the split

Winter's playful Kiss

[ 5 years later]

There was no season that Changmin and Yoona loved more than winter. Changmiin would excitedly hold Yoona's hand, as they walked into the woods. It was beautiful, and cold. But holding each other's hands provided them with warmth. They were only 11 years old, but feaures of extremely fine man and woman could be seen in the pair. 11 year old changmin would write songs and teach Yoona how to play the piano and Yoona woud learn diligently. Yoona had an amazing talent for the piano. Her fingers were long and elegant, and she played each key with perfection. changmin was more impressed than ever, within a short period, yoona had overtaken him in the piano section without any formal coaching, but he developed more in the composing sector. They were only 11, but were inseperable. In the story books Changmin read, the princesses were described were exactly like Yoona. Fair skin, brown wavy hair, beautiful. While in novels Yoona read, love and romance was described exactly this way. Call them naive, but not quite.  

Back to their stroll, Changmin stopped all of a sudden. 

" It's the winter solstice today." Changmin smiled, looking over a bed of white, fluffy snow.

" It's beautiful."  YoonA muttered back.

" Come on, lets call Onew and Taemin and have a snow fight!" Changmin said excitedly.

Yoona giggled as she nodded her head, Changmin took her hand and ran, leading her to the Lee brother's estate.

Onew and Taemin were biological siblings. They were Changmin and Yoona's best friends and neighbours, with them occassionally coming over to play with Changmin and Yoona. Onew and Taemin were sons of a reowned stage producer. They had a pact that on day, the lee brithers would produce Yoona's stage, playing changmin's songs.

now, that might just come true, no?

Onew and Taemin ran out of their house excitedly. Taemin took a small scoop of snow in his small hands, and launched the first attack on his brother. Onew retaliated, at taemin and Yoona. Changmin laughed, and started throwing snowballs. White puffy balls of snow flew in all directions, as well as laughter, it could be heard in all directions.

Finally everyone is tired, and laid on the cold, snow, making snow angel prints on the floor.

" We'll have fun like this everyday right, Changmin?" Yoona said shyly.

Changmin nodded, that little man acting like the big boy he want to be to yoona.

" Of course, i'll protect you from all harm and make sure we can play everyday!" Changmin exclaimed.

Yoona giggled and smiled at her older brother. Wait, they had no blood relation, so who the heck cares?

------------------

Yoona and Changmin was greeted home by a very tense, still atmosphere. Their parents sat on the couch solemnly. 

" We have something to tell you." Yoona's mother said.

" We're getting a divorce." Changmin's dad continued.

Their faces fell, the children looked at each other.

Changmin whispered " its okay! You'll still be in korea, besides, we can meet up and people will think its less weird since we aren't siblings anymore." 

Yoona started to smile. Yoona's mother seem to have guessed what Changmin said.

" i'm bringing Yoona to the states and we're not coming back. And we're leaving now." Her mother said, firm.

Yoona started crying, shaking her head violently.

Changmin's smile faded, dropping to the floor on his knees.

" Its ok..okay..w...we.can...ex.exchange email addresses!" Changmin said, in attempt to be optimistic and soothe the crying Yoona.

" No no no, she would be cutting contact from you completely. Yoona dear, its for the best." Her mother said, her words were bittersweet. 

Yoona refused. 

" LEAVE. NOW," Her mom shouted.

[ Changmin POV]

Yoona grabbed my hand, looking at me with her pleading eyes. i held onto her hand tightly. Her mom pulled even harder, my hands clenched even tighter, my fist almost white in colour.

I saw the taxis outside, I saw the already packed luggages. I looked into Yoona's eyes. I would never give her up, but the currents were going against us. 

My grip loosened, and her mother dragged Yoona out inch by inch.

" WHEN YOU'RE 21. WE'LL MEET AT SEOUL'S TOWER ON THE WINTER SOLSTICE, 6PM AND THE ENTRANCE. DON'T FORGET." Yoona nodded, and then she disappeared from my sight. 

I sat there crying. I hated my father, I hated him for whatever he did that might have driven step mother away. I hated him. I kept Yoona deep and buried inside my heart. I'll never forget her. I'll never want to lose her.

and for the next few years to come, I'll always remember her, and the promise we made.

----------------------

Wow i woke up with 5 subbies, thats not bad for me LOL. Please anticipate the characters that would be coming out. Yunjae would be later, but the other dbsk members would be quite soon :') Please stay with me! ^^ Comment and suscribe if you like it :D