whatever. I just hope you two are happy. If she makes you happy then by all means, make her happy too. I know how selfish you could get.”

 

“I do make her happy. I mean, I try. I screwed up before but I’m making up for it now.”

 

She shuffled her feet and looked down.

 

“I know now that she’s the one I want. For the past four months, I’ve been trying really hard to make up for my selfish ways but now I think we’re stuck. I think we’ve come to an impasse.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You don’t know what impasse means?”

 

“I do. I just don’t get what you’re saying since I don’t really follow your soap opera-like love life.”

 

“We’re a couple in every sense but…I don’t know where we go from here. Does she love me more now? Has she come to the point where she wants to marry me? Have I come to the point where I want to spend the rest of my life with her? Like what does she want to do now? She’s graduating next year. Am I part of her five-year plan after getting her degree or what?”

 

“Jessica, you’re a . Why can’t you just ask her that?”

 

“I can’t ask her something like that.”

 

“Why not?  The key to a successful and happy relationship is communication. You need to talk to each other and know what’s in each other’s heads.”

 

“But it’s not that easy.”

 

“You always make things complicated. You need to stop that.”

 

“So I just ask her what she wants to do next? Is that it? I don’t even know when’s the right moment to tell her that I love her.”

 

Sooyoung stopped whatever she was doing and carefully backed away from Yoona. “You love her? This kid? You love this kid?”

 

“I do and I don’t know why it took me a long time to realize that. Now I can’t exactly tell her that I love her too because ever since that time I flew back to LA without telling her, she hasn’t told me those words again.”

 

“She’s smart then.” That earned her a hit to the side of her head. “What? The last person I know whom you’ve told those words to is Jay and then you broke up with him and told your dad that you like girls more.”

 

“Can we not go there and why did you stop working on her tooth?”

 

“I’m done. I’m awesome like that.”

 

Sooyoung took off the mask that was still on Yoona’s face and she and Jessica continued talking while they were waiting for Yoona to gain consciousness.

 

“Jess-Jessica?”

 

“You’re finally awake. Are you feeling better?”

 

“Wh-where’s my tongue?”

 

“What? Sooyoung, what the hell did you do?”

 

The girl in question shrugged and said, “It’s normal for her not to feel her tongue. It’s only for an hour or so.” She saw Yoona trying to reach . “Do me a favour, Sica and stop her from touching .”

 

Jessica nodded and the two of them left the clinic after Sooyoung gave them a prescription for the medicine Yoona could take to relieve the pain once the numbness is gone.

 

She helped Yoona get inside her car and put on the seatbelt before going in as well.

 

“We could eat all the ice cream you want as soon as you can eat them, okay?”

 

Yoona nodded and leaned back on the seat. “Sschwaang sooo I dunno.”

 

“What?”

 

“Sooyoung drugged me.”

 

Jessica chuckled and started the engine. “She did so you don’t feel a thing while she opened the gum tissue and do all those other things and then stitch you up. It was gross. I didn’t watch the whole thing.”

 

She looked back at Yoona and the girl, despite her cheek still swollen, was sporting a huge grin and half-lidded eyes.

 

“Is it me or do you look much more gorgeous now?”

 

“It’s just you, Yoong and the gas.”

 

“No, no, no, no, no…absolutely not. You get prettier every day.”

 

“Yup, that’s the gas talking.”

 

“I-I real-really love you, Jeshka.”

 

She let go of the steering wheel and stared at Yoona who looked wasted and it was as if she just got out of a bar brawl with her cheek swelling the size of a baseball.

 

Jessica thought of whether saying it back to her would be appropriate or not and after a few minutes of thinking, she took off her seatbelt and leaned forward to place a lingering kiss on Yoona’s forehead.

 

“Who the heck is this ‘Jeshka’ and why are you saying ‘I love you’ to her and not to me?”

 

“Y-you…”

 

Jessica didn’t hear anything from the girl anymore but a light snore. She smiled at the sight and took the neck pillow from the back seat of her car. She gently placed it on Yoona to support her neck and drove off.

 

 

---

 

 

“I don’t want to get my wisdom teeth pulled out. It would hurt.”

 

Tiffany glanced at Krystal who had her head on her lap as she played Candy Crush. At times she would place her phone on top of the girl’s head to see if Krystal would be pissed off but the younger one seemed a bit too calm that day.

 

“If nothing’s wrong with it, you don’t have to get it pulled out, silly.”

 

“You’ll be the one to suffer if I ever have to pull my wisdom teeth out.”

 

“Why’s that?”

 

“Because you’ll be taking care of me, duh. If you think I’m a pain in the now then prepare yourself for when I’m sick.”

 

“I can’t say I don’t expect that. I mean, you are like Satan’s child.”

 

“Yeah, I am like you. How’s your dad, Satan, doing?”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes at Krystal’s attempt in ticking her off.

 

“Do you want me to introduce you to my parents?”

 

Tiffany stopped playing her game and shifted her attention to the girl who just spewed out something so random and did it with such nonchalance.

 

Instead of reacting the way she’d normally react when asked such question, she kept her cool and matched the indifferent tone Krystal was using.

 

“I dunno. You never ask me about stuff. You just do them right away without telling me. Like that time when you decided to transfer permanently to our school.”

 

“Well, that wasn’t my fault. Unnie didn’t exactly notify me when she decided to move here in Seoul to be with Yoona-unnie.”

 

“Don’t bring Jessica-unnie in this.”

 

“So? Do you want me to or not?”

 

“Isn’t that supposed to be your call?”

