Hello Hello

Pre-chorus

 

Yoona yelped in pain as she disinfected the abrasion on her knee. “Goddammit!”

 

“You should’ve been careful,” Jessica said, tucking in Yoona’s hair in ear so it won’t get in the way. She’s doing it to mostly distract her from the wound that Yoona acquired earlier.

 

“I was careful. Your foot tripped me and I fell.” Yoona huffed.

 

When she got out of the car and went around it to get Jessica’s luggage, she failed to notice that Jessica’s foot was there and she tripped, falling on her knees. It was a good thing her right knee got the damage and the left one was unscathed.

 

“It’s not my fault you’re clumsy.”

 

They’ve brought Jessica’s things to the Kim sisters’ apartment with the help of the utility man. The two of them were now inside the bathroom and were sitting on the edge of the bathtub.

 

“Could you at least help me clean it?”

 

“Uh-uh, if you don’t want vomit all over your shirt then don’t ask me to do that ever. I believe I’ve told you that I’m squeamish. Just the image of a wound makes me want to puke.” She stood up and walked away from a frowning Yoona.

 

The younger girl hissed as she removed the dirt from it.

 

“It’s just a scrape. You can do it,” Jessica said encouragingly but it was only ignored.

 

When she finished cleaning the wound, she stood up, taking a roll of gauze from the medicine cabinet and got out of the bathroom, completely ignoring the presence of the older girl. Jessica didn’t take the hint that Yoona was mad at her so she followed her and even sat beside her on her bed.

 

She was now busy putting a dressing on top of her wound and when a few strand of hair fell on her face, Jessica reached for it to tuck it in Yoona’s ear again but the latter flinched and moved her head away.

 

The older girl could chuckle at the sight. “You are such a big baby.”

 

“I’m the big baby?” she asked rhetorically, obviously offended. “What about you? You can’t even help me clean it up and it was partially your fault. I tripped on your foot, Jessica.”

 

“What happened to calling me ‘unnie’?”

 

She rolled her eyes and spat, “Jessica-unnie!”

 

“I didn’t become a doctor for a reason, you know? That reason is because I can’t look at a simple scrape with flesh hanging out of it without fainting or throwing up.” Yoona turned her back on her as she put tape around the gauze. “Come on, Yoong, stop sulking.”

 

She stood up from the bed and knelt in front of Yoona. She checked if the scrape was still visible and when she was sure it wasn’t, she took over putting the tape that’ll secure the gauze into place. When she finished doing that, she looked up to see Yoona who was still pouting. “You need to apply an ointment to that later on so it won’t leave any scar.”

 

Yoona lay down on her bed and curled up in a ball. The sight was purely amusing for Jessica. “If you’re going to continue acting that way then I might as well leave.” She walked towards the door slowly, waiting for Yoona to stop her but the younger girl didn’t.

 

She walked towards the bed again and lay down next to Yoona. “What is the big deal? There are a lot of other things I can’t do for you. Helping you with a scrape, a cut or a severed finger is one of the many things I’m not capable of doing.”

 

She mindlessly traced patterns on Yoona’s back and when her finger grazed the latter’s spine, she heard a giggle. She smirked and continued running her finger up and down Yoona’s spine until Yoona burst out laughing. “St-stop it. I-it tickles.”

 

Yoona was now facing her and was holding the finger she used to assault her ticklish spot.

 

“I’m sorry, okay? Does it still hurt?”

 

“It stings.”

 

“Do you want me to get you an ice cream so you’d feel better?”

 

Yoona nodded her head like a little kid and completely missed the patronizing tone Jessica was using.

 

“Such a kid.”

 

 

---

 

 

“Are you looking for a two-bedroom apartment because of me?” Yoona smirked as she enveloped Jessica in her arms while the latter was doing an ocular inspection of the unit. The two have been searching for an apartment for two days now but Jessica was being too picky. The previous apartments they’ve been to were either too small, too big, too many neighbours with kids or too expensive.

 

She elbowed Yoona in response. “It’s for Krystal if she decides to come visit me or pretty much any other visitor except you, of course.”

 

Yoona frowned but it was immediately replaced with a naughty smile. “I see what you’re doing. That’s you indirectly telling me that you want me to stay in your room every time I visit.”

 

Jessica walked away from her and opened the door to one of the bedrooms. “That was me telling you that if you ever visit me, you’ll be sleeping on the couch.”

 

She said it to tease Yoona further. She didn’t really mean it and she was actually fine sharing her bed with her if the girl ever decides on staying for the night once she moves to her new apartment. These past couple of days that she’d spent with Yoona definitely brought them closer.

 

“Why don’t you just get the unit next to ours? The tenant there already moved so it’s completely vacant now. Our building’s not that bad.”

 

“No, thank you. Doing that would give you plenty of chance to bug me.” She looked at the other room which was smaller than the first one but it was enough to turn it into a guest room.

 

“Our doorman’s nice and not intimidating at all,” Yoona continued but Jessica ignored her.

 

“I think I’ll be getting this.”

 

“Why? The doorman’s scary.”

 

“What is your issue with him?”

