Blame it on the alcohol

Pre-chorus

 

“Are you okay now?” Hyoyeon asked as she handed Jessica her purse. “You could go back to my apartment if you want. You don’t have to go to the bar with us. It would be noisy there, lots of sweaty and possibly stinky people and I assure you that only half of it would be above average and I know you don’t settle for just an average human being.”

 

Jessica giggled at her best friend’s attempt to cheer her up while making fun of her at the same time. She got rid of the smudged make up on her face and said, “It sounds fun and I could use a drink or two.”

 

“Drinking is never the solution.”

 

“That’s what they all say.”

 

 

---

 

 

“I-I have never in my life tried to smoke. Have you?” The girl beside her didn’t even get a chance to answer when she pointed her finger and said, “Oh cooool, circles. Small circles of smoke. Cool! I should ask that guy if he or she…I don’t…I’m not sure if he’s even a guy,” she shrugged, “I’ll ask it to spell my name.” She stood up but lost her balance and fell back on the couch.

 

Jessica’s drunk. She wasn’t aware where she was, who she’s with and where Hyoyeon and Sunny went. To say she’s drunk was probably an understatement.

 

The girl beside her wearing a red dress, who was far from being sober but she was in a better state than Jessica, didn’t even know how she ended up with Jessica. All she could remember was bumping into Jessica and the latter apologizing in English which she understood despite knowing very few words in the language that Jessica was using.

 

Next thing she knew, they were sitting in a booth with the taller girl restraining herself from removing every article of clothing from their bodies and just doing it right then and there and Jessica sloppily kissing her. How they end up at another area of the bar with a bunch of people slowly killing themselves by damaging their lungs, also known as the bar’s ‘Lung Center’, was another story.

 

Jessica started coughing and the less drunk one of the two stood up, trying to maintain her balance and urging the coughing girl to do the same. “Up, up, up.”

 

She took Jessica’s purse and hers as she led the girl outside of the bar. “Wh-what, where are my friends? What am I supposed to do with you?” She looked around and saw a bright neon sign across the street.

 

“Is it okay…if we just go there because I-I can’t…we’ll just go there.” She dragged Jessica with her and it was amazing how they both crossed the road safely. They entered the building and almost instantly the receptionist knew what the two were there for.

 

“Here’s the key to your room. I know you two are drunk and I wouldn’t want to get into a fight because I’m dead tired so just go up to your room and pay tomorrow. Glad to be of service. Good bye.” The guy slumped back down his chair and waved his hand to shoo them away.

 

It took the two approximately ten minutes to get to their room. Eight minutes were spent on waiting for the elevator to go down. Took them eight minutes to remember that they didn’t press the button.

 

“We are so stupid,” the girl in the red dress said to Jessica who found it too amusing. She led Jessica to the bed and was about to walk away to get a bit freshened up but was held back. “Wh-what are—“

 

Jessica stood up and pushed the girl back thinking that the latter would have her back on the wall but the bed side table stopped that from happening. The girl ended up knocking down the lamp as she sat on the table with Jessica sitting on her lap.

 

The desire that she felt for Jessica a couple of hours ago returned as she felt her tongue sliding along her exposed collar bone and just like that she felt like the alcohol in her system was being replaced by another thing that’s making her just as dizzy and hot…but she knew it was the good kind this time.

 

So she did what she wanted to do earlier and ignored the voice in her head, that sounded awfully like that guy in that movie she never gets tired of watching, saying ‘You will get chlamydia and die.’

 

 

---

 

 

Something was vibrating and I chose to ignore it but it just won’t stop. I bolted up thinking there was an earthquake but instead I got a groan from the girl sleeping beside me. A person.

 

First thing I thought of was ‘Isn’t she cold? It’s freezing in here.’ I hugged myself but before I could even rub my arms to prevent myself from freezing to death, I noticed that I, too, was .

 

“Sweet mother of god! What have I gotten myself into?” I can still feel that thing, probably my mobile phone, vibrating. I tried to look for it real carefully. I really don’t want to wake this person up and as horrible as it sounds, I have to get out of here as soon as possible.

 

“Earthquake, stop it. St-stop the earthquake,” the girl mumbled.

