GoodBye

Before you leave

 

         "I can't". They were standing in the door frame. It was a temping offer but not only it could get him in trouble but she didn't want rush things.

       "Why not?"

        "I really don't want to take the risk, besides you need to get some sleep"

       It was obvious sleep would be the last thing on their list, is she spent the night. There was between them and that was something dangerous... In a good way though.

       "Okay then" Leeteuk didn't pressure anymore. The last thing he wanted was to leave yet another bad impression. Actually he wasn't looking to have with her. He just wanted to have her in his arms.

       "I understand" He pecked her lips, secretly hoping for more of those opportunities in the future.

         "I guess I'll be going now"

        "I´ll walk you to your car" They stepped out to the cool night air, their hands lacing with one another immediately. Their steps were slow and heavy. Soras' heart felt like that... Heavy. Was this was their last meeting in two years?

       They crossed the street to her car and went around it to the drivers’ seat. She turned around leaning against the door facing him.                                                                           "So..." She began but was cut off by Leeteuks lips on top of hers. Without hesitation her arms hung on the back of his neck. Tongues played for dominance all while her mind was invaded with thoughts of them.  Her heart ached and even though she wanted to concentrate on what was going on in & the man holding her seductively by the waist she couldn't. She didn't realize she was crying until the salty taste of her tears infiltrated the kiss, and she wasn't the only one to notice.

        "Sora what's wrong?" Leeteuk broke the kiss taking her face in his hands. She just shook her head, no words coming out. At that moment a car motor was heard, Leeteuk watched intently past Sora through the windows of her car. The rest of the band members had arrived, including their manager. Sora also turned her attention to the scene and both of them waited silently as if they were to get caught. When the streets were empty once again Sora let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding.                                                                            "Go in I don't want you to get in trouble & you need to rest" He nodded with a solemn expression.

"So... I'll see you in two years?"- She asked after a brief moment of silence.

“No, I´ll have some days off after my training is over and then after that you can visit me” Tears started to build up in her eyes and he panicked.

“I’m still not sure how it works but I´ll think of something okay, please don’t cry”

“I’m sorry I just… Of course Ill visit” She forced a smile.

“Don’t cry anymore”

“You’re not going to cry?”

“What?”He laughed a little.

“Well you’re very sensitive aren’t you?” He laughed a bit embarrassed, she meant no harm and he could see that right through her big glistering innocent eyes. Besides is was true.

“I am, but I made a promised my fans that I wouldn’t cry”

“On our last episode you didn’t cry. I honestly thought you would brake and not me but you never did. Did you promised anyone”

“I did actually” She quirked an eyebrow.

“I promised myself. If I cried in front of you then I wouldn’t look like a husband should... You know, manly”

"I think you're very manly" She pouted poking his biceps

"I didn’t want you to look at me like that. I would have been awkward"

"But it would have been just fine. As a wife I have to support you, through everything"

"As a wife" He repeated softly. "Sora?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to wait for me? Or... Will just see what happens after two years"

        Sora hadn't though of that, just a few hours ago she realized about her feelings... But she hadn’t quite figured out what it was exactly, was it love? Was it the same thing that Leeteuk proclaimed for her? She had never been in love, as pathetic as it sounded, thus she had no idea what was going on between them.

       But she was almost sure that two persons could be together, have mutual feelings and great chemistry and that didn't necessarily mean to be in love, that compromising feeling came with time. At least that's what she thought. Maybe Leeteuk had another mindset, having more experience and so. The young actress also thought about her high school days; her friends dating guys and after a week claiming to be madly in love, a month after that breaking up. She hated that. For her the phrase "I love you" was taken slightly by many people.

       Not her though.

       All of this flooding her mind zoned her out for a good 60 seconds. Leeteuk noticed her inner conflict. She almost looked scared. Something normal, it was a big commitment for such a young person.

       "Sora, just forget it. I don't want you to feel forced into anything. Just promise you'll visit" He smiled trying to mask his disappointment.

       "I will"

      "Then... I think I have to go inside. They'll be looking for me and Donghae can keep a lie for so long" He chuckled to squish the awkwardness that had settled in.

       "Oppa. Please don't be upset. This is just so sudden for me"

      “I’m not upset. I understand, but that doesn’t change my feelings." He leaned closer and cupped her face with a tender and soft look in his eyes.

       "Know that I love you. Okay?" She nodded. He threw his arms around her shoulders and she encircled his torso. They hugged tightly for minutes with out saying anything. Sadness palpable in the air. The SJ leader had to bite down his tongue to not shed tears. He had made a promise but Sora was making it so hard.

      “I’m sorry” –She said remerging from his chest, leaving a damp spot on his shirt.

      “Its okay” He cupped her face one again.

     “Now no more crying, I feel like I have an incurable disease or something” She nodded trying to keep herself together.

“Promise you won’t cry anymore”

“I cant. I’m going to miss you”

“But you’ll visit right?

“I will”

He ruffled her hair. It had been about 20 minutes since Sora was “leaving” but she really had to go now. It was probably was 2 o’clock am

She finally turned around to open the door and climbed in her car. She started the ignition and rolled the window down.

“So… Ill see you…”

“Soon” He reassured leaning in for another kiss. It took all of their will to part but they had to do it. Finding excuses to stay would only make it harder. So she was determined to drive off.

She sighted

“Go inside”

“No I want to see you drive off. The stronger person stays behind, remember? ”

“Okay” He leaned in for another kiss. “I love you” He whispered against her plump lips.

They pulled away and Sora didn’t say anything.  With one last look at each other Sora drove off.  Leaving a disappointed Leeteuk behind.