 

“He was staring at you when we entered the building,” she complained.

 

Jessica just shook her head and dialled a number.

 

She just finished telling the other person on the line that she’s already found a unit when she heard Yoona’s phone ringing.

 

She didn’t mean to eavesdrop but she was curious as to what they were talking about.

 

“My friend’s fine, unnie even if I wanted her to do the chores, I couldn’t. She’s not really good at any household chores,” she heard Yoona say. She’s talking to Taeyeon.

 

“Yes, yes. I’m sure she’s just a friend.”

 

Jessica thought about what Yoona said. ‘Just a friend.’ If they were really just friends then both of them are extremely friendly because kissing, touching each other in places that only lovers would, cuddling every night aren’t exactly activities that ‘friends’ do.

 

She had no problem with Yoona referring to her as a friend though. If someone asked her who Yoona was to her, she’d also say the same thing. Friends. They won’t deny that they’ve blurred the line between friends and lovers but they also won’t admit that they won’t mind being more than just friends…or at least, Jessica won’t.

 

Yoona treats her well and only a fool would brush off the kindness that the younger girl was displaying. She now knows that Yoona’s naturally kind. She could tell by how she treats everyone and it’s becoming some sort of problem for the older girl.

 

Jung Jessica has a soft spot for kind people. It doesn’t necessarily have to be her that receives the act of kindness. When she sees some random person helping an old woman get on a bus or if a stranger gives food to a beggar in the street, she feels all warm and fuzzy. Most times these kind strangers would catch her staring and give her an amused smile which she returns with a genuine one.

 

It probably rooted from the fact that unlike those random people who do random acts of kindness to others, she’s mostly hesitant in helping people. It’s not because she’s a snob. She’s just really shy so most people, the ones that don’t know her, would think that she is a snobby brat.

 

When Yoona helped the old couple with their shopping bags the other day while they were on their way to check a unit, Jessica saw her in a different light. She used to think that Yoona only acted nice towards her because she likes her but she was proven wrong multiple times.

 

Every time Yoona does something nice for other people, she’d stare at her kind eyes and genuine smile. To her relief, the younger girl hasn’t caught her staring yet.

 

Because of those events, she was sure she’s not just physically attracted to Yoona anymore. It was definitely more than that.

 

“Take care, unnie.” Yoona ended the call and walked closer to Jessica. “Can we eat now or do you need to talk to people with regards to renting this unit?”

 

“Our boss assigned someone to do that for me. Let’s go fill that stomach of yours.” Jessica tapped Yoona’s tummy lightly which earned a chuckle from the younger girl.

 

They got inside the car that Jessica’s boss issued for her as part of the compensation for accepting the job offer. It was the new Hyundai Veloster. She was supposed to have the white one but Yoona persuaded her into getting the red one.

 

If there was anything Yoona liked more than Jessica right now, it would be Jessica’s car. It amused Yoona to no end because there were only three doors. Yoona’s reaction was, to say the least, priceless when she noticed it. She noticed it two days after Jessica got the car.

 

“Can I invite Tiffany to have lunch with us?”

 

“Sure,” Jessica answered as she put on her seatbelt. “Why don’t you invite your best friend as well?”

 

“Yuri? Nah, it’s fine.”

 

“No, really. I find the two of them funny.” She started the engine and drove off.

 

“You wouldn’t say that if you find out what Yuri’s nickname for you is,” she mumbled but Jessica caught it.

 

“What is her nickname for me?”

 

Yoona didn’t answer right away but when she noticed Jessica’s expression changing, she blurted it out. “Super hot sugar mommy.”

 

Jessica stepped on the break which was fortunate because the traffic light just turned red. “I am not a sugar mommy. Why would she say that?”

 

“Because you pay for our meal,” she murmured again all the while squirming in her seat.

 

“Invite her.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you and her would be paying for our meal today.”

 

Yoona creased her eyebrows. “Why am I included in the punishment? I didn’t do anything.”

 

“She’s your best friend.”

 

She sighed and sent a text message to both Yuri and Tiffany.

 

Goddammit, Unicorn!

 

 

---

 

 

“I heard from Yoona that you’ve been calling me ‘super hot sugar mommy’, Yuri.” Jessica leaned back on her chair.

 

Tiffany and Yoona were both sniggering while Yuri had her head ducked down.

 

“It’s seriously a compliment though.”

 

“I wish for your sake that your wallet’s loaded.” She picked up the menu and after a few minutes, she called on a waiter. Yoona and Yuri were staring at the menu as well but they were more focused on the price. Jessica was ordering the more expensive ones. When she finished, she smiled at the two best friends and asked, “What would you guys be getting?”

 

“A glass of tap water is free, right?” The waiter nodded at Yuri’s query. “Keep it coming.”

 

When the food came, Jessica finally told Yuri that she’d be sharing the food she ordered. Yuri was still scared so she only really ate a little.

 

While they were eating, Tiffany observed the two girls sitting across them. Jessica would cover and whisper something in Yoona’s ears which made the latter giggle. She wasn’t curious at all what the older girl whispered to Yoona, what she cared about though was Yoona smiling like there’s no tomorrow.