 

It must be under her. I started to blindly look for it all the while being careful that I won’t wake her up. To my dismay, she started stretching her long arms as she yawned and sat upright, revealing everything that I’ve probably seen and touched last night. The thought made me shiver. Her body doesn’t look like she’s even legal. What if she’s a minor? I am so going to ja—

 

Everything that was inside my head about jail and wearing orange or having to live on crap-like foods went away when I saw her face. I knew then that I was screwed.

 

Yoona.

 

 

---

 

 

“Good morning,” Yoona greeted with a smile on her face and closed the gap between her and Jessica. “You taste like vomit. Ew.”

 

“Uh…”

 

“I guess it’s fine. Your beauty makes up for it plus I don’t think you always taste like that. You’re a ten for me.”

 

Jessica got tongue-tied. In front of her was a gorgeous girl saying that she’s a ten and coming from someone whom Hyoyeon would consider as ‘above average’, that was a praise worthy of a ‘Thank you’ but she just couldn’t talk.

 

It would’ve been more convenient if they knew each other.

 

But life just wasn’t that simple for Jessica. Maybe it’s payback for the times she’s cursed life, who knows?

 

Yoona got up from the bed and picked up her dress from the floor. She saw the broken lamp and pointed her finger to Jessica. “That’s your fault. You’re quite the aggressive one, Jessica.”

 

She was stunned once again. She knows me? Okay. I take back what I said. Her knowing me does not make it less complicated.

 

“How’d you know my name?”

 

Yoona chuckled, “You told me last night. I guess you were already drunk when we bumped into each other.”

 

“I-I guess.”

 

“I take it you don’t remember my name. I’m Kim Yoona.”

 

Jessica just nodded. She does remember her name. How can she forget that name when Taeyeon brought it up almost all the time?

 

“Do you want to go and take a shower with me?” Yoona asked.

 

“Uh, n-n-n-no. I’ll go after you.”

 

“I’ll be quick then.”

 

When the girl was out of sight, she immediately lifted up the pillows and once she found her phone, she dialled her best friend’s number.

 

Sica! Where in the world are you? Do you know how worried I was when I found out that the person I dragged out of the bar and pushed in the passenger’s seat of the cab was some random girl who doesn’t even look like you? Well, she does actually but that’s beside the point! Where are you?”

 

“I’m fine, Hyo. I’m good…save for the fact that I just slept with Taeyeon’s sister!”

 

You what?

 

“I’ll tell you later. I gotta go.” She got off the bed and quickly got dressed.

 

When Yoona got out of the bathroom, she hastily went inside and locked herself there hoping that Yoona would just agree to forget whatever happened last night so they could both move on with their lives.

 

“Hey, Jessica, are you okay in there? You’ve been there for like half an hour now. I have to go soon. I’m thinking we could just leave and maybe get something to eat. I’m starving.”

 

The older girl didn’t even notice that she was hiding in the bathroom for half an hour now. She opened the door and was now face to face with the taller girl. “Listen, about last night, I’m so sorry. I was drunk and I can’t even remember most of the things we did so…”

 

“I know and I don’t mind. Right now I just want to eat and I don’t want to seem like a loner eating lunch by myself,” she sat on the bed and put on her Louboutin pumps. Soon as she finished doing that, she looked up and saw that Jessica was still standing there. “What is it? Does your head hurt? Food will fix that.”

 

She shook her head. “No. I-I can’t. Let’s forget this ever happened and let’s just move on with our lives.”

 

Yoona stared at her, confused of what the girl was trying to say and then it dawned on her. She couldn’t keep herself from giggling. “Oh god, I know what happened last night was a one-time thing so don’t worry. I’m not gonna kneel and ask you to marry me or be the mother of child. Geez! Loosen up, I just really want to eat with someone. I do like you though.”

 

Jessica’s eyes widened at the statement and the younger girl just had to laugh at her more.

 

“You are one curious fellow.”

 

“We just met last night while I was drunk. You can’t like me.”

 

“Why not? I didn’t need weeks to know that I liked this pair of Louboutin shoes.”

 

The older girl who was rooted on her spot tilted her head to the side. “Are you comparing me to a shoe?”