 

“My call? So if I bring you to Boston to meet my parents, you won’t go berserk on me for not asking you first?”

 

“I probably would.”

 

Krystal got up and shot her a glare. “You are so confusing.”

 

You’re confusing.”

 

“Fine. I want you to meet my parents.”

 

Tiffany, who was still doubting the sincerity in the younger girl’s voice, arched an eyebrow and asked, “Why?”

 

“Because you’re my girlfriend?”

 

“You don’t seem so sure.”

 

“You’re my girlfriend and I still need to come out to them. They don’t really know I’m gay like my sister.”

 

“So you’re using me as an excuse to come out of the closet?”

 

“Basically, yeah.”

 

Tiffany was going to walk out on her but she pulled her back and said, “That and I just really want to introduce you to them. Is that so wrong?”

 

“Why? I need a reason.”

 

“Because they’re suspecting that the reason I decided to transfer schools is because I met some guy. I wanted to disprove them by bringing you and introducing you as my girlfriend…the other reason why I decided to transfer.”

 

“Wait, what’s the other reason?”

 

“Unnie, of course. Do you think I’ll let her live here alone? I trust Yoona-unnie and all but I cannot be far away from my sister.”

 

A grin was starting to form on Tiffany’s lips but she held it in and decided to poke fun of the girl. “Are you sure it’s not because of some guy you met?”

 

“Well, there is this one guy from this class I’m taking—ouch!”

 

Krystal rubbed the spot that Tiffany pinched.

 

“Why can’t you just back down and let me win an argument or just…anything! Why do you have to be so snarky and witty all the time?”

 

Krystal who was frowning a second ago was now looking at her with soft eyes.

 

“You’ve already won me over so why do you still feel the need to win something else?”

 

Just when she thought Krystal was actually being sweet and schmaltzy, the girl burst out laughing and started hitting Tiffany’s arms.

 

“Oh god, you really like cheesy stuff like that, don’t you?”

 

Tiffany shoved her by the shoulder and stood up.

 

“Hey, it wasn’t like I was kidding, you know? I actually mean it. I’m just laughing because your reaction was priceless.”

 

“Shut up. Go find someone else to introduce to your parents, jerk!”

 

Once she caught up to Tiffany, she held her by the forearm and enveloped her in a tight hug. “That’s going to be a difficult task because I don’t want to just introduce some random girl to them. I want them to meet the girl that I actually care about.”

 

Tiffany stopped struggling and hugged Krystal back, nuzzling her face on the crook of her girlfriend’s neck while mumbling, “You are such a ing idiot.”

 

 

---

 

 

“Uh, Sunny, are you insane? What happened to not letting me babysit for you guys?”

 

“Hey, Hyo told you that. Not me. Besides, I’m asking both you and Yoona to babysit Yerin for us while we attend this wedding in Busan. The kid already said yes.”

 

Jessica sighed and got off her bed to answer her door. “Okay but just a head’s up, I have no idea how to take care of a baby, Sunny.”

 

“She’s not even a baby anmore. She’s a toddler. They’re easier to take care of…sometimes. Our Yerin’s well-behaved, I swear.”

 

When she opened the door, she was greeted by Yoona who was carrying a basket filled with toys. She gave her a chaste kiss on the lips and motioned her to come inside.

 

“Like I could still do anything to change your mind. Where are you now?”

 

“We are on our way.”

 

“Alright, I’ll see you then.”

 

“This is going to be fun.”

 

“Are you sure you’re well enough to babysit? Jaw’s not hurting anymore?”

 

“I feel great now. I still can’t eat solid food and carry heavy things but other than that I’m great.”

 

Minutes later, the two heard the doorbell going off and on the other side of the door are Hyoyeon and Sunny who were holding onto Yerin’s hands.

 

“We really appreciate this, Jess. Thank you.”

 

While it was probably true that Sunny appreciated the babysitting, Hyoyeon wasn’t feeling the same.

 

“If she gets even a tiny scratch, Jung Jessica, I swear to god I will pummel you to the ground and remove your teeth from your gums one by one.”

 

“Hyo’s just kidding.” Sunny picked Yerin up and kissed her nose. “You’ll be staying with Aunt Jess and Aunt Yoong today, okay? You’re going to be a good girl, right?”

 

Yerin nodded and smiled. Sunny handed her over to Jessica’s waiting arms.

 

“If you need anything, just call or sed us a text message. These are notes of what she likes and doesn’t like to do. That would be extremely helpful.”

 

“Omma,” called out the tiny one, “yum yum. Where’s my yum yum?”

 

“Oh, here you go, baby.”

 

“Pacifier is ‘yum yum.’ Interesting.”

 

“Yeah. We’ll go ahead now or we’ll miss the train. We’ll be back tomorrow afternoon to pick her up.”

 

The two moms gave their daughter a kiss goodbye and left.

 

“Now what?”

 

Jessica stared blankly at Yerin and back at Yoona who just shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Long day ahead, huh?”

 

Yerin took out the pacifier from and said. “Yum yum.”

 

____
updating because it's princess jessica's bday. oh wait i'm sorry it's jeCCica. i haven't proofread this one yet but i'm putting it out now lol because.

oh and i'm like writing  new multi-shot. check that out if you have the time along with one-shots that i've written and posted on ssf. i decided to post them here as well http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/419967/shots-jeti-snsd-taengsic-ot9-krystae

i'm leaving you all with this gorgeous gif of a gorgeous mofo whose birthday is today. happy birthday jessica!

 

Title: THey don't know about us by one direction. not a big fan of theirs. i just really like this song lol