 

Tiffany wasn’t the only one who noticed it. Yuri also did and she was ready to take back what she said about Yoona not being in love. Never has she seen her best friend act like that one with anyone. She threw a knowing look at Tiffany and the latter stifled a laugh at Yuri’s expression.

 

“Jessica-unnie, Yoona told me you’re going to be working for that new show on KBS?” Jessica nodded. “That must be so cool working with Lee Dongwook and other famous celebrities. I wish I could meet a really famous celebrity one day and maybe work with them too.”

 

Yoona drank her red iced tea and wiped her lips. “You’ve met my sister though. You’ve also worked with her, sort of, when you did that project on that subject.”

 

Tiffany frowned at the memory. “I can’t look at your sister the same way after that. She kept on burping while I was talking to her. Such a turn off.”

 

Jessica laughed. She remembered that Taeyeon has a bit of a problem with burping.  She can’t seem to do it quietly. It’s like it always has to have sounds and she sounded like a 300 pound trucker. She found it cute though and it made her laugh.

 

Yoona eyed her weirdly. “You’re liking this topic too much.”

 

“Burp sounds are funny,” she said.

 

“Taeyeon-unnie seems to think so, too,” Fany exclaimed, “Same goes with fart sounds. You two are so weird.”

 

“I should really set up a date for you two to meet.”

 

Jessica wanted to say no so badly but she’s afraid that Yoona would get suspicious. She didn’t want that simply because she’s not ready to tell another soul about what went down with her and Taeyeon.

 

“I think you two would get along.”

 

No, Yoong, we won’t, was what she wanted to say but she chose to keep mum.

 

When they’ve paid for the bill, the four of them went out and for the first time that day, Tiffany noticed the scar that the abrasion left on Yoona’s knee.

 

“What the heck happened to your knee?” Yuri looked at the girl’s knee as well.

 

“I tripped on her foot,” she said as she pointed at Jessica.

 

“Have you put an ointment on it already?” Tiffany asked as she rummaged through her bag, looking for an ointment. When she found it, she crouched a bit and applied it on Yoona’s knee.

 

“Fany, you are such a mom,” Yoona whined.

 

Jessica was staring at them intently as she held tightly on Yoona’s hand. Yuri, on the other hand, was observing the older girl. She had an unreadable expression but it was better to take precaution so she pulled Tiffany up.

 

“Fany-ah, we should leave these two alone.”

 

“Why?” Tiffany looked at the two. “Do you have any other plans?”

 

They both shook their heads. Yoona let go of Jessica’s hand and placed it on the small of her back. “Are you tired?”

 

“A bit,” Jessica answered.

 

“We’ll get going then. See you on Monday.”

 

When the two of them were gone, Yuri smirked and linked arms with Tiffany. They started walking in the opposite direction.

 

“You need to stop acting like a mother hen to Yoona.”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Because she’s got another mother hen now. A super hot one at that.”

 

Tiffany slapped her shoulder and laughed. “You and that big mouth of yours would get broke by the time you graduate. She’s not even that old.”

 

“It’s not even an insult. Older girls are hot as hell.”

 

 

---

 

 

Jessica plopped herself on Yoona’s bed while the latter sat beside her and leaned on the headboard.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Jessica pouted. “I think I ate too much.”

 

The younger girl placed a hand on Jessica’s tummy. “I think you did, too. You almost look like you’re pregnant.” She lifted her shirt a bit and blew a raspberry on Jessica’s tummy.

 

“Stop it,” she said as she squirmed under Yoona.

 

She was back to leaning against the headboard with Jessica now lying on top of her, hugging her as if she’s a huge and fluffy plush toy.

 

“Do you want me to get you something for your tummy?”

 

“No.”

 

Yoona kissed the crown of her head and her back instead. “This is what you get for trying to get back at Yuri for calling you a sugar mommy.”

 

Jessica pinched her waist and the younger girl hissed in pain. When Yoona continued rubbing the sore spot, she felt guilty thinking she pinched it really hard.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s your fault.”

 

Yoona accepted the ‘apology’ only because Jessica was pouting in a really cute way. She placed both hands on Jessica’s waist and pecked her lips. “You’re adorable.”

 

The sight of Yoona’s half-lidded eyes staring at her lips was turning Jessica on. It didn’t help that she could feel Yoona’s hot breath tickling her lips.

 

Jessica kissed her chin, making her way up to Yoona’s eyes before kissing the latter’s lips. As their kiss got heated, their awareness about their surrounding decreased and they both failed to hear someone calling out for Yoona.

 

“Yoong.” The door of Yoona’s bedroom opened and revealed her older sister.

 

The two broke the kiss but their faces were just inches apart as they both turned their gazes to the door.

 

“Taeyeon-unnie,” Yoona greeted with a smile.

 

Jessica mirrored the shock expression on Taeyeon’s face. She was definitely not ready for this. What made the unexpected reunion worse was their compromising position on Yoona’s bed.

 

.

 

___

updating because I've just heard previews of snsd's new japanese album and it made me happy

oh and ta-da! taeyeon and jessica meeting again