 

“I’m trying to make a point but if I really am comparing you to a shoe, shouldn’t you feel honoured that I’m comparing you to an established luxury brand? Or are you more of a Jimmy Choo girl?” she asked as she pointed at Jessica’s own pair of shoes. “You know what, I think if a pair of Louboutin shoes turned into a girl, it would look like you. There’s just something distinctive about you. It’s like red sole is to Louboutin and cute is to Jessica.”

 

The said girl rolled her eyes and ignored the erted comment. “Say Louboutin again.”

 

“Louboutin,” she said rolling her tongue in an odd way and sounding so nasally.

 

For the first time that day, Yoona heard Jessica’s cute laugh. “What’s so funny?”

 

“You say it so weirdly.”

 

It was responded by a huff. “Well, excuse me if I don’t pronounce things so well. I’m trying, okay? Can we go eat now?”

 

“I guess.”

 

 

---

 

 

They sat on the far corner of the café and waited for their food to arrive. Yoona thought it was the best seat there since they won’t be blinded by the sunlight and it seemed quiet.

 

“You seem like you’ve done this plenty of times before,” Jessica spoke, tracing circles on the table with her index finger.

 

“I’ve done it before. I’m not gonna say I’ve done it ‘plenty of times’. That makes it sound like I’m promiscuous.”

 

“I didn’t mean—“

 

“Nah, I know what you mean but yeah, I know the drill. We slept together last night. We’re just going to eat lunch together now and after that, we’ll go our separate ways.”

 

Jessica still can’t help but be bothered that she just slept with her ex’s sister. What if Taeyeon finds out? Wait, she won’t and even if she does, so what?

 

“Yeah. I’m only staying here for two weeks so that won’t be an issue. I’m only here because my best friend got engaged.”

 

Their food arrived and they started eating their late lunch. They talked about random things while eating. Most of what Yoona told her she already knows because of the taller girl’s sister.

 

“It’s really hard for me to pronounce those brands that we study about. I do well with other things though,” the younger girl said when they got deeper into their conversation about Yoona majoring in Fashion.

 

When they were done, Yoona insisted on paying, saying that Jessica has already paid for their room, but the older declined knowing that Yoona’s not even working while she, on the other hand, have a good paying job.

 

They went out of the café and Yoona offered to flag down a cab for her. While waiting, she couldn’t help but notice the younger girl stealing glances every chance she gets.

 

“Do you want to say something?”

 

“I just think it’d be a shame if this would be the last time we’ll see each other.”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Because I find you interesting and like I said earlier, I like you.” Yoona grinned and reached for something in her purse. “Aha!” She brought a marker and held Jessica’s forearm.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Yoona didn’t answer. She uncapped the marker and started scribbling down something on the other girl’s arm. “There you go. I didn’t get to use it on my friends last night. I was waiting for them to pass out so I could use this permanent marker to draw on their faces.”

 

“You’re like a little child, you know that?” Jessica stared at what the younger girl has jotted down on her forearms and before she could even ask Yoona why she gave her number to Jessica by writing it down on her skin instead of doing what normal people do and ask, she stared at the marker that Yoona used. “Did you just say permanent marker?”

 

Yoona started laughing when she saw the horror on Jessica’s face.

 

“You idiot!”

 

“Hey, look! It’s a cab!” Yoona hailed down the cab and once it stopped in front of them, she opened the door for Jessica and pushed the girl inside. “Yah! Don’t even think I’m going to call you after this!” She pointed to her forearm and scowled.

 

“Oh come on, I rarely give my number to people. You should feel honoured.”

 

She was supposed to answer back but was stopped when she heard the cab driver asking, “Where to?” She stated an address and looked back only to see Yoona’s retreating figure. “Yah!” she shouted as she stuck her head out the window.

 

The younger girl turned around with a huge smile on her face and said, “I’ll be waiting for your call, Jessica! Save my number first before erasing it, okay? Don’t rub on it too hard!”

 

She saw Yoona waving at her and when the girl was finally out of sight, she leaned back and stared at the large digits on her arm. “Man, what a child.”

 

 

_____

Yay for the subscribers and the three people who've posted comments. I do have to say that if you're expecting  diabetes-inducing taengsic moments here then you're dead wrong and should probably go back and wait 'til i get to write the prequel to